1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Draft Recap Thread

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by The Cat, Jul 10, 2001.

1. The Cat

The Cat Member

I didn't know if anyone was doing grades for this draft, but if someone is, this could make it a lot easier. List all of your draft day acquistions, through picks or trades, and talk about them for a sentence or two. We can have every team do this, and then someone can read it and give out some grades...

Houston Rockets

Draft day acquistions:

Ben Wallace (pick 9)
    Derek Fisher

The GM's opinion:

I came into the draft needing toughness and rebounding, and came away with it. Wallace may have been a couple of picks high at 9, but I preferred not to risk trading down and losing him. With Divac, Dirk Nowitzki, and Michael Bradley I had some good big men, but none are great rebounders or enforcers. In Wallace, I get someone who will rebound like crazy, play defense, and can start or play off the bench at both the PF and C spots. Through two trades, I picked up Lakers point guard Derek Fisher and lost only Chris Whitney and Tracy Murray... if he can shoot like he did in the playoffs, I think I could get a very good player who didn't have a place on the sim version of the Lakers.

Next Season's Projected Lineup

C-- Vlade Divac
    PF- Dirk Nowitzki
    SF- Shane Battier
    SG- Vince Carter
    PG- Steve Francis

C/PF- Ben Wallace
    SG/SF- Courtney Alexander
    PG- Derek Fisher
    PF/C- Michael Bradley

------------------
    Draftsource.net-- the premier source for draft info. Profiles, rankings, mock drafts, and more!

The Mo Taylor Fan Site

2. Band Geek Mobster

Jazz

Kenny Satterfield
    Jamario Moon
    Benjamin Eze

Oh yes, the college guys are coming to the Jazz. I was expecting crap for my picks, and well, crap was available, so instead of taking guys that will live on my IR for eternity, I went with youth and potential. My only real need in this draft was an SG so I selected Moon with that pick. I'm not expecting him to start or become an all-star or anything, he's just a young guy that has the tools to be a very good SG in this league. 6'8 200 lbs is the perfect NBA type size for a SG, the other SG's available were all in the 6'4 range so I went with Moon. Moon's problem in college was his grades, he never went to class, so he got suspended and never could compete in Division 1. He's not the typical young college guy though, he apparently has a very nice shot which is also what I need on my team.

Anyway, I also picked up Satterfield for insurance puposes, he can play both SG and PG, so if I ever had a Mark Jackson type injury, I won't suffer with Fred Hoiberg as my backup.

Eze's just a big body that can grab a few boards, he'll start out on my IR, but he could prove to be valuable in the playoffs when I go against a bigger team and I need rebounding.

I targeted 3 players before this draft and I got 2 of them, I'm satisfied with my draft, especially since I really don't need anything.

I have no clue what my final depth chart will look like so I'll just provide the full roster by primary position.

Diop/Ewing/Eze
    Coleman/Harrington
    Hill/Radman/Kukoc/Bullard
    Starks/Moon/Hoiberg
    Wesley/Anderson/Satterfield/Anthony

------------------
    This post contains no smilies, you must judge my seriousness on your own...

3. ZRB

ZRB Member

The Bucks drafted Austin Croshere at number 23.

I needed an offensive-minded small forward, and Austin fills that need pretty well. Now I can move Isaiah Rider to the bench, and provide a decent scoring spark.

Here is my team:

Damon Stoudamire-Terry Porter-*Chris Herren
    Steve Smith-Mario Ellie-Jaren Jackson
    Austin Croshere-Isaiah Rider-Detlef Shremph
    Vin Baker-Scott Williams
    Tim Duncan-Ervin Johnson

*Injured List

The way I see it, there's no team in the east that could possibly challenge me. My only concern is depth, but I believe my franchise player makes up for that. I've got a nice Offensive starting lineup, and plenty of defensive stoppers and veterans coming off the bench. My starters will outscore other team's starters, and my scrubs will shut down other scrubs. There's no way I can lose.

