1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Doris Burke

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Zboy, Nov 23, 2019.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

This isn't changing the topic. I'm discussing a systemic trait of Harden where he relies too much on the refs in late game situations rather than just playing ball. It's very easy to deny Harden the ball in late game situations and that's a problem when he's easily our best shot creater and maker. It results in many unnecessary turnovers and players lile RoCo handling the ball in late game situations.

bj3175 likes this.
  2. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

[​IMG]

fchowd0311 likes this.
  3. s3ts

s3ts Member

Where's Doris on this, then?

Ah, right, this is the part you're not comfortable discussing because you think I might be a misogynist.

D-rock likes this.
  4. D-rock

D-rock Member

You are wrong, per usual.

You love to disparage Trump but you use his exact same methods.

You try to will your lies into facts.

Smaller guards always grab Harden, pull him in then flop.

s3ts likes this.
  5. fchowd0311

I mean so many announcers have discussed their distaste of Harden's plsystyle but it's Doris who has a 18 page thread full of misogynistic tropes.

6. fchowd0311

Dude this routinely happens to Harden because he allows it to happen. He doesn't move his feet and stays still on inbound passes trying to play shoving matches with defenders trying to bait them into a foul. He just needs to move his feet, use some juke moves and get the **** open.

bj3175 likes this.
  7. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

LOL, no. There's nothing wrong with criticizing an analyst for only pointing out when one player foul baits but not another. That's fair evidence for personal bias. The argument is strengthened with the more examples of this that you can find.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  8. D-rock

D-rock Member

So you believe all these players are all complicit for the flops by CP3 too?

Are you really this naive?

Where is your righteous condemnation for these players?

s3ts likes this.
  9. bj3175

bj3175 Member

Its a joke and this gets old. The truth of the matter its him and Eric Gordon and P.j Tucker those three scare me in late inbound situations

fchowd0311 likes this.
  10. fchowd0311

Dude why can't you admit Harden needs to move his feet more on inbound plays to free himself instead of settling for those shoving matches?

11. D-rock

D-rock Member

Do you ever talk basketball?

Are you still trying to run me off CF, maybe you should try another poll.

Even your girlfriend has given up.

12. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

You really expect me to review each play and comment? I'm talking about a specific type of play where the offense player could have reacted differently. If you can react differently but instead allow yourself to be instigated into a shoving match on an inbounds play, I don't think that's particularly smart. Whether it's Harden or anyone else.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  13. D-rock

D-rock Member

I think Harden knows more about basketball than you do.

He is only one of the historically greatest scorers to ever play.

This not about Harden, this about your anti-Harden bias.

You are throwing anything you can against the wall hoping something will stick.

How many different iterations of your false argument have you put forth, spamming every thread you can, I have honestly lost count.

LOL

14. D-rock

D-rock Member

You are missing your own point.

It is not MY point that Harden was mutually responsible for a foul that he was not called on.

The ref AND Steve Javie confirmed the foul was on CP3.

This is an incontrovertible FACT no matter how much you and fchowd want to spin it.

It is YOUR contention that Harden is responsible for these fouls, not me.

s3ts likes this.
  15. fchowd0311

You are irrational. Your argulr is essentially "Harden knows more about basketball". You basically created an argument where it is impossible to criticize players. Every ****ing human in the league fr the coaching staffs to the players "know" basketball more than me. If I knew more about basketball than NBA coaching staffs I would be in the league in some form. That's a very reductive argument that pretty much can be applied to any option expressed by fans.

16. s3ts

s3ts Member

This is just the shortfall of the coaching staff. Not to say they don't make mistakes, it's just that I'd blame a lot more of this on coaching than the players for not having this covered properly out of a timeout.

It usually happens with coaches that give players more freedom, and obviously MDA is one of those types.

17. D-rock

D-rock Member

Was it a foul on Harden?

Yes or No?

You are the one trying to create a BS narrative based on your opinions.

Your opinion is supremely biased when it comes to Harden.

FACT.

s3ts likes this.
  18. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

@D-rock

fchowd0311 likes this.
  19. fchowd0311

Dude no one is saying CP3 didn't foul Harden. Both were in a shoving match holding each other.

And really Steve Javie? These former refs in broadcasts always side with the refs on calls. But anyways even if we adhere to Javie he states that both were commiting fouls.

My entire point is why does Harden have to place himself in position where he always has these shoving matches on inbound plays where opposing teams can do things like flop such as Smart? Why not run to free himself? Two following possessions the Rockets ****ed up because of Harden's inability to move. The first one we turned over the ball because Harden presented less options for the inbound passer because he was stationary and then in the last possession in regulation, Harden gave up on trying to get open which resulted in someone we don't want handling the ball in those situations with RoCo who missed a free throw that led to overtime.

20. D-rock

D-rock Member

You calling me a misogynist?

You better prove your **** a-wipe.

KingCheetah and s3ts like this.