1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Don't shout me down....wish we could get ...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AuburnRocket, Mar 30, 2021.

1. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

Chuma Okeke from the Magic.He is really starting to come into his own.He's a really good defender and can really shoot the 3. Don't think it would have to break the bank either...lotta good basketball left with this young man. Speaking of shooting 3's Jared Harper can shoot the 3 better than anyone on our roster IMO.He was Top 5 G League player with Westchester (NY Knicks G League). I am biased as these 2 are former Auburn players. Okoro with the Cavs is doing well guarding the other teams best player every night.

#1 AuburnRocket, Mar 30, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2021
    hakeem94 and BallaDoc like this.
  2. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF THIS POST.

3. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

DONT SHOUT DOWN ME HAHA OK GUY

4. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Smh.

College sports forum >

clos4life likes this.
  5. Reeko

Reeko Member

[​IMG]

had to google every single name mentioned aside from Okoro

Bo6, BigShasta, hakeem94 and 7 others like this.
  6. AuburnRocket

OK..#16 pick by the magic....was injured against NC in the NCAA Tourney in '19...sat out '20. He would wear Lamb and Wilson's ass out for sure.

On June 20, 2019, Okeke was selected with the 16th overall pick by the Orlando Magic in the 2019 NBA draft. Okeke was considered to be a lottery pick in the draft, but after suffering an ACL injury in the 2019 NCAA Tournament, he fell to the 16th selection by the Magic, and was referred to by ESPN analyst, Mike Schmitz as the "steal of the draft."[7]

#6 AuburnRocket, Mar 30, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2021
    sirjesse likes this.
  7. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Just give me the next great Houston cougar

BigShasta and Jontro like this.
  8. AuburnRocket

Jarreau and Grimes...there are definitely some coming there. Auburn has a guy named JT Thor who may go out this year (needs another year yo work on his 6'10" slim frame..shoots the 3 well but needs to work on his D, and, a 6'1" PG(smaller though) named Sharife Cooper who also could this year (but needs another year to work on his outside shot).

9. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

That's kinda the reason they traded Aaron Freaking Gordon. To start playing Okeke more.

I'm not sure what Orlando got for Aaron Gordon; but I'm sure they got a big TPE.

Let's hope anyway.

BamBam and AuburnRocket like this.
  10. AuburnRocket

This is very true.

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  11. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

12. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

idk man, sounds kinda... idk... random.

;) lol

hakeem94, clos4life and Sep11ie like this.
  13. Salvy

Salvy Member

Wall Okeke Wood, Welcome to the WOW era.... again

hakeem94, sirjesse and AuburnRocket like this.
  14. AuburnRocket

Chuma is leading scorer with 18 pts., 4RB & 2 assts. in 28 minutes in the Magic's 103- 96 victory over the Clippers at L.A. People may have to look him up on google but he's a player I assure you.

15. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

Reeko can you tell me where I find the shout down button on my keyboard? I assume it is near the F5 reserved for the trade deadline and free agency?

Reeko and hakeem94 like this.
  16. sirjesse

Supporting Member

We will have plenty of chances to get our own authentic Okekekekekeke over the next several drafts with a 16 pick or better.

hakeem94 likes this.
  17. sirjesse

Supporting Member

Did Sweden pull out of the Rockets accord after Harden left? It would appear we have lost a significant portion of our Nordic fan base.

BamBam likes this.
  18. clos4life

clos4life Member

The previous WOW era was WOW indeed, but in a terrible way. Not ready to relive it again.

BamBam likes this.
  19. AuburnRocket

Our last First Round Pick was 2015 of Sam Dekker with the #18 pick. I know he was playing with Telekom in the Turkish League in 2018..not sure about now. In 2012 we took Jeremy Lamb with #12 and Royce White with #16. We did get Terence Jones with #18 that year. We've had a bunch of 2nd rounders since 2015...Montrezl Harrell (wish we had him back),Chinanu Onuaku (Croatian League),Zhou Qi (Chinese Basketball League). Now that we actually have a 1st again, hopefully we can hit a HR.

banzai and sirjesse like this.
  20. AuburnRocket

I promise you Okeke, if healthy, would not make this team worse. Have you actually looked at the shat we have for a roster ? My goodness.YMBKM. That's the real WOW. You know I never said Okeke was all world. He tore his ACL in the 2019 NCAA Tourney game against NC. Was projected as a lottery pick but, the Magic took a gamble on him at #16 (ACL and all) . Rehabbed and didn't play a game in 2020. Was out with a bruised knee for 16 games THIS year. Finally seems healthy and is looking really good...probably helped facilitate the Gordon trade along with his injury status.I look for him to improve even more between now and the end of the year. The fact that Davion Mitchell,who some like here,knew he would play behind Jared Harper which brought about Scott Drew recruiting him off Auburn's team and his transfer. Okoro was a one and done as expected from the jump.

hakeem94 likes this.