I feel that I have successfully rebuilt that sham of a team that collapsed so completely against Philly in the Eastern Conference Finals. This team will dominate the east next year, and take the title against whatever fodder the west has to offer.

------------------
    Protrolls.com!

"I want to be like Olajon." -Sagana Diop has the right idea...

Keep the ???? alive!

4. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

Good Thread idea

Pistons Draft day acquisitions:

Cedric Ceballos (Pick 13)
    Will Solomon-r (Pick 52)

Opinion:
    I came in to the draft needing to solidify at SF and backup PG. I think i took care of both needs. I got Ceballos who will be able to step right in and be a productive starter. I know Heath had him 5th at SF but I think everyone can agree some of Heaths lists were a little strange [​IMG]. I think Ced was a good pickup at 13 since I had him at 2 on my SF list. I decided against taking a veteran PG at 52 because i felt like Solomon (the 33rd pick in the real draft) can give my team the same numbers any of the veterans left at that spot could.

Projected Lineup:

PG- Sam Cassell
    SG- Allen Iverson
    SF- Cedric Ceballos
    PF- Jerome Williams
    C-- Nazr Mohammed

SF/PF- Troy Murphy-r
    SG/SF- Chris Carr
    G/SF - Bobby Sura
    C-- Joel Przbylla
    C-- Dan Santiago
    PG- Will Solomon-r
    PF- Grant Long

------------------
    CC.Net Sim Homepage
    For stats, standings and team information.

5. DieHard Rocket

Toronto Raptors Acquisitions:

F/C B.Grant (#3)
    G A.Williams (#28)
    PF A. Foyle (#38)
    G V.Cummings (#39)
    PF B.Skinner (#42)

I pretty much just needed to fill out my roster in the draft, and I did. I came in with a ton of picks from the previous GM, and basically got what I needed most with my first 2 picks. Grant takes place of Mohammed and I reacquire A.Williams after submitting him. The other 3 picks were just for some decent bench players. Hopefully I have revived the Raptors after they started last season as a sure playoff team and ended up out by several games.

Projected Lineup:

C K.Clark
    PF B.Grant
    SF E.Robinson
    SG A.Williams
    PG J.Terry

SG J.Forte
    PF A.Foyle
    F D.Ham
    G V.Cummings
    C Radojevic
    PF B.Skinner
    PG M.Cleaves

------------------
    Who needs teachers? I can learn my own self.

[This message has been edited by DieHard Rocket (edited July 11, 2001).]

6. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Member
    Supporting Member

I only had one draft pick in this common, at #15. My only real need was C, or backup C. That is all dependent on how well Steven Hunter plays for me as a rookie. I am not expecting a great deal.

Sonics #15: Tom Gugliotta

This acquisition was not what I had in mind. I looked over the talent in the draft pool, and realized that at #15, the best player available would likely not be a center. So I set out to draft best available. This means that certainly any of my three decent power forwards are available for a decent C and SF. My current depth chart looks like this:

_C - Steven Hunter/Chris Gatling/Jelani McCoy
    PF - Keith Van Horn/Tom Gugliotta/Chris Gatling
    SF - Allan Houston/Tom Gugliotta/Bryon Russel
    SG - Eddie Jones/Bryon Russel/Calbert Cheaney
    PG - Keyon Dooling/Charlie Ward/Calbert Cheaney

As you can see, center is clearly the main deficieny of my team. However, backup SF is not what I would like it to be, as Googs is not really fast enough in my eyes to survive there. And Bryon Russel gets most of his minutes backing up EJ. Preferably, I would like to move Chris Gatling for a good backup C, or for a decent C and a decent SF.

------------------
    Rockets need power forward. Mo near now. Go near Mo.

You can Run from the bet, you can Rave at the bet...but you just can't hide.

