1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dontatas (D-Mo) Motiejunas

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by csc177, Jul 11, 2013.

1. allaroundplayer

Yeah, why not allow a player to get accustomed to the physical style by playing time?????????

If he only plays limited games, you shouldn't immediately decide he is over matched physically & needs to put on a lot of weight. Of course, that is what it is going to look like for a certain time frame because it is a new league for him.

Dirk weighs 245, Durant only 235. Anthony Davis 220.

Of course, you want to get stronger, but without adding much weight.

He is almost 260?????????

That is too heavy, because he will lose his speed and quickness & won't be as good at the pick and roll either.

2. BuffaloRockets

Terrence Jones edges D-Mo out in

PER
    Offensive Rebounding Rate
    Defensive Rebounding Rate
    Total Rebounding Rate (Obviously)
    Efficiency
    Win Shares
    Turnover rate (Lower Obviously)
    Assit Rate

I would say that he was obviously the better player last year.

3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Very small sample size for both rookies.

4. Ultramagnus

Ultramagnus Rookie

Any news on DMo?

I hear his fellow Lithuanian Jonas Valanciunas has shown signs of vast improvement in the summer league. Has gotten bigger, plays more like a legit big man overall.

I wonder what's new and improved with DMo...

5. Ultramagnus

Ultramagnus Rookie

Another thing:

Isn't DMo going to get a chance to work with The Dream?

Among all the Rockets bigs, he's the most agile and the one most likely to pick up great things from Hakeem's mentoring.

6. Pragmatician

Pragmatician Member

All of those numbers can't gauge a guy's potential. D-Mo is an extremely athletic 7-footer who runs the floor like a 6-footer. Terrence Jones is a 6'9" Power Forward who doesn't have those abilities.

Not at all saying TJones is a bad player. I'm glad we have him. I'm just saying - all those facts being what they are - I'd rather have D-Mo...if I absolutely had to choose.

7. 4TT1L4

4TT1L4 Member

National team training camp has just started [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  8. omgTHEpotential

D-Mo getting in shape

[​IMG]

9. ejarts

ejarts Member

also took dirk years to develop. patience is needed for dmo

10. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

This.

11. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

If Dream ever gets to see him play, he'll want to teach him too

12. RoxDaBeard

RoxDaBeard Member

Now isnt this a bit ironic. Way to go DMo looks like you're gonna eat your words.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ui5qthxTVvw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

13. RoxDaBeard

RoxDaBeard Member

14. conquistador#11

demo is transforming into a beast. almost looks as big as the jonas brother. please don't just have him at the three point line.

15. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

VERY good point...I never even thought about it.

I think Dmo has plenty of Post moves and skill...but Morey himself said that his problem is having TOO MANY moves. He needs to get it down to a couple of go to moves and counters.

Hakeem had this, and can really guide him.

With Howard Dmos defensive deficiencies will not be as big of a deal.

16. mylilpony

mylilpony Member

now if he can say "If Lebron can catch me" next.

17. Ben.hardy25

Ben.hardy25 Member

I think a better comparison for d mo is pau gasol. If e actually had bulked up then he has pretty identical frame as pau and plays a lot like him. The only difference in play styles is d mo is a lefty and can stretch to three instea f just mid range. There is still a ton of developing for him to do to become a pau caliber player, but their play styles are very similar. Both can post up, both can pass very well, and both can shoot.

The other comparison I see is a 7 foot scola. I think that is the most accurate and reasonable. If d mo can continue to improve his all around game, I see him playing exactly like scola just stretching out to three. Their post moves are even very similar. Both have a lot of pump fakes and spins in their post game, both go to the baby hook or pump and spin the opposite way. I think given time, d mo could be a very solid nba player I just don't see all star potential in him. We would have seen more from him last year if e really had star potential. Ok a huge d mo fan and hoping for the best. Which I think is a poor mans pau or a seven foot scola. Both are very accurate in my eyes. Dirk is just a little ridiculous and play styles don't match up at all other than being white, foreign, and can shoot threes.

1 person likes this.
  18. bumbum09

bumbum09 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Great post! Keep posting!

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He is going to be featured in Transformers.... way to go Donuts

20. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p>Looks like <a href="https://twitter.com/DonatasMot">@DonatasMot</a> is training hard with the Lithuanian National Team (photo via krepsiniosirdis.lt). <a href="http://t.co/lxQCesycb6">pic.twitter.com/lxQCesycb6</a></p>&mdash; ClutchFans (@clutchfans) <a href="https://twitter.com/clutchfans/statuses/357599446269325312">July 17, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>