1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Don't these cowards know

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Honey Bear, Jan 8, 2016.

?

How many more incidents before it has.. *something* to do with Islam

1. 5 more incidents

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 25 more incidents

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 50 more incidents

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Mass attack needed, 500+ deaths

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

That shooting officers in the name of Islam only makes life harder for muslims living in the West?

Thereby alienating more followers?

Thereby giving them an excuse to strap on a bomb or shoot people in the name of Mohammed because they're lonely?

Don't these cowards know.

Poor, poor moderates who keep turning into extremists.

So sweet. So innocent. So tight hymen. Touched. For. The.

Very First Time.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/man-accused-shooting-philly-cop-confessed-committing-act/story?id=36169588

[​IMG]

How many more incidents before we stop seeing this quote?

2. Major

Major Member

You do understand that this is their whole goal, right? Extremists are trying to create a global war between Islam and everyone else. For that to happen, they need to make the world hate Muslims so that Muslims will have no choice but to join the caliphate.

Depends on how long people like you respond exactly the way ISIS wants.

3. Honey Bear

Do I understand it? I practically invented it.

The issue,is we've been forced to treat "self respecting" moderate muslim adults as fragile children, naive teens or victims of abuse. There's the argument they aren't mentally capable of thriving in western culture after generations of inbreeding, but EVERYONE has an excuse.

I have always taken accountability for who I am and the actions I take. That's generally how society in the civilized world works.

Unless we pressure moderates to strictly impose this attitude on muslim culture, we'll have to keep tip toeing around the pink elephant in the room. All the while, out neighbors are dying because we don't want to tempt the fragile muslim mind into another mass killing.

We don't want to "push" them into another Charlie Hedbo by drawing another cartoon.

This is a glaring, obvious ideological issue that civilized muslims do not want to address. Amongst a plethora of other issues that cause internal turmoil.

If alienating them causes them to join ISIS and kill themselves, then good riddance. Get with the times, or get lost.

4. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

We're playing right into their hands.

5. okierock

okierock Contributing Member

It appears that you feel you have a better response. Could you let everyone in on what a productive response to actions like this might be?

I think at this point that maybe we can deduce that the religion might have some small part to play in all of this hate and senseless violence... maybe?

Maybe I am wrong and all of these folks are just doing a 180 from what their faith is really telling them? That the faith said to give the cop a hug and instead he shot him?

6. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

You're actually proud that you respond in exactly the way ISIS wants you to? Odd point of pride.

Who is forcing you to treat moderate Muslims as anything of the sort? This is nothing but a pile of dung, straight off of Bullsh!t Mountain.

I don't hear anyone making that argument and doubt that anyone but a true bigot would hold such an asinine opinion.

What's yours?

Yes, being accountable for one's own actions is an important tenet of the social contract.

Wait, so now you're saying that Muslims have to take accountability not only for themselves, but also for every other Muslim on the planet?

The one that paints you as an anti-Muslim bigot? I won't tiptoe around that one, you've made that point abundantly clear.

People are dying from the actions of those who understand that doing things that directly provoke a violent response should probably receive second thoughts? Seriously?

The people who attacked Charlie Hebdo were nutcase idiots who were looking for a reason for an attack. The cartoon may have tapped them on the back, but they were already leaning so far over the precipice of violent action that a feather could have "pushed" them into it.

Civilized Muslims address these things regularly. Your choice to ignore them when they decry the lunatics is your choice and you have the power to make a different one.

So, you're perfectly OK with your bigoted attitude even if it results in previously moderate Muslims becoming enraged enough that they support or join in on violence.

You should follow your own advice.

7. Honey Bear

Unfortunately, your supposed non bigoted attitude is currently causing an alarming number of moderate Muslims to quietly become radicals and engage in weekly killings. If your only response is well, without this attitude even more Muslims would be killing us, then the issue isn't our attitude, but the muslim ideology.

The moderates make blanket statements then look the other way. There is absolutely no sense of urgency or action taken in cahoots with the words they say. It is just rhetoric to help the sheep sleep better at night.

8. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Used a cops stolen gun. When will be take the guns away from these irresponsible police? They cannot even prevent their own firearms from getting into terrorists hands.

9. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

No, if everyone in this country had my attitude about Muslims, then none of them would become radicals and engage in weekly killings because we would embrace them as our brothers and sisters, just the way Jesus said we should.

No, without YOUR attitude, far fewer Muslims would be killing us. The problem is YOUR ideology, not that of Muslims.

You mean they decry violence and then go about living their lives as the good, honest, moral people that they are, taking responsibility for themselves and their actions?

Say it ain't so. :rolleyes:

No, the bullsh!t your pundits feed you is just rhetoric to make the sheep like you quake in their boots from the fear that Muslims are coming for them. Have fun fearing for your life, I prefer reality.

10. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I think everyone should try to have a discussion with Honey Bear. There will be a meeting of the minds and everyone will come out in agreement after discussion.

11. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Is that what happen? These damn cops.

12. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'll engage only after he starts posting as Trader_Jorge again.