1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Draft Board

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Greg#3, Jun 25, 2001.

1. Greg#3

Greg#3 Member

These are my top 23 for the Rockets:
    1. PF Kwame Brown
    2. C Eddy Curry
    3. PF Eddie Griffin
    4. SF Pau Gasol
    5. SF Rodney White
    6. C Sagana Diop
    7. SF Shane Battier
    8. SF Joe Johnson
    9. PF Zach Randolph
    10.SG Jason Richardson
    11.SF Gearld Wallace
    12.SF Vladimir Radmanovick
    13.SF Tyson Chandler
    14.PF Michael Bradley
    15.PF Ousmane Cisse
    16.SF Richard Jefferson
    17.SG Gilbert Arenas
    18.SG Joseph Forte
    19.SG Trenton Hassell
    20.PF Troy Murphy
    21. C Jason Collins
    22.SF Kedrick Brown
    23. C Loren Woods

Ideal draft with 3 picks:
    13. Joe Johnson
    18. Zach Randolph
    23. Gilbert Arenas

Francis/Moochie
    Mobely/Arenas
    Johnson/Langhi/Williams
    Taylor/Randolph/Thomas
    Dream/Collier

Not on list: Tinsley, Cook, Haywood, Hunter

------------------
    President of the (the Rockets first pick in the draft) fan club.

2. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Greg, you really think they have Gerald Wallace that high and Tyson Chandler that low? I understand Chandler maybe since he's a high schooler, but I don't know if Gerald's that high on their list. Everything I've heard about the kid is he has no jumpshot to speak of. Why do think they have him that high?

------------------
    "I had mine chewed off by a boss one time." -- Behad leaves us wondering if he gets hazard pay...

3. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

Greg-
    IMHO, you have Battier and Radmanovic too low and Wallace too high. Possibly Woods too low as OP had him in the middle about 2 or 3 weeks ago.

Also IMO, the Rocks are trading up, trading down or just plain trading but you won't see 3 rookies, Langhi & Collier on the roster on opening day.

------------------
    Raef to Rocks in '01-'02!

[This message has been edited by GATER (edited June 25, 2001).]

4. Greg#3

Greg#3 Member

Those are the guys I like based on a combo of size, potential, athleticism, defense, basketball skills, and work ethic. The Rockets don't have Wallace above Chandler more than likely but that's not my call. This is MY list that I would use if I was CD and I'd also like to see other lists.

Dr of Dunk - Wallace and Chandler both have very high potential since they are both great athletes but Chandler needs to add at least 20 lbs. while Wallace has good size already. What seperates these 2 is that Wallace is a "gym rat" which hopefully means that his jump shot will improve and Chandler doesn't work that hard on his game. And if you read the article on Chandler in SI a couple months ago, then you know how screwed up his life really is.

GATER - POTENTIAL is why Battier is at #7. The 6 guys above him all have superstar potential. I've never seen VRad play so I can't really speculate on his talent level. I also hope that the Rockets trade up but I'd rather keep all 3 picks than to trade down since this draft has lots of talent.

------------------

5. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Besides Wallace being too high, the Rockets won't even consider drafting any shooting guard with any pick. Moochie has earned his 20-25 minutes per game, and if you draft an SG or acquire a backup SG you're going to cut his minutes down to about 10. Way too low for someone who makes the impact he does...

------------------
    The Mo Taylor Fan Site

"Basketball players win basketball games. Athletes win track meets."-- Shane Battier

Draftsource.net-- the premier source for draft info. Profiles, rankings, mock drafts, and more!

Cat's Mock Draft

6. Greg#3

Greg#3 Member

When Wallace averages 20ppg in a couple years, I'm going to be LMAO.

------------------

7. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

I'll definitely bet my moniker on that one... [​IMG]

------------------
    The Mo Taylor Fan Site

"Basketball players win basketball games. Athletes win track meets."-- Shane Battier

Draftsource.net-- the premier source for draft info. Profiles, rankings, mock drafts, and more!

Cat's Mock Draft