7. DEANBCURTIS

DEANBCURTIS Member

Picks

#17 Jahidi White
    #46 Eric Williams

Projected Lineup

pg-Armstrong/Jackson/Stith
    sg-Richmond/Hamilton/Davis/Curry
    sf-Morris/Nesby/Williams/Smith
    pf-Walker/Brown/Laettner
    c-White/Thomas/Geiger

Right now I am stacked and need to waive two players. Still unsure who will get the cut but either way I am glad to have ex-Wizards Antoine Walker and Jahidi White back. By the way anyone looking to pick up some utility backups perhaps we can work something out.

------------------
    Ceo of the Walt Williams and Lisa Malosky fan club.

atheistalliance.org

8. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Member

Portland Balzers

Draft day acquistions:

Dream (pick #19)
    Jacque Vaughan (Pick #57)

The GM's opinion:
    Again the draft was good to me, we my trade prior to the draft i cam needing to upgrade my centre poistion and a back-up PG.

For those who missed it I trade Stoudamire and the version team of Smith, Schrempf and Strickland to the Bucks for Andre Miller, Mike Miller and Jamie Feick. As a result Sablownees and Baron underperforming Davis were submitted to the draft.

I loved what Sablownees has done for me but i had to let him go and in Dream i get the same with better rebounding and defense. Also he will help me win finals this year, especially after the singlet presentation prior to game 6. Vaughan delivers just what i need a back-up PG to Andre Miller a rest.

So really i have lost Soutdamire, B Davis, Sablownees, Smith, Schrempf and Strickland and in return have gained Andre Miller, Mike Miller, Dream, Feick and Vaughan.

Next Season's Projected Lineup

C-- Dream
    PF- Sheed Wallace
    SF- Paul Pierce
    SG- Bonzi Wells
    PG- Andre Miller

C/PF- Chris Mihm
    SG/SF- Ron Mercer
    SG/SF- Mike Miller
    SG/SF- Ron Artest
    PG- Jacque Vaughan
    PF/C- Shawn Kemp
    PF- James Feick
    PF- Rookie Randolph

Man two years ago i probably had one of the oldest rosters in the league and look at it now, i haven't lost any depth, and have got a hell of a lot younger and better. Be Scared, Be Very Scared...........

------------------
    "The things I enjoy most, I suck at:
    1) Sex: everything's fine until she makes noises." - Achebe

9. dc rock

dc rock Member

Spurs

Draft day acquistions

Gregor F_ucka

Dont laugh, he is a solid foreign player who was the playoffs mvp in his league, he scoreD 20 points a game and pulled down 9 rebounds.

my team:

C :DAVID ROBINSON / MALIK ROSE / DANNY FERRY
    PF:RODNEY ROGERS / ALAN HENDERSON / GREGOR F-UCKA
    SF:GLENN ROBINSON / CLARENCE WEATHERSPOON / JASON CAFFEY
    SG:RAY ALLEN / ROD STRICKLAND /LINDSEY HUNTER
    PG:JALEN ROSE / TRAVIS BEST / STEVE KERR

------------------
    mgh 1924 - 2001

http://www.al-gore-2004.org/

[This message has been edited by dc rock (edited July 10, 2001).]

10. haven

haven Member

New York Knicks

#6 Michael Dickerson
    #18 Doug Christie
    #47 Alton Ford

Jason Richardson (trade)

I went into the draft knowing that the #18 and the #47 wouldn't be able to get me what I needed - that is, players to start at the 1, 2, and 5. Unfortunately, my only real commodity was the guy I didn't want to lose: Antonio McDyess. I had two credible offers, and chose the one that gave me more players. I traded McDyess and my #29 for the #6 and stud prospect Jason Richardson. I have a logjam at the 2, but hopefully more trades and small ball will make the Knicks competitive in the next sim year.

Barring further trades, I plan on playing Richardson at the 3, Dickerson at the 2, and Christie at the 1.

The Knicks also acquired Alton Ford; he's a project, but he does have athleticism and potential, and on a sparse team hopefully he'll have time to develop (thanks cat, good choice for me there).

