1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[DPW]Vote for Mario!

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by famicom, Sep 11, 2007.

1. famicom

famicom Member

Let our voting powers combine to get him there!
    Link

2. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Done, but Geather's numbers are better though.

3. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

yeah...thats impressive

4. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

voted for Geathers. you gotta admit that he was awesome last night.

5. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

I voted for Wario!...

6. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

This should go in the hangout...we need more support for Mario.

7. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

link is messed up atm and going to '06 DPOY voting..

8. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

How so? Mario had more sacks and more tackles. Geathers had a forced fumble and interception, while Mario had a fumble recovery and touchdown. Geathers had a good game, but I don't see how his numbers were better than Mario's.

9. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

I'll say this, Mario was somewhat fortunate to get those stats.

He happened to be in the right place at the right time for the fumble recovery. I don't give him much credit for that. But I do give him credit for having the presence of mind to get up and run with it.

The 2nd sack was forced by Kalu. Huard practically threw himself into Mario. I was about to write off the first sack too because it was a similar situation. But Mario was bulling his way through two Cheifs to get into that position so I'll give him credit for that one.

Not hating, just being objective. The Kalu "jumping" sack on the stunt was much more impressive.

10. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

:confused: Mario did an incredible job on the second sack, even moreso than the first. The point of that play wasn't for him to rush the passer. It was for him to tie up the linemen and allow someone else to come in around the edge. That flushed Huard to the inside, and Mario was there waiting. None of it would've been possible if not for Mario's initial burst occupying multiple linemen. That's the problem with evaluating defensive linemen -- a lot of fans only notice when they beat the offensive tackle around the edge, and don't get the subtleties of the position. Mario did a terrific job on that play.

As for right place, right time -- welcome to football. That's how 90 percent of defensive stats are accumulated. Geathers only got his interception after it was tipped and kept alive by multiple players.

11. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

I can't believe that otherwise sane, grown men get so excited that they'll stuff the ballot box in a virtually meaningless poll.

I voted 10 times.

12. ThePrivate

ThePrivate Member

13. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

Wario... ha... i freaking LOVE that nickname.. i hope it sticks..

WARIO WILLIAMS!!

[​IMG]

14. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

Good idea.

15. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Would consider going with the best performance and be objective,
    but since Mario Williams has received hardly none of that from day 1, I'll happily give him a few extra votes. Even if I werent a Texans fan maybe.

This could be the start of good things. We're giving Scola all kindsa love on this board and he hasnt even played a preseason minute for his new team yet. Help a young man gain even confidence here and further help himself, and your team, by getting him into the top 2 or 3 at LEAST! Lets give it a good try, people.

Vote for Wario Milliams :eek:

16. hatemavs4life

hatemavs4life Member

I think one thing that needs to be noted is Mario was pretty much double teamed the WHOLE game! So the mere fact he forcing two blockers to occupy him already makes our D better and yes, consequently the law of averages as you pointed out sometimes he will have better games and yet, not have much to show on the ledger sheet. Most of the time, most stats are based more on good fortune, right place at the right time but, you have to have the skill to duplicate those same opportunities. If Mario continues to wreak havoc in the oppositions backfield, the numbers will continue to come from him either directly or teammates making plays as a result of his efforts.

Overall, Mario was impressive and really charged up the crowd at Reliant. Well done. He's a big reason we won the game so, yeah I voted for him.

17. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

Heard on 790 that Mario won the award...but can't find anything online.

18. texanskan

texanskan Contributing Member

power of clutchfans baby!

19. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

Eh, wish I could help, but it seems the NFL finally deleted my account at NFLmedia.com. That sucks.