1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Don't Write This Team Off Just Yet ;)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rocketsfan611, Apr 14, 2016.

1. subtomic

subtomic Member
    Supporting Member

Agree - apparently fluke wins are more addictive than bacon-wrapped heroin.

Not only did the Rockets not deserve to make the playoffs, their style of play was close to unwatchable. Terrible ball movement and incompetent defensive rotations made this team look more like a collection of YMCA pickup players. Now we get to watch them lose another 4 games against a team that has humiliated them nearly every game for the past 2 years. Yeah, I'll take a draft pick over this every day of the week.

This team had 82 games to prove it was a legit contender and failed miserably. A first round sweep by GSW won't improve our abysmal team game, repair the total lack of chemistry between our two stars, or fill the significant talent gaps we have. In order to make this team great again, we have to move on from this year's lineup and strategy, and anything that delays or hinders this transition is bad. By making the playoffs, we've missed the chance to add some talent via the draft, and any positive performances (individual or team) against GSW will only inspire hesitation on what should be easy decisions (I.e let Dwight walk, get new coach, evaluate whether Harden is a winner or empty stats player).

I love this team, but right now they're like kid who's slacked off all year and is now hoping that an A+ on their final will earn them a passing grade. It's better for both to fail and learn and grow from that failure than it is to get lucky and succeed.

1 person likes this.
  2. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

I'll just leave this here.

3. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Welp. I guess I'm crazy.

4. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Member

its common sense in any playoffs matchups to look more than just the number of wins and losses

circumstances, injuries, health, momentum, chemistry, coaching, adjustments etc...

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

and none of that favors hou

6. Htown4life420

Htown4life420 Member

LETS GOO ROCKETS!!!!! UPSET OF THE DECADE. best team in regular season history loses first round to the 8th seed

7. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Member

how close was last years first 2 games? didn't we not have pbev and dmo? does common sense tell you that there is 0% chance for the rockets to win one in GSW?

8. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Member
    Supporting Member

And that is the problem. You take Curry off the Warriors, and they still would be heavily favored to beat-us. They still would have better defense and more offensive weapons than we could handle.

We have Harden and then some scrubs. Beasley is a nice player but he's a 12ppg guy.

After that everyone else on this team depends on Harden or someone else for their points. Howard/Capela can't score unless someone lobs it to him or he gets a rebound - god forbid they get fouled. Dmo can't hit the barnside, tjones is useless, Bev can play make against lotto teams only, Ariza is best as a spot up shooter, and Brewer....don't even get me started.

There's no chance this team beats the Warriors more than once in five tries.

9. YOLO

YOLO Member

last year as a reference? lol. the gsw entire team just finished the season better than last year when they won the ship. they just cemented their place with the all time best record in league history. Now facing a team that is worse than last year with one of the worst defenses in the league. Yeah I'd say common sense says they won't be winning this.

10. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

My prediction is the rockets continue to act like a crap team and go down 3-0 and be down 25 points in game 4 only to rally back and win the next 4 games. Then it is revealed that Morey planned this the whole time to catch the warriors sleeping and go on to win a championship.

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

people want to still mention bev and dmo as if they're going to be major difference makers when they won't be. the gsw are a horrible matchup for Dmo. All active/athletic bigs that can play on the perimeter are. DG is an absolute nightmare matchup for Dmo. I doubt dmo gets significant minutes this series. Bev's worth is guarding Steph and we know hes not going to get shut down.

The same exact problems Hou had last year will show this year. When gs decides to take the ball out of hardens hands and force others to make plays we'll see once again the meltdown. Couple that with the bottom level defense this year. It may get ugly real quick.

12. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Member

so you're sure its going to be sweep? how manay games max you think the rockets are going to win?

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

are you trying to say winning one game is some sort of victory to you or something? that means nothing to me if they aren't going to beat them 4 times.

The GSW are going to win this series, that's the only thing that matters.

14. PrawnJ

PrawnJ Member

we will go up 3-0 only for the warriors to make history and be the only team to come back from a 3-0 deficit

15. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Member
    Supporting Member

Clutchfans you're slipping.
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/q7vtWB4owdE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/KX5jNnDMfxA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

16. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Member
    Supporting Member

I'm listening to Minnesota Sports Talk Radio and they're talking about the start of the NHL playoffs with the 8th seed Minnesota Wild taking on the Dallas Stars. The Wild lost 5 games to close out the season and only got in because the Colorado Avalanche pretty much decided not to play the last 10 games of the season.

It's amazing how similar the Wild talk is to the Rockets talk on Clutchfans.

17. dragician

dragician Member

they already did.

18. mac2yao

mac2yao Member

Neither player made much this difference this year; especially not Beverley against Curry.

19. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Member

so how many wins you think the rox can muster against gsw?

20. mac2yao

mac2yao Member

1 if the Warriors are in cruise control. 0 if the Warriors are dialed in every game.