Projected lineup:

C Harrington/Ostertag
    PF Rashard Lewis/Harrington
    SF Richardson
    SG Dickerson
    PG Chrstie/Doug West

------------------
    Clutchcity.net... source for all your Rockets, Astros, political, music, humor, and Gordita news.

[This message has been edited by haven (edited July 10, 2001).]

11. SamCassell

SamCassell Member

The Pacers went into the draft needing help at both guard positions, particularly PG. More than that though, we simply needed an infusion of talent - despite coming within an eyelash of pulling an upset in the first round in the playoffs, the Pacers were basically a bunch of cast-offs and overachievers.

With the first pick (#16), the Pacers (with Cat's help!) helped fill their talent pool, nabbing the best available player. In Elden Campbell, we got a very good center who solidifies an already strong frontcourt and provides the missing element of shotblocking. With the #45 pick, we obtained Chris Whitney in trade with the Rockets. Though he warmed the bench for most of the sim season this year, he was a solid starter in real life for the Wizards, replacing Rod Strickland. Considering the players available at the time, I was happy to land a guy who could fill a real need.

I'm still looking for another shooting guard to round out the team, but otherwise it looks solid.

Starters
    C: Campbell
    PF: Ty Hill
    SF: Bender
    SG: Delk
    PG: Childs

Bench
    C/PF Potapenko
    SF Posey
    SG/SF Jefferson
    PG Whitney
    C Tabak
    PG Edney
    C Perkins

------------------
    I'm so amazingly cool you could keep a side of meat in me for a month. I am so hip that I have difficulty seeing over my pelvis.

12. Tolpatcsh Verkinder

Team : Boston Celtics.

Draft Day Acquisitions : None.

I traded my second round pick as part of the ill-fated Kenny Anderson-Charlie Ward swap. I thought it was a very bad deal for me, but as the year wore on it became apparent that the talent level in the common draft would not be enough to seriously impact my team. Rather than stick in the draft, I high-tailed it out of there. My first rounder was packaged in the deal that brought me the No. 4 rookie pick, who I turned into future star Rodney White. This left me with only one late second rounder that I acquired in the Ratliff trade. Figuring that the pick would bring me a useless player I moved it for talented prospect William Avery, who will see time at back-up point, and may even start.

I was not, however, willing to just walk away from the draft as there were two players in particular that really intrigued me. Unfortunately, neither Ben Wallace, not Hakeem Olajuwon slipped far enough that my resources would allow me to trade for the pick.

Projected Line-up:
    PG : DerMarr Johnson
    SG : Stephen Jackson
    SF : Rodney White
    PF : Jerome Moiso
    C : Alonzo Mourning

Bench:
    PG : Will Avery
    PF : Danny Manning
    SF : Bobby Simmons
    PF/C : Ken Johnson
    PG/SG : Jamison Brewer
    PF : Walter McCarty

Franchise Player :
    Matt Maloney.

------------------
    It was the time of the preacher, in the year of '01
    Now the preachin' is over, and the lessons begun . . .

13. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Member

sacramento kings

draft day selections:
    none

GM Take:

This year the kings had no first round pick, but that is quite acceptable considering it first went to portland netting the kings the superb center they always wanted, marc jackson and pg jason terry. However, the blazers pick obtained in that deal became even more significant as terry and the pick enabled the kings to welcome home peja stojakovic and get a solid pg, chucky atkins in return. So basically the kings pick, along with other resources helped improve the kings for next season and the years to come. Aa for the 2nd round pick, earlier in the year the kings got kerry kittles and aaron williams for hidayet turkoglu and the pick, which subsquently went to the nets. This deal gave the kings a solid sg and a good bench pf/c so once again the pick proved helpful. Finally, onto the losses, we wish derek anderson and doug christie the best in their new situations and would like to thank them for their tenure in sacramento. However, the kings have exceptional depth so their losses wont be felt hardly at all as deshawn stevenson and chucky atkins will step in for them and they expect juwan howard to step up and become the leader of the bench "mob."

