1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Downtown Parking for 7/4 Fireworks?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Icehouse, Jul 4, 2022.

1. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

It looks like the city is doing the normal fireworks show this year. Where are the best places to park downtown to watch it? The website says:

“The fireworks show starts sometime around 9:30pm. The best views will be those that have a clear line of site to the skies above Eleanor Tinsely Park and Buffalo Bayou, immediately west of Downtown.”

Thanks!

2. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

PSA:

Don't stop in the middle of the road on I-45 and then get upset when someone rams you from behind at 60mph.

I'm kind of pissing in the wind, though, because I guarantee you 45's going to be blocked off by parked morons thinking it's a great place to watch the fireworks. It happens every f'ing year, and if I could get away with murdering everybody who does it with my bare hands with impunity, I wouldn't think twice and would cackle with glee as the life drained from their eyes.

3. Salvy

Salvy Member

Just park on I-45....

CCorn, Slyonebluejay, Ziggy and 2 others like this.
  4. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

My man is it that crucial? lol

Sajan likes this.
  5. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

watching anywhere on Buffalo Bayou east of Taft will have great views

For paid parking in downtown garages, you will have about a 20 min walk to get west of Sabine (which is beginning of Tinsley Park), but it’s a pleasant walk if you know how to get to the bayou path from Hobby Center. For street parking along buffalo bayou, you’ll be competing with people who are going to picnic for several hours beforehand. Same with neighborhoods in Taft area.

but if I were to try for street parking, I’d park where I park when going to the Cistern meditation on Saturdays — N Memorial Way, close to Houston Ave courthouse. Then take that fairly secret pedestrian bridge over Memorial, which drops you on Sabine St.

there’s not much parking on N Memorial Way itself, but the whole Old 6th Ward is close to that pedestrian bridge, bounded by Memorial, Sawyer, Washington and Houston Ave. Good luck.

Icehouse likes this.
  6. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Yall Katy people don't have your own local fireworks show to go to? We coo inside the loop.

Sajan likes this.