1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Are the Pelicans toast? We're watching Thunder at Pelicans -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Doris Burke

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Zboy, Nov 23, 2019.

1. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Do I have too many posts? Just an FYI i have posted on here while outside before im sure.

don grahamleone and fchowd0311 like this.
  2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I just ignore people like that now. They aren't worth engaging with.

B-Bob likes this.
  3. s3ts

s3ts Member

Sorry, you didn't ask it. You stated outright -- that what she says doesn't matter in terms of the Rockets winning a championship.

I think this is definitely disputable to a certain extent. I won't chase this argument because I don't see you changing your mind on this when the evidence is somewhat circumstantial. Even when the evidence for Doris being biased was clear here, you were absolutely hesitant to admit it.

I can bring up numerous cases where the media is behind a lot of these perfect little stories which makes up MVP awards, etc., but you clearly won't care until someone else says it.

Fine, we can cut it here.

4. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I outright said she is biased against some of the stuff Harden does. No hesitation, I said it from the beginning without requiring your evidence.

You should consider not trying to make everything so personal. As you indicated earlier, you are posting for leisure here, and that's good. You know very well this stuff isn't that important. Racism and sexism in society, especially how they can proliferate over the internet, are important issues. Whether Doris Burke is sufficiently nice to our players, in comparison, is not. Keep that perspective in mind.

SamFisher likes this.
  5. raining threes

No problem

This will be my last post on this subject to you.

But it does deserve a response because sometimes the truth is unpleasant

6. raining threes

Share with us where legal slavery exists?

7. durvasa

"If white people were truly racist slavery would still be in America."

The KKK came into existence after chattel slavery was abolished. You want to argue that white Klansmen are not truly racist?

8. homewight

homewight Contributing Member

Comment was directed at someone else, my man.

9. raining threes

The KKK is an insignificant minority. A despicable outlier.

The majority of people it all races aren't racist. The racists of all colors are who get the attention though.

10. durvasa

But the KKK were not an insignificant minority 100 years ago, after slavery was abolished. So your argument that abolished slavery implies racism isn't an issue is clearly flawed, just on those grounds.

11. raining threes

There's slavery which is true racism, then there's KKK racism, then there's today's type racism like what we're seeing on both sides of this issue today.

These are totally different things.

12. durvasa

Oof ...

Nook and raining threes like this.
  13. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves

Invisible Fan, B-Bob, Nook and 3 others like this.
  14. s3ts

s3ts Member

I have no idea how you can be dismissive like this... No, I ****ing disputed your statement, I'm agreeing NOT to follow up on it because I'm giving up based on your clear ignorance. You're NOT an open-minded person, this is WHY I'm not going to chase it, not because I don't think it's worthwhile.

Secondly, you also went as far to protect Doris by saying she's only pointing out specific things that she doesn't like to see from Harden.

I've pointed out numerous times that Chris Paul does the exact same thing and Doris is always complementing Chris Paul.

The point is Doris isn't just biased against Harden's behaviors, she's definitely biased against Harden and the Rockets. You decided to still disagree with this point, and, again, just now, you're hesitant to admit this because you think she's somehow also in love with Harden the same way as she's in love with Chris Paul.

The evidence for her loving Chris Paul over James Harden is everywhere and obvious. You're harping entirely on my laziness to come up w/ all of the clips as evidence.

At the end of the day, you definitely are ignorant, and you'll protect Doris over Harden. I have no ****ing clue why you bring up sexism and racism here as a final point. I'm not even going to dignify that, as that was NEVER part of my analysis of Doris from the get-go.

15. durvasa

"Definitely" is a strong word. Not something an open-minded person would say, IMO.

On this very crucial matter of whether Burke hates Harden and the Rockets, I remain agnostic. I've stated my reasons why. You are unconvinced by them, as I am unconvinced by your position. If you want to assert that is close-mindedness on my part, fine. You can at least be happy that most of the people on this forum agree with you.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  16. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

Why does Doris Burke refer to the Lakers in first person plural...?

17. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

The hell happened in this thread?

#417 napalm06, Oct 6, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2020
    J Sizzle likes this.
  18. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

Sometimes... it is best not to know.

19. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

You sound kinda pathetic here.

20. Nook

Nook Member

Who gives a **** what Doris Burke thinks.

The NBA season ended weeks ago anyway, I am not sure why anyone is even discussing the Lakers of the 100 people that are actually still paying attention or excited about the bubble and the 2020 "Champion"