Draft Day Weirdness:

This has been one weird day, from thinking we had obtained a quality veteran pg in darrell armstrong, to seeing that the original four way deal was rescinded, then having a new agreement with the wizards, but only to see him cancel the deal due to the suprise selection of jahidi white. Overall, everything happens for a reason and in fact after a bit of reflection, this makes me a better team because while i wouldve been happy getting darrell, my team wouldve lacked some bench punch as the presence of a backup pg to lead the young guys.

Roster
    C-Marc Jackson/Scot Pollard/Aaron Williams
    Pf-Chris Webber/Aaron Williams/Ousmane Cisse
    Sf-Peja Stojakovic/Juwan Howard/Deshawn Stevenson
    Sg-Cuttino Mobley/Deshawn Stevenson/Gilbert Arenas
    Pg-Lamar Odom/Chucky Atkins/Gilbert Arenas

Preseason Goal
    Overall, my goal this preseason is to give my newly drafted rookies and guys i havent seen much like atkins,arenas,stevenson,cisse as much playing time as possible

Season Expectations
    Last year, was a season in transition in which we positioned ourselves to become a perennial western conference power with the additions of peja and jackson and a strong bench. Now, this season expectations are high in Sacramento and this young, exciting team should finish in the upper part of western conference and give the portland trailblazers a strong run for their money in the improved pacific division next year. Overall, if the end of last season was any indication, the sky is the limit for this exceptionally talented group this season and in the future.

------------------
    How Sweet It Is! How Sweet It Is!
    Gene Peterson on the rockets winning the 1995 championship over the Orlando Magic

14. rimbaud

rimbaud Member
    Supporting Member

My picks:

#12: Jim Jackson
    #14: John Stockton
    #20: Michael Olowokandi
    #25: Hidayet Turkoglu
    #48: Robert Traylor
    #54: Damone Brown

(trades prior to draft but important in my decision making):

Kenyon Martin
    Tony Battie
    George Lynch
    Johnny Newman

With my first pick I knew that I would go for a 2...I had 0 on my roster prior...I was hoping Dickerson (yeah, right), Anderson, Miller, or Jackson would fall to me. I got Jackson. Not a star, npt a big scorer like the others, but he brings alot.
    Next I went for Stockton. I needed a sold 1 to help Sasser adjust. I thought I would be left with Davis and that would have been nice because he is young, but Stocton is better now for my team, so this was good. When he retires, Sasser should be ready.
    Olowokandi I thought Smeg would take. I am glad he did not. I think this pick pays off more when the real season starts and 'Kandi improves now that he has help up front and a stacked offensive team.
    Turky, I felt, was a big steal. In few minutes, he scored a bunch. I need offense. I also think he will improve a lot in the real NBA.
    Traylor serves a decent role as backup PF. Hey, he is big.
    I did not like players that were left so I drafted Brown. He is an undercalassman and is rail thin for his position (3) meaning he can play at the 2. He is gifted, but undisciplined. He is a prime candidate for improvement over the years...not typical 2nd rounder. Had Sasser been gone in the rookie, this is who I would have taken.

I think everything I got was probably better than staying pat and having:

Rodney White
    Michael Dickerson
    Lorenzen Wright

(these are who I would have picked if I had kept my original picks)

Forgot roster:

C: Olowokandi/Battie/Haywood/Bowdler
    PF: Martin/Battie/Traylor/Mottola
    SF: Szczerbiak/Lynch/J. Wallace/McLeod/Newman
    SG: Jackson/Turkoglu/Griffin/Brown
    PG: Stockton/Sasser/Douglas

------------------
    Squatting on old bones and excrement and rusty iron, in a white blaze of heat, a panorama of naked idiots stretches to the horizon. Complete silence-their speech centers are destroyed-except for the crackle of sparks and the popping of singed flesh as they apply electrodes up and down the spine. White smoke of burning flesh hangs in the motionless air. A group of children have tied an idiot to a post with barbed wire and built a fire between his legs and stand watching with bestial curiosity as the flames lick his thighs. His flesh jerks in the fire with insect agony.

