1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    We are ONE DAY AWAY from the NBA Draft and knowing what the Rockets will do with the #3 selection. We're talking Rockets and the NBA Draft LIVE at 8:00pm CT!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!
  3. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Don't the Rockets need swingman depth (Dragic?) more than another PF???

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by allaroundplayer, Nov 16, 2013.

1. SK34

SK34 Member

Why do we need dragic when we have 3 great players at 1-2?

Defense? Well defense is a team thing and nobody seems to want to play defense (even Dwight). Dwight is looking to get blocks but I haven't seen him play defense like he played in magic. It starts with Dwight and Beverly setting the tone defensively and expecting the others to follow. Also,I've seen I instances where both Lin and harden played great defense.

If we do need a player, we need a player like Corey Brewer (who can play the 2-3) or Aaron Aflalo , not another PG.

The importance of position. We need a pF more than another 1-2-3. Someone like bass would fit this team well but that is not enough for Asik.

Things we need by importance:
    Stretch 4w/ rebounding ability.
    Back up Center.
    Back up 2/3 guard for defense and 3 (Courtney lee)

1 person likes this.
  2. yummyhawtsauce

This. We already have too many shooters. We need a PF that can defend and maybe shoot the mid range.

Not sure what people's obsession with Dragic is

3. yunac010

yunac010 Member

You think Gogi would be down with coming off the bench?

4. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

If lin ends up being traded with asik for a good PF, i would like to go after dragic for our starter or bench. Him and beverly would make a good combo of PGS.

5. meh

meh Contributing Member

The Rockets do need swingman depth, but they don't need another PG. In one of the Asik threads, I suggested Jeff Green as a possible candidate for the trade. That's the kind of swingman we can use. Someone that can help limit Parsons and Harden's minutes. Also would be fine with a veteran wing that's also stud defender(Battier lite should one exist somewhere in the league).

But Dragic? No. And if we trade Lin, it would be difficult to get Dragic anyway because of his salary. Not to mention his PO in the same year as Love/Aldridge FA doesn't help matters.

1 person likes this.
  6. Raven

Raven Member

Asik wants out, and he's openly pouting on the bench. The Rockets would be nuts to keep him. Morey will trade for a shooter or a defender, and grab a backup center.

7. Benchwarmer

Benchwarmer Member

Unless you mean a true star swingman like Jimmy Butler, Paul George, or Evan Turner ... then no, I don't see how adding another wing player is going help. We have Parsons, Garcia, and Brewer.

8. Captain Hook

Captain Hook Member

I see what you did here. Maybe trading for another PF is not the answer, but another wing (Shumpart for example), could be the one trade we need to make...

9. D12 fan

D12 fan Rookie

Yes if we could get Shumpert and a decent backup center I would pull the trigger.

10. joesr

joesr Member

thxs for the update?