1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Doris Burke: Rockets will never be on my top tier

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets13champs, Mar 9, 2020.

1. HP3

HP3 Member

Ehhhhh, thats not really true, if you ever listen to them call one of our games, you very clearly see them rooting for the other team.

D-rock, Tfor3 and hakeem94 like this.
  2. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

in the actual game broadcasts we could say that bias is subtle, like in hubie's case his tone of voice and enthusiasm for the opponent vs when the rockets make a good play. but what has not been ambiguous is boris going out of his way to point out what he perceives harden getting away with, ie. offensive fouls etc. even when there is no call made, boris makes a point to go back to previous possessions with video replay to claim "this is not right". and he does this for no other player in the league. in the past he has been behind some of the bullshhit narratives the float around against harden

based on this segment and the word "never", imo morey or tilman should go on public record saying boris should never work another rockets game again.

slothy420, Zboy and Tfor3 like this.
  3. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

[​IMG]

DeBeards, Zboy, Tfor3 and 1 other person like this.
  4. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

I'm sure there are subtle differences/preferences in how Hubie/Doris/JVG calls the game due to certain players or teams, but I doubt any of them are actively rooting against certain teams/players but are rather simply trying to do their jobs to the best of their abilities. These national broadcasters are all veterans of the game, with decades of experience in the game with different teams and companies, I have trouble believing they care enough to root against the certain teams or players while at the same time working the game.

Do they each as individuals have certain pet peeves, opinions, rants, views they share, I'm sure they do... Bias and personal preferences in playstyles, peronalities, teams and individuals, of course... But IMO they don't let that get in the way of being a professional or of doing their jobs.

Of course YMMV

OvenToasted likes this.
  5. BigBum

BigBum Member

Doris forgot that Morey is the best trader in the nba. He has 2022 first round pick and 2023 swap to use in summer.

6. SunsRocketsfan

who cars about doris burke but she's alright right.. Previous years we (including everyone else in the league) was clearly a tier behind Golden State. This year we are clearly a tier below the Lakers, Bucks and Clippers.

7. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

the prosecution (of the media prostitution) rests its case:

8. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

You've convinced me... Mike Breen is a Rockets HATER!!! You can hear it in his voice! =P

9. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

after that game, harden started getting called for bs offensive fouls in each of the next few games. lebron uses his off arm to straight arm ward away the defender every time he spins baseline. giannis does the same thing literally a dozen times per game. even the defender in question in this play, kawhi, momentarily hooks defenders the same way as harden. boris is not going back and pulling up replay for those guys. coupled with his voting record for mvp, the bias is undeniable. he's got never-harden flowing through his veins

Zboy and Tfor3 like this.
  10. HP3

HP3 Member

Have listened to Dorris call a Rockets game recently??? Like what.

11. jowman

jowman Member

Stfu

Tfor3 likes this.
  12. realonemo

realonemo Member

Just another one of Lebron's media herbs.

13. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

lol @ Boris thinking she is relavant.

[​IMG]

D-rock, DeBeards and Tfor3 like this.
  14. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

I respect your opinion, I just don't share it.

pippendagimp likes this.
  15. JackLordsHair66

In this case she’s wasn’t exactly wrong in what she said other than, as other have pointers out, using the word never. Just adds fuel to the fact that she normally allows bias to enter into her broadcasts when she is calling Rockets games, it’s almost always there in some subtle respect regardless of who we are playing. Not hard to discern she isn’t a big fan of Hardens. She is right though we aren’t in those top 3 teams tier, may not even belong in the next tier down despite being 4th best odds to win a ship’ until recent skid. I just can’t stand her personally.

16. JackLordsHair66

This game the bias was disgustingly obvious with both of them, and you are right the uptick in offensive calls against Harden was very noticeable after that.

Tfor3 and pippendagimp like this.
  17. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

She said the Rockets never have and never will be in her top 2 tier. Apologize for her if you want but she’s a flat out ******* in this household.

18. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Doris no one gives a damn what you think. Now go make me a sandwich.

19. Purvis2Short

Purvis2Short Member

Who gives a ****? Doris Burke need to be a WNBA commentator not NBA.

Bearded13 likes this.
  20. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

For this season only. Her comment had nothing to do with the 2017-2018 Rockets that won 65 games. It was referring to this Rockets’ team. She spent the entire segment saying she viewed the Lakers, Clippers and Bucks as the three best teams in the NBA entering this season. Then, she said the Rockets have yet to make the top tier and will never make the top tier.

I’m not apologizing for her, nor did she say anything that she should apologize for. If you want to say Doris Burke displays bias against the Rockets on ESPN broadcasts, I’ll stand right there with you in agreement. I don’t like her covering Rockets’ games either, and the same thing applies to Hubie Brown. In this instance, I think people are reading far more into her comments than she intended.

#60 DVauthrin, Mar 9, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2020