[This message has been edited by rimbaud (edited July 11, 2001).]

15. rimbaud

rimbaud Member
    Supporting Member

By the way...Sammy, I sure have passed you! At least on talent, my team is now better than yours. [​IMG]

------------------
    Squatting on old bones and excrement and rusty iron, in a white blaze of heat, a panorama of naked idiots stretches to the horizon. Complete silence-their speech centers are destroyed-except for the crackle of sparks and the popping of singed flesh as they apply electrodes up and down the spine. White smoke of burning flesh hangs in the motionless air. A group of children have tied an idiot to a post with barbed wire and built a fire between his legs and stand watching with bestial curiosity as the flames lick his thighs. His flesh jerks in the fire with insect agony.

16. SamCassell

SamCassell Member

You name the date and time rimmy! [​IMG] My team will take yours on in an exhibition game, anytime.

Seriously, though, you've done a great job rebuilding this offseason. I still think I'm better than you at 3 of the 5 starting positions, and Bender's better than any of your stars.

By the way, let me know who you're going to dump from your roster. I'm pretty sure teams can only carry 15 guys - 12 active, 3 on IR. Depending on who you drop, I might give you a future 2nd round pick for somebody, or "future considerations".

------------------
    I'm so amazingly cool you could keep a side of meat in me for a month. I am so hip that I have difficulty seeing over my pelvis.

17. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

New Jersey CriscoNets

draft day acquisition:

Andrew DeClerq(pick 50 something)

This GM's opinion:

Well going in to the draft I wanted either a scoring wing player, a good defensive wing player, or a good pf or c. I considered trading up, but after seeing some of the early draft picks, i decided to wait to see if someone decent would drop to me. After all the good sgs and sfs were taken i began to get a little peeved, and got annoyed with Heath when he took Foster for boville (list my ass [​IMG] ). As Sam well knows, Foster was only performing in the playoffs to impress gm Crisco. However, somehow DeClerq fell to me and I like it. Much more value than i could have gotten by trading that pick. DeClerq is a good backup PF/C that put up good numbers in the time he played. Had DeClerq not been there I would have probably drafted Cato(ugh) or some undrafted rookie.

IMO DeClerq can adequately fill the void left by Googs and White, and my team has no real drop off from last year. CriscoNets are ready to rip up the east.

my team looks something like this now:

Raef/Magloire/DeClerq
    Jamison/Mason/DeClerq
    Pippen/Crawford
    McGrady/Billups/Barry
    Marbury/Pack

oh, and BTW sammy, you can have however many players you want on your roster. No need for waives or anything. [​IMG]

------------------
    .,.·^*'´'|'\..........,.·^*'´¯¯¯'`*^·,...,/|'`*^·-,
    '|.......'|::\......,·'.....,.·:*:·,......'`i:'|.......|
    '|.......'|:::|.....;.......':,:::,:·.......';:|.......|
    '|.......|::;i - ·;i'`:,......¯¯.......,·´|::|.......|
    '|.......'´.......'|'i:::`*:~·.–·~^*'´: :'|::|.......'`*·-,
    '|........,.-:^:':'\:'`:;:: :: : : : :: ::;·'i::/`':^·.,......`'i
    '|..,.:'´:::::::::::'\| '`*^~·:–:·~^*'´..'|/:::::::::'`:^:., |
    '´:;:::::::::;:-·^*'´.....................`'*^·:;-.....:;·'
    ....`·;:·'´........................................'`^·:;·´

18. vj23k

vj23k Member

Minnesota Timberwolves

Draft Day Needs:
    Starting Center, Backup Shooting Guard, Backup Point Guard

Draft Day acquisitions:
    #24-Quentin Richardson
    #26-Arvydas Sabonis
    #55-Maurice Jeffers

GM's Take:
    I think I had a mediocre draft at best. I came in with a pretty large hole at center, and filled it as best I could with old, but somewhat reliable Sabonis. I also needed a good backup guard, and think I acquired it with Richardson. Maurice Jeffers should come in and play some spot minutes, alot like Sam Jacobsen did last season.

