1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Draft Antics Predictions

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by TheJuice, Jun 22, 2022.

1. TheJuice

TheJuice Member

Unlike the Morey years, we actually have picks and a lot of discourse in the GARM around the draft. That said, there's 29 other teams and I feel like we haven't discussed our predictions for them as much (or at all...).

What are your crazy predictions for tomorrow night? Mine is that Ivey falls past #4. I don't think the Kings will find a good deal for #4 and draft Keegan Murray. I could see Indiana taking him at #6, but maybe Ivey falls as far as to the Wizards (unless the Knicks try to trade up).

bumbum09 likes this.
  2. Jontro

Jontro Member

ivey going to houston at #3

3. YOLO

YOLO Member

huh. what exactly is crazy about that ivey "prediction", especially when he apparently doesn't even want to go there

4. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

OKC/SAC swap picks with OKC taking Ivey and a future Kings pick and Chet going to the Kings.

Also, with the perceived value of long switchable wings, a really good PG or C drops late in the draft and has an immediate impact on a contender next year.

5. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Portland take Shaedon Sharpe at 7 ...for OKC.

Portland receives:
    OKC's 2022 12th pick (Duren/Williams)
    Lu Dort
    Detroit's 2023 1st round (top 18 protected)
    Houston's 2024 1st round (top 4 protected)

OKC receives:
    Shaedon Sharpe

OKC now has a core of Holmgren, Sharpe, SGA, and Giddey. Portland gets front court help with Dort, a replacement for oft-injured fA-to-be Nurkic with Duren or Williams and they stockpile some picks in the event Lillard gets traded next year.

TheJuice likes this.