1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dontatas (D-Mo) Motiejunas

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by csc177, Jul 11, 2013.

1. Summer Song Giver

Unlike most of the posters, I hope DMO can be patient and find his niche with this team, he is too naturally gifted, skilled and apprently hard working to not turn into a fine NBA player.

I think it is not too far of a stretch to say that if this team was of the mindset to throw DMO the ball in the post last year he could have come very close to matching what Dirk did in his rookie season but that would not have been prudent for a team trying to make the playoffs. On a bad team where rookies are thrown to the wolves DMO would have put up better stats than he did. The Rockets were patient with him and I hope he too can be patient because I believe he can be the player we need alongside Dwight, sooner rather than later.

Also to the BBS posters, why so quickly fall into the TJones vs. DMO camp when we have both locked up for the foreseeable future. Their games are very different and they can eahc play a different role for the team that will help the team win. I think for the life of their rookie deals at least, they can coexist and BOTH can help the Rockets win.

Lastly, I hope we get to see how this team grows together and all that stands between today and "complete" is chemistry and developement of guy like TJones and DMO, I like'em both.

Lastly for real, get a deal done for CSN with ATT!!!!!

2. omgTHEpotential

D-Mo has ten potential of a perennial all-star if only he reaches around this level of bulkiness:

[​IMG]

3. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

I believe in D-Mo!

4. zerhoe

zerhoe Member

Haha dmolition man. I like it.

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

He and Jones can be a lethal combo.

Whatever the matchup favors or whomever is hot that game plays the most, imo.

DD

6. csc177

csc177 Member

Lol!!! I had to do a double take because I was definitely ready to scream ROIDS!
    I agree, if D Mo fills out his frame; he will surprise a lot of people.

7. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

If we start the season with Dmo and jones, one of them will breakout for sure. Two superstars on the team, one of them being on the inside drawing double teams near the basket?

The awesome thing is I see a huge level of commitment from Dmo and jones to step up to the challenge. They're clearly both working hard this summer. While I've been lobbying for an upgrade at PF, DMo and Jones still have realistic room to grow into fantastic role players. It's a great position to be in for us and for them.

8. Karolik

Karolik Member

so now Dmo is being compared to Dirk..

Unfreakinbelievable.

9. jocar

jocar Member

Why Donatas Motiejunas Is the Houston Rockets' Third Biggest Asset

-June 2013
    summary:
    [​IMG]

10. thedude077

thedude077 Member

I think D-mo is better than any power forward we have on our team. All he needs is to stay consistent. Last year he was the starter and had it for a few games. All of that was from lack in consistency. He was only a rookie and will get better because he looks and want to learn and get better. And I think he does have better post moves than Terrence Jones and other power forwards we got on our team and better midrange shot and 3 pointer, too. All he needs is consistency.

11. thedude077

thedude077 Member

Is that a new picture from this month???

12. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Nikoloz Tkitishvilli part II

13. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

I think you confused "can shoot" with "is white"

14. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

people were saying dirk was his ceiling in his draft report

15. csc177

csc177 Member

Photo shop

16. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

He is already way better than Nikoloz - Dmo just needs seasoning and time.

DD

18. chrisman_29

chrisman_29 Member

I don't put a lot into per 36 stats, but D-Mo had a better per 36 minute scoring average than Dirk in their respective rookie seasons. He just needs to continue to put in the work to improve his weaknesses. I'd be thrilled if D-Mo could put up 10 and 5 in maybe 20-25 minutes per game this season.

19. 02cavyss

02cavyss Member

According to my source, DMo has put on 30+ lbs of muscle since the season ended. That may or may not be an exaggeration, but bottom line is he's actively bulking up and working his ass of in the offseason. I'm excited for his potential if Coach plays him. He's fast, hustles, and can stretch the floor a bit with his range that extends to the 3 point line.