Obviously, none of these picks measure up to Dickerson or Kandi, but they are all solid players, who should help me out next season.

Preseason Plans:
    I already have a good idea of what my starters can do, so We will probably see alot of Nesterovic, Jeffers, Patterson, Garrett, Mitchell, and Jacobsen

Season Preview: I, as the GM/Owner/Coach, do expect a slight falloff from last season, mostly because of a slightly-weakened bench. Peterson also will probably not be able to give me the production that Dickerson did. The team can still be a midwest power, but will probably need some molding to do so...

Expected lineup:
    C-Sabonis/Collins
    PF-Brand/Ellis/Patterson
    SF-Rahim/Thomas
    SG-Peterson/Richardson/Jeffers
    PG-Brandon/Jacobsen

------------------
    The title will come to ClutchCity once again.

19. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Golden State Warriors
    Draft Day acquistions

George McCloud (40th overall)

Kelvin Cato (Compensary Selection)

GM's opinion
    Well McCloud seemed the best player availible , Cato was surely a steal as he went undrafted . Cato gives The Warriors a presence under the hoop and another Center for depth . McCloud Is a three point shooting specialist and should give the Warriors some good shooting , McCloud can go off for 30 points on any given night .

Position Breakdown
    Center - Kelvin Cato , Adam Keefe . Cato should get the most time here if no trades are made , Keefe is a solid guy for 10 minutes .

Power Forward - Chirs Porter , Corie Blount , Pig Miller . The start will go to the young Porter who was a star in college then almost went undrafted . Veterans Corie Blount and Anthony Miller will see some time as well .

Small Forward - Dan Langhi , Chris Mills , George McCloud . The Warriors deepest position , The start will suprisingly go to the rising scrub Dan Langhi over Veteran Chris Mills , McCloud will get the start at SG unless a trade is made he will see more time at SF .

Shooting Guard - George McCloud , Paul McPherson , McCloud is the projected starter at least until a trade is made , McPherson showed flashes of good play last year before getting injured Gerald Wallace is a gamble that might pay off.

Point Guard - Jamaal Tinsley , Mookie Blaylock . The Rookie 6'3" guard out of Iowa St. will get the start over veteran Defensman Mookie Blaylock .

Projected Starting Lineup for next season

C- Kelvin Cato Adam Keefe
    PF- Chris Porter Corie Blount/Pig Miller
    SF- Dan Langhi Chris Mills/G.McCloud
    SG- George McCloud G.Wallace/P.McPherson
    PG- Jamaal Tinsley Mookie Blaylock

------------------
    Reactions after The Rockets got Eddie Griffin for 3 draft picks

"Eddie For 3 ... Yes!!! O Mother!!!!!!!"

[This message has been edited by moestavern19 (edited July 11, 2001).]

20. Anticope

Anticope Member

Phoenix Suns

Draft day acquisitions:
    #11-Glen Rice
    #27-Tim Hardaway
    #32-Charles Oakley
    #35-Dan Majerle

GM's take:

I think I may have taken Rice a little high at #11, but I was badly in need of a SF and a scorer and he fits both of those needs. In Hardaway I get a veteran PG and gives me a little depth at that position. In Oakley and Majerle I get 2 solid veterans who can give me a little depth off of my bench.

Projected lineup:

PG - Tim Hardway/Avery Johnson/Tony Parker
    SG - Kendall Gill/Dan Majerle/Vinny Del Negro
    SF - Glen Rice/Michael Curry/David Wingate
    PF - Joe Smith/Charles Oakley/Samaki Walker
    C - Eddy Curry/Iakovos Tsakalidis/Michael Stewart

My problem now is that I have a very old team.

------------------