1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dontatas (D-Mo) Motiejunas

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by csc177, Jul 11, 2013.

1. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

That is by far the most former Soviet Bloc work out imaginable. The only way that photo could be more eastern european is if they were all smoking while doing it.

2. Mirri3000

Mirri3000 Member

I love how when they compare him to Dirk (which is stupid, their games cannot be any further from each other), the first thing they talk about is D-Mo's terrible defense.... When Dirk is one of the worst defenders in the league... Seriously, Howard will mask his deficiencies (just like Yao did for Scola), but 220 was too low, and 260 is too high, he needs to be profiled exactly like Garnett, and learn the NBA, he'll be fine next year. Honestly, there are probably 3 PF's in the Entire NBA that are two-way players, Duncan, Gasol and Garnett, maybe Monroe and Horford if you call them PF, that's it ladies. Bosh, Love, Aldrige, Dirk, Boozer, Lee, Smith, Faried, Landry, Scola, Griffin, Davis (one day), Anderson, Bargnani, Martin, Jefferson, Milsap..... All 1 way players, if DMo got some D, he vaults to top 4 at his position.... It's not expected, two-way stud bigs are AS RARE AS THEY COME!

3. Mirri3000

Mirri3000 Member

I left out Z-Bo and maybe a few others in the far reaches of the black hole clubs, but you get the point. If you actually watch more than just the Rockets, and paid attention, you would find many PF's not on an AllStar roster averaging like 18-8 or 20-10, because most PF's do not and can not play defense, or can't score. Some can't do either. Consistent play time and proper strength management (not weight) is all he needs, he is young, and big, most young bigs take time to develop.

4. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

I do like the defensive potential of having two (near) seven footers in the starting five. Too bad D-Mo needs a lot of work defensively. Hopefully he works on his lateral quickness.

Howard - 6' 11"
    D-Mo - 7'
    Parsons - 6' 9"
    Harden - 6' 5"
    Lin - 6' 3"

With another seven footer off the bench.

5. Normalus

Normalus Member

I thought before it's nice and shiny you must to do some sort of building process. You turned the whole world u&d for me now.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. hltiki

hltiki Member

Although I disagree with the inherent assumption that D-MO’s offense is already top/elite amongst the 4 spot, I truly do see the potential for him to be top 5 PF in the future; I’d say give him 2 years… . Yea, I said it. Even if he works on his defense, he has to be a better shooter, both 3 and midrange. LMA and 2Pat’s midrange was money, and if D-Mo, who IMO is already showing signs of a great post player can develop that shot alongside D12, then god damnit, he will be a star! I JUST KNOW IT!

DMO runs better than many at his position and better than many this height, but it’s his post moves though that I think he should hone and make his own. He’s so skinny and lanky, he gets pushed around on the block quite often, and yet he uses his agility, height and length, and footwork to get things done. You guys wanna talk about a big man who can learn with Mchale and Dream? Well DMO is your man!!!!

1 person likes this.
  7. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>I can feel how my body is getting stronger my power and speed are coming back ! Incredible !</p>&mdash; Donatas Motiejunas (@DonatasMot) <a href="https://twitter.com/DonatasMot/statuses/357750926104207360">July 18, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

8. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Coming back? When did he have this power/speed and why did it go away?

I got to say, D-Mo looked skinnier when he joined the Rockets than he did before.

9. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

Great post, I think Dmo really has a chance to be a star.

10. LAC

LAC Member

Skinny? Asik is listed at 255 while D-Mo weights 260 pounds.

11. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

[​IMG]

12. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

I wonder why Morey didn't mention wanting Hakeem to work with D-mo along with Dwight & Asik. It seems that he would benefit from the training the same, more than anyone on the Rockets roster.

13. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

i only see D-mo is the one to maximize his skill training with hakeem

his movement and quickness is rare for a 7footer

14. thedude077

thedude077 Member

D-Mo is Ryan Anderson with a better post moves.

15. Raven

Raven Member

D-Mo needs to stop growing and start showing.

16. clubberclyde

clubberclyde Member

Dmo will start at PF for the rockets book it.

17. BE4RD

BE4RD Member

He'll make nice trade bait if he shows out in limited minutes this year.

18. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Between Motiejunas and Jones, I think the 4 spot is pretty well opened up. If you consider that small ball and uh...well...big ball? (Asik+Howard on the floor) will probably eat up a few minutes per game...and with Greg Smith likely to be in the mix as well each player could reasonably see about 12-15 minutes a game if not a few more for whoever is hot that night. I believe opening up the competition will bring us 2 guys that are going to try to out hustle the other and it's only going to lead to W's for this team.

I'm actually pretty good with the roster as it sets. I have no doubts that further tweaks are coming but on paper it seems well-rounded.

19. ivenovember

ivenovember Member

D-Mo replied to someone today confirming he is 260 pounds:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/SportsDean">@SportsDean</a> 260</p>&mdash; Donatas Motiejunas (@DonatasMot) <a href="https://twitter.com/DonatasMot/statuses/357753187479986177">July 18, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

20. Zergling

Zergling Member

Anyone know why D-Mo wasn't on our summer league roster? Injured? Nothing to prove?