1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Don't Write This Team Off Just Yet ;)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rocketsfan611, Apr 14, 2016.

1. rocketsfan611

rocketsfan611 Member

What is wrong with you people? Why all the negativity? Do you not have a memory? Do you not remember last year when we were two possessions away from stealing BOTH games in Oracle to start the series? And that was with a 37 year old point guard chasing Curry and a soft power forward starting. That was without our borderline elite guard defender and our versatile 7 footer with slick post moves and decent outside touch. It could have easily been 2-2 or even 3-1 Houston.

Now you take that EXACT same roster, add a year of development for Capela, a healthy Patrick Beverley (who I ASSURE you will make life difficult for Mr. Curry), a healthy D-Mo, and a rejuvenated and motivated scoring machine in Michael Beasley.

So again I ask...WHY the doom and gloom? We have the talent and the roster to shock people. We are a team that is at LEAST 10 wins better talent wise than we actually performed. How many games throughout this disappointing season do you remember that were blowout losses? We have competed in almost every game and showed a lot of will these past three games to get into the playoffs.

I know the competition has been weak, but the Rockets are coming into this series playing possibly their best basketball of the season and are set to face a team that has been expending so much energy in chasing a record. In addition to that, we got 17 games of playoff experience last year for our young core and I don't think that the big stage will rattle them much. Howard always elevates his game in the playoffs and Josh Smith should be well rested. We have the athleticism and length in KJ and Beasley to irk the sharpshooters from the bay, and of course the team wants payback for last year. The motivation is there, the bulletin board material from the experts and media is there for even more motivation. I think with a few favorable bounces and 48 minutes of focused determination, it's not inconceivable or even crazy to say that the Rockets could eliminate Golden State. If any team at the bottom has a decent chance, it's Houston. So stop being pessimistic and get ready for a fantastic series and maybe, just MAYBE an upset that will shock the sports world. GO ROCKETS! :)

4 people like this.
  2. Gimmmethemike

Gimmmethemike Member

Super cool story bro!!!!!

1 person likes this.
  3. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I'm with you. This season reeks of Olajuwon's disease, a common form of complacency during the regular season that is easily relieved by an appearance in the playoffs.

We can win this series, you're crazy if you think we can't.

rocketsfan611 likes this.
  4. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

But the scrub coach JBB makes me ....

5. rocketsfan611

rocketsfan611 Member

I'm not saying we WILL win it, but so many people (even Rockets fans) are acting as if a 3% chance is too much. That's crazy. I'd say it's more like 80-20 Golden State. We are a very unique team, deep and capable of anything this playoffs. Let's buckle up and enjoy the ride. :grin:

6. rocketsfan611

rocketsfan611 Member

Yeah, I understand. That and the hacking strategy both scare me.

7. Marteen

Marteen Member

I watched a team that stunk it up the entire season and barely made the play-offs and will face one of the greatest teams of all time in a best of 7 series. It's common sense, not negativity.

8. ThatboyPhuong

ThatboyPhuong Member

I'm with you bro.. just all these negative fake rockets fan here smh.. but we can take them!

9. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Completely forgot about the hacking strategy.

Howard & Capela. Ughh

10. mac2yao

mac2yao Member

Damn, that team sounds even better than last year's Rockets. I assume they'd win 50+ games in a regular season, maybe even push for 60?

Also, how has Patrick Beverley done against Curry this year? 30 PPG on 54% shooting? Hmm.

Hey, I'm glad you're optimistic...I just don't see it. I'd love to be wrong, but this looks like an impending trainwreck for the Rockets.

11. rocketsfan611

rocketsfan611 Member

You're partially right. It's common sense to expect Golden State to move on over the Rockets...but it's not common sense to expect a sweep or to think that Houston has no chance. We are a team that lost many games to ****ty teams, but always seemed to show up against the good teams. We will come out swinging on Saturday and give them quite the fight.

12. Rocketeer4Life

But but but we have Brewer and JB...

13. Bleek

Bleek Rookie

Cool Story Brah! Superman OUT!

14. Bleek

Bleek Rookie

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  15. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I give the Rockets a 10% chance to beat the Warriors.

It all hinges on Harden just going absolutely insane, that all this built up animosity towards this team that has been in his way for personal glory and it just unleashes itself over the course of a 7 game series...and Dwight will be playing for his next contract as well.

Still...the Warriors really ARE that good. They aren't going to slip or choke so this should be a cruise for them.

16. Bleek

Bleek Rookie

[​IMG]

17. Gimmmethemike

Gimmmethemike Member

It's not how you start but how you finish. Anything can happen, and anything is possible. Rockets will shock the world. They are hungry and want to prove the world wrong!

18. rocketsfan611

rocketsfan611 Member

I respectfully disagree. Harden will be Harden. He will score 30-35 per game. He's the one aspect of the team I'm COMPLETELY confident in. It's the X factor players like Josh Smith, Patrick Beverley, KJ McDaniels, Michael Beasley, and Clint Capela that will decide whether or not Houston has a legitimate chance.

19. Marteen

Marteen Member

I would argue the Warriors got almost every team's A-game and found a way to win 73 times out of 82 games. It is actually ridiculous. Look, I'll give the Rockets one win, but that's about it. If only the play-offs were like March Madness with single elimination, but that's life.

20. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Common sense also says that because the Boston Red Sox were down 3-0 to the Yankees in the playoffs that they couldn't come back, but something strange happened.. they believed the "impossible" was possible. There's nothing wrong with believing in your team. Being a fan has little to do with common sense. Living a cool comeback story is so much better than going on the internet and saying "cool story, bruh" like some worthless internet dick.

1 person likes this.