1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Double Point in Houston?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Knightrogen, Oct 27, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Knightrogen

Knightrogen Member

Coach McHale has played double point last year when Martin got hurt and now with Harden, star combo guard, on board. Can Houston finally run double point guard scheme now? That's how he is going to coexist with Jeremy. Great complementary to each other. Call it now...

2. Horry4theWin

Horry4theWin Member

Yes, Lin is more than capable of sharing the ball and playing off the wing. He did that at Harvard, but of course Lin needs to be able to get his jump shot down for it to work effectively.

3. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Harden is pretty well a 2-guard.

Good passer for a 2 mind you - but a 2-guard nonetheless.

4. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Double Penetration!

5. Knightrogen

Knightrogen Member

It all depends how you define position and it all varies. Harden does good off ball but he can excel with ball pick and roll. That to me with ball offense is Point Guard for him. He is a perfect combo guard IMO.

6. Knightrogen

Knightrogen Member

What position Lin played at Harvard again? SG?

7. Rox_Mayhem

Rox_Mayhem Member

Never been so exited!!!

8. Horry4theWin

Horry4theWin Member

Yes. Lin was a PG in high school. Then he was more of a combo guard at Harvard based on team needs.

9. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Triple point

10. Knightrogen

Knightrogen Member

This could be scary. lin and Matin never blend together. All Lin does this preseason is go to frontcourt and give the ball to Martin and Martin can not do much with ball. Lin and Harden all demand the ball but they could be complement together, taking ball pressure of each other. If they continue to double Lin like they did preseason, Harden is going to make them pay. Martin can not do that. But Harden can.

11. Second_Cousin

Second_Cousin Member

Can't agree more. Harden loves to drive left, Lin loves to drive right. Defenses good luck.

Lin knew there must have been a reason why God sent him to Houston. This is the reason.

12. Horry4theWin

Horry4theWin Member

Ya I think it's potentially scary but I'm still waiting to see, like everybody else, if Lin can get that jumper down consistently. I suspect a lot more open J's for everyone as teams will close the paint on him, as they've already been doing but now with Harden it's going to be even more deadly.

I still think it's going to be a work in progress. Lin still needs to show that if he's going to drive and draw a crowd of defenders, he's going able to still complete some of those difficult passes especially when he decides to go up in the air. This was a problem he said he had coming into the NBA. That Magic game showed a little promise, but then again that's against the Magic.

13. Second_Cousin

Second_Cousin Member

Lin can now relax a bit more, and I think that will improve his game, and revert him back to his old form. Everyone thinks that Lin is a great teammate and is very easy to play with. I see no trouble with their chemistry on the court. Kmart can create his own shot, so for Lin to defer to him would not have worked. Lin and Harden can both create their own shots and more so now as Lin will no longer be double teamed.

14. Knightrogen

Knightrogen Member

They can still double Lin and rotate around pick and roll, right?

I know it is all X and O. But can you elaborate more?

15. OremLK

OremLK Member

This, Harden could maybe play point guard in a pinch , but he's not a true combo guard. He's more like Manu.

16. pnr

pnr Member

Anyone worried a little as they're both ball dominant? I really hope Lin becomes a better spot up shooter. He has not really shown that in preseason. Let's hope he gets it together.

17. ed_tx

ed_tx Contributing Member

So here's hoping that Lin will pray for God to send one more superstar to the Rockets this season!

18. Knightrogen

Knightrogen Member

That's why Manu is off the bench. And that's the same reason Harden came off the bench for Westbrook. Because they are all ball demanding. We don't know how this would work out for Harden and Lin yet. But this is an idea.

19. FatChad

FatChad Rookie

hahahhahahahahahahahaha