1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

DPS

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by skenney1993, Apr 19, 2011.

Tags:
  1. skenney1993

skenney1993 Member

Which DPS location is the quickest? I went to the one off the beltway today and the line was out of door!

Thanks

2. yo

yo Contributing Member

I hear the one in Rosenburg is better than the rest but that is VERY much relatively speaking.

You're better off severing all reliances with your vehicles than subjecting yourself to that hell hole.

3. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

I had to go to the South Houston one three consecutive Thursdays around 5:30 (computers down one week, the didn't tell me all the documentation needed the second week) and it was never that bad. Probably took me 30-40minutes to wait, get my picture taken, and get out the door.

4. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

5. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

you can't always renew online. It sucks. I have to go.

I've had 2 unsuccessful attemps (long lines). I'm not a morning person, but the best thing to do is to get there early, before they open and wait.

My 2 times i got there an hour late (long line) and middle of the afternon (crazy packed).

Jugdish may be onto something, they are open later on thursday...maybe getting there late can work out.

6. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I had to go in January.....the first time I went, I tried the one off of Perry. That one was flat out ridiculous. The next day, I bit the bullet and trekked north all the way to Conroe. I was in and out inside of an hour. It was very pleasant, aside from the fact that I think the old man sitting in front of me pissed himself. Still, the smell was a small price to pay for getting in and out of that hell in a timely manner.

7. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

The one by Greenspoint? Yeah, that one is horrible :(

8. skenney1993

skenney1993 Member

No. Just off the beltway just pass I-10. In west houston

9. dmc89

dmc89 Member

The one in Spring Branch isn't too bad if you get there early. I was in and out in 30 min. Just beware of the ghetto people.

10. Tommyboy

Tommyboy Member

Monroe

There's a DPS office just east of 45S on Monroe. I went there last year during the day and it wasn't bad at all. In and out in 30 mins.

11. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I've been to hell and I spell it...I spell it "DMV". Anyone that's been there knows precisely what I mean.

Stood there and I've waited and choked back the urge to scream. And if I had my druthers, I'd screw a chimpanzee.

Call it pointless.

12. VanityHalfBlack

At a time like this, it's good to have an Ipad, or any of those tablets... This day in age with cellphones that can determine if your drunk or playing a 3D game within the palm of your hand, it's really not that bad to wait in line nowadays...
    Black Friday Lines and Air Jordan lines are far worse than DMV I think, maybe I'm wrong???

13. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Does anyone know why there is no DPS in a convenient location? Why are there not one or more within the loop?

14. Xerobull

Why, yes I do. It was my dissertation topic.

15. Pushkin

Pushkin Member

The last time I had to go in person, I called the location near my house and asked what was the best time to arrive. It worked well: I was in and out inabout 20 minutes. However, that was quite a few years ago. They may not be as polite now.

16. Sajan

Sajan Member

one of the prereqs to working at DPS, airport security, and other low level jobs is ..you have to be an *******.

their mentality is "HAHA..HOW CAN I MAKE YOUR LIFE MISERABLE..I HAVE ALL THIS POWER!"

17. Xerobull

I find that honey works much better than vinegar with people who are used to dealing with stressed out a-holes: government workers, insurance claims adjusters, bill collectors, cops, etc. If you're super sweet, you get farther. My point- if you're nice and call ahead, chances are you will get the inside info just like Pushkin.

18. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

holy crap...are you me?? i did the EXACT same thing yesterday.

ended up driving to Hempstead...30 minute drive...no wait.

19. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

californian???? :confused:

Isn't it "DPS" in Texas, y'all? :(

20. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I've never found that to be the case at the DPS or at airport security, they are douchebags no matter what