1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Doris Burke

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Zboy, Nov 23, 2019.

1. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

REALLY? Because when I was growing up in rural NW Harris county we were taught to be especially careful in the woods at night due to this so-called "outlier" having their rallies and cross-burnings.

don grahamleone likes this.
  2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Let's also not ignore the fact that the KKK was deeply imbedded in rural and surburba law enforcement departments. The kkk ran small towns.

3. alethios

alethios Member

Doris knew like everyone else that the league already promised the chip to the Lakers.

Fantasma Negro likes this.
  4. OkayAyeReloaded

Supporting Member

Wrong thread, moving

5. raining threes

How old are you?

Because that stuff isn't going on now in NE Harris County.

6. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

Sometimes you listen to ESPN radio on the drive home... and realize it is Doris Burke

luckyman76, HP3 and Nook like this.
  7. s3ts

s3ts Member

I don't give a **** what you think, keep telling everyone you think Harden should move his feet more.

8. fchowd0311

Ya he should.

9. s3ts

s3ts Member

See? Who's pathetic?

I've said enough to you about why "move your feet" belongs in JV game shouts by half-drunk dads, not Harden. For you to not budge this stupid idea is the simple choice to stay ignorant.

10. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

DD's fav shirt

[​IMG]

11. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Are you president of the united states yet? Or did you at least win your election? This nation needs a lot, but moving forward seems to be step one.

lnchan likes this.
  12. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

I got beat as bad as James Harden in an elimination game. :/

Oh well... probably best I don't need to deal with the stress of this election season in particular.

Scarface and don grahamleone like this.
  13. SORF

SORF Member

When we moved into the North Spring suburbs of Houston in 1985, the KKK had a mobile Bookmobile that they parked occasionally along I-45 just north of FM1960. They would have a man standing along the interstate with their white cape and hood next to the Bookmobile. I had never seen a KKK member until then. Yes, they were around in the NW area.

14. raining threes

1985?

When is the last time you've heard or seen this in NE Harris County?

15. fchowd0311

Modern white supremacy avoids overt racism. They attempt to be coy.

16. raining threes

In others words there has been none of the KKK type rally's in NE Harris County.

You're right though and what you need to admit is there's been enough racism on both sides of this issue to last a lifetime. I serve Section 8 housing and there's nothing more racist than a black woman towards a white woman with a black man.

17. fchowd0311

Does Black racism effect socioeconomic conditions that lead to this:
    https://www.taxpolicycenter.org/fiscal-fact/median-value-wealth-race-ff03112019

Modern white supremacists play these stupid games were they pretend that a group of humans who have been oppressed for 400 years due to the color of their skin from slavery to Jim Crow that created that 1000% wealth gap between the median white household and median black household wouldn't generate a culture of animosity.

White supremacy is a hateful action derived from a sense of superiority. The black community being frustrated and angry towards the white community is derived from being oppressed. They come from different places and white supremacists such as yourself try to play these stupid coy games pretending they come from the same place and that animosity wouldn't naturally form from the way that African Americans have been treated for the past multiple centuries.

18. raining threes

You would have to ask those black business owners who had their businesses destroyed how they feel about this.

Are you saying some black people aren't racist? Just like some white people aren't racist?

I've come from the same place (Very Poor) Your post seems to be more about whining than offering up a reasonable solution for both sides. I just noticed you called me a white suprematist, LMAO you obviously dont know me and your mind is made up. You can continue on with your whining. I'm done with you on this subject. Keep your eyes closed as to what the real issues are in the black community and just blame all of the black communities problems on Whitey. Brilliant stuff right here.

#438 raining threes, Oct 8, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2020
  19. fchowd0311

The real issue in the black community is that they were removed from being property owners during the largest middle class wealth grab in American history when right after WW2 cheap mortgages were handed out to white blue collar workers with just a high school degree like candy during the master planned housing boom era while black families were denied those same mortgages because of abject racism resulting in the modern era of middle class white families who are mostly homeowners while the vast majority of black America don't own property and pay rent their entire lives which resulted in the modern 1000% wealth gap between the median white family and median black family.

If you think that won't naturally cause animosity, you are either naive or a white supremacist. There are no other avenues here.

Please point to a society that has a 1000% wealth gap between median families purely dependent on race that doesn't generate animosity and sporadic riots.

Stop pretending you care about black businesses. You shrug off a 1000% wealth difference between the median white family and median black family as if that won't naturally cause animosity.

#439 fchowd0311, Oct 8, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2020
  20. raining threes

Look we are never going to agree, but think about why this happened and dont look through the prism of race. Also there have been attempts to rectify this. Affirmative Action, Low interest minority loans, practically living in rent free houses etc....

Like I asked and will ask again what would you do to rectify this situation? All of what you posted doesn't matter. Only fixing your perceived wrong should be what matters to you. But obviously this doesn't look to be the case.