1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Doubters, Please Form a Line To Submit Your Apologies

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DonKnock, Feb 3, 2017.

1. RocketWalta

RocketWalta Member

How dare you publicly shame me! What kind of a fascist thread is this? Next thing we'll see is Clutch branding all of our avatars with a giant "D" watermark. Whether that would stand for "Doubters" or "DonKnock's list of non-conformity" will be up for the community to decide.

;)

I was just pointing out the high number of charges made and received in the game to that point. Every NBA game will be officiated unevenly from time to time and I was attempting to subtly acclimate the game thread participants to this phenomenon through a misguided attempt at humor. In the future, I promise to speak up about the unfair treatment that Trevor Ariza receives when the has the gall to miss shots or get beat by a player who does the same damn thing to defenders every night.

I hope the court considers my past post history and pure motivations when coming to their decision. Please have mercy on my soul...

...Where's the nekkid Cersei emoji?

DonKnock and Os Trigonum like this.
  2. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

@hakeem94 what do you say on RocketWalta's statement?

hakeem94 likes this.
  3. PhiSlammaJamma

I am putting myself in the line of doubters, as I predicted the roster couldn't get more than 42 wins, however, I still do strongly believe that the offense is going to be guarded in the playoffs because the flaw is simple, guard the 3 and let them take 2's. The Rockets will have a hard time adjusting to taking only 2's if a team just gives it to them. The question is will anyone just do that and commit to it.

DonKnock likes this.
  4. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Why aren't teams doing that now?

5. PhiSlammaJamma

Most of the teams don't care and aren't smart enough. It's not the playoffs. But the few who do. They beat us.

6. ARA71197

ARA71197 Member

I'm excited and confused. Someone please explain what this means!

DonKnock likes this.
  7. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

it means star or at least near star acquisition like millsap or ibaka

DonKnock likes this.
  8. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

well the statement begun in very harsh tone , particularly considering the gravity of his transgression against the holy nation of the rockets and players who sweat, bleed and take charges punches and bruises on the floor, particularly frontcourt players being posterized nights in and nights out , but then he goes on on a long and very sincere and hearthtouching tirade offering the humblest of the apologies that would be shame to go unnoticed and unaccepted by the doubt police commisioner, particularly having in mind this is the first of his transgressions recorded by this honorably body. So I say all is well now. May the Beards blessings be upon him and his family and his buddies rockets fans.
    [​IMG]

#128 hakeem94, Feb 11, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2017
    DonKnock and Tha_Dude like this.
  9. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

If @DonKnock is the police commissioner and if @Batman Jones is Batman, I like our chances.

DonKnock and hakeem94 like this.
  10. bobrek

So there is a 'proven' way to beat the Rockets 100% of the time and teams don't care enough to try and aren't smart enough to scout other teams to emulate the 100% of the times they have employed the strategy to beat the Rockets? I assume the Warriors and Spurs care enough and are smart enough, yet Houston has beaten both of them.

11. Rockets4Life13

Cmon dude if you follow me a bit, u know that im usually not a doubter. :D you have to admit that i had a point (short rotation with gordon and nene out + they looked gassed at halftime). But whatever I'll take being wrong if that means that the Rockets win :D

DonKnock and hakeem94 like this.
  12. PhiSlammaJamma

Yes sir. You get it.

DonKnock likes this.
  13. bobrek

Apparently I don't. I am confused as to how the Rockets have won more than 10 games since teams should have figured out their playing style by then.

14. PhiSlammaJamma

Because we have Harden. It's not Rocket Science. He's the MVP for sake.

DonKnock likes this.
  15. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

The homie Os gave you doubters a pass tonight.

Don't get to thinking this pass extends past tonight though[​IMG]

16. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

[Week Late, But] Thats as BLATANT a LIE as Ive ever seen on this site. It said NOTHING about guaranteeing losing lol :p

This thread basically is:
    "I'ma BLIND TUNNEL VISION supporter who will NEVER say a single bad word about what I support."

Which is actually DELUSIONAL, a mental SYNDROME. And youve REMOVED ALL CONTEXT, all grey area middle ground, and made it Black & White issue.

The act of not saying a bad word does NOT make YOU any better a die-hard fan in the "fan loyalty gets you to heaven" contest. And a bad word does NOT necessarily make others a WORSE fan either. Yeah this thread isnt a big a deal its humorous kinda. But its just how this is taking freedom to slander people's names. There's no way you can do that and NOT TAKE any hits BACK. Its only fair

17. alethios

alethios Member

The doubters numbers are thinning compared to last year.

DonKnock likes this.
  18. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Too much doubt, didn't read

hakeem94 likes this.
  19. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

The people he's calling out are mostly the game thread folks who give up on the team before the game is over. He's not attacking constructive criticisms or anything like that, man. He's calling out the knee jerk/hot take portion of the fanbase.

DonKnock likes this.
  20. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

How do you know that this has been dantoni's plan all along is to get the whole league to get used to defending the rockets making threes all season long then secretly practice making twos and completely switch it up in the playofffs? To 2's only?

hakeem94 likes this.