1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Don't overuse Yao

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets11, Feb 20, 2009.

1. RocketFan34

RocketFan34 Contributing Member

I agree. Yao played way to many minutes. I don't understand why RA does not give Deke some minutes. The few times he has got in the game this year the team has looked fine.

2. blender

blender Member

I agree. Adelman's now got three bigs - Mutombo, Dorsey and Cook - at the end of the bench. He's got to figure out how to use atleast one per game, even for a few minutes, to spell Yao.

3. eMat

eMat Contributing Member

Nothing wrong with the OP but most of the replies are unreadable. Am I the only one or does anyone else feel like there is a sudden influx of posters with really poor English?

4. platy

platy Member

yeah, i don't see why deke can't spell some mins for yao. hes old but he still can run alot compared to an exhausted yao

5. Aznoob

Aznoob Member

Many of these posters are chinese. Be accepting of them, please?

:)

6. ADMPell

ADMPell New Member

I would say Deke is more important in the playoffs. As we get down to about the last 10 games, then we can think about easing him into the lineup.

I think what you will see is more time for Landry and Scola on the floor together. With Cook only just coming to the team, I would bank on more minutes for Landry and Scola. Remember, Landry is injured. I believe that is the reason why they ran Yao so many minutes in the Mavs game. They expect Landry to come back soon to help.

Please let me know if any of this about Landry is blatantly off.

7. whycanotin

whycanotin New Member

Many people realized that we'd use yao by efficiency.

I agree with you, and how about this:
    8---(4)--
    (6)--6--
    8---(4)
    (6)--6

thus, yao can have a rest more than 10 minutes in each stop, ;)

8. Lovemachine2000

You want Yao to average 28 minutes per game? Eh that's not gonna happen unless it's a blowout. Yao should play 32-35 min per game, though I am OK with the occasional 38-40 min game like last night, when the game was close and Landry was out.

I think that, overall, Adelman has managed Yao's minutes reasonably. Yao's been playing something like 12-(6)6--10-(6)6. I am OK with Yao playing the full first quarter because we seem to get off to slow starts often (and god knows we have problems in the 3rd quarter, though yesterday was an anomaly), and Yao's the most consistent two-way player we have.