1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Don't worry too much, learn from this loss, and move on

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets11, Mar 1, 2009.

1. rockets11

rockets11 Member

Many things had effect on this Chicago game. Head just got waved; TMac was in the house; Ron tried to be THE hero and savior; and Ron might've tried to prove something; inexperienced starting PG; only one power forward (L Scola) was available; after the easy ealy big lead, the players had a let-down and might not care to play the right way, that is offensively to go through Yao; and when the game became tight, they got nervous and couldn't concentrate any more. So maybe this game was just an one-time thing. We needn't worry too much.

But the coaching staff and players shouldn't take the loss lightly. Hope the team learned a valuable lesson, no matter what is the situation in a game, they must stay focused. And no matter whom they play against, never look down at your opponents. If they can't learn sth. out of this painful loss, we will see a lot more this kind of losses.

Also RA has to emphasize discipline to this team. Let them know they must play the right way and not lose focus all game deffensively and offensively.

I would like to consider this loss as one of the prices the Rockets have to pay in order for the good guys to make a deep, deep run this season. This team is so promising. I believe they will do much better later on. I wouldn't be suprised in the end if they win it all.

2. scalper

scalper Member

agreed... look at the tapes... make adjustments... eliminate mistakes..

and move on... its 1 game out of 82...

and its the playoffs that count...

3. ppzh

ppzh Member

team played well in the first 3 qt, and all in a sudden nobody could figure out how to move the ball when yao was fronted. Not a cancer at all just a lesson to learn.

4. jkckwong

jkckwong Member

Agreed. This loss might just be a blessing in disguise. The important thing is Rox players should learn from their mistakes and stand up from where they fell. Go Rox.

5. RocketBlood

RocketBlood Contributing Member

I still love my team!!! Go Rockets!! Ron ron pass by ball homie :D

6. ydqkang

ydqkang Member

We should get something valueble by this loss

7. ferrarif1286

ferrarif1286 Member

what is there to be learned from this game?? dont screw up another 17 pt lead? solution to create a shot down the stretch or yao learning how to control the reb? This is a problem this team will face from now on till the playoffs.

8. kaocsaephan

kaocsaephan Member

When the 4th quarter started, I knwe this would happen. I told my friend, over aim, if the rockets lose, I would kill myself. I lied, apparently. I knwe it would happen and I knew it would ruin the night for me. If they made a comeback and lose, that's great. But if you get owned by a lottery team, after being up 17 in the 4th quarter, someone needs to be benched/fired.

9. Tsquare

Tsquare Member

like signing James White? :D

10. ambrose86

ambrose86 Rookie

I felt that had Lowry been in the game sooner Rose would not get as hot as he had late in the game, and obviously we would have won. But do I blame Adelman? Just a lil. I mean this Rockets organization clearly see Brooks as our future and are willing to sacrifice games so that he can learn and become a better player. It is through defeat-- a tough spanking-- that a player would truely learn. And honestly losing this game may serve Brooks better in the future.

11. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

We've been doing that ALL SEASON LONG.

Memphis twice, Indiana twice, Clippers, Wizards, Bulls, Philly.....

12. krockets

krockets Member

13. soulsong999

soulsong999 Member

Indeed this loss was a good loss, a blessing in disguise, a good wake up call so to speak.

We still don't know who we have to play in the playoffs yet (we should make it there!), so, a loss here and there really has little effect. Lets move on to the next game.

SS999

14. Tmaco

Tmaco Member

Agreed. Keep on going, Rockets!

15. nomad_balla

nomad_balla Member

still not disciplined ........ron has been taking bad shots all game long. the difference was that he was making his shots at the beginning and missed them all toward the end. the percentage will even out when you take all perimeter shots with someone in your face. he just kept on pushing his luck on those jumpers even though he knew they were desperate shots not in the flow of the offense. i hate to say this but ron is really looking to play for his contract. i like that fact that he is a good defensive player but he's ball handling is so bad but he still wouldn't give up the ball and just keeps on dribbling and dribbling till he can get his shot off. by no means i'm putting this game on ron because it is a team thing but i just don't like seeing the ball stopped like how tmac was stopping the ball.

16. chasingu

chasingu Member

We have had too many tough losses this season, and it has really been a problem since van Gundy era, which we never found a way to solve.

17. bj3175

bj3175 Member

I hate to lose any games especially like that. However the way Aaron was exploited can serve as an excellent teaching tool as to what he needs to improve on going foward toward the Playoffs. In the Playoffs thta matchup will bee exploited every game.

18. yxgemini

yxgemini Member

one possible mental result of this loss:

if we won, and probably won next 2 vs wolves and raptors, then when we face jazz with a 9-win streak in their home. that's hell of a pressure! it is painful even to imagine jazz put our 9-win streak to an end.since now we lost one, no cross to carry around. "most feared, most likely".

there is no regular season game as important as the next 2 games in Salt Lake City. 2 playoff match-ups must be avoided: 1. vs lakers too early(that means 8th seed, or a little better, 4th,5th seed). 2. vs jazz in 1st rd. Rox would gladly take jazz as 2nd rd. opponent to seek a revenge, but 1st round? I am very nervous about that, guess the players no less.

in order to avoid jass in the 1st rd, Rox must beat them at least once in their homecourt. if lose both, it may very likely ends up with Jazz 3rd seed and Rox 6th. or Jazz 4th, rox 5th(worst possible situation).

19. Kracka0476

Kracka0476 Member

It was typical Rockets letting the lead go in the 4th.Were gonna lose probably 7 more games this year.

20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

All they have to do is match intensity, and commit to the offense, then things like this won't happen.

DD