1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Don't match Lowry..Just sign Jeremy Lin

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by koopa, Jul 14, 2010.

1. koopa

koopa Member

Lowry is overpaid for a guy who's injury prone. Just give Jeremy Lin a chance..he attacks the rim, can dunk, 6'3, chinese american, very quick and athletic and huge market. If he flops..just count him as another Spanoulis, Malick badiane, Jermaine Taylor and a couple more projects that were signed by the rockets in the 2nd rounds in recent years that we gave years to develop but ended up being scrubs. Jeremy lin's accomplished and isn't raw like badiane who was given 3-4 years to develop into Hakeem Olajuwon by the rockets but ended up making his living in the nbdl. He's undrafted and is currently ripping it up in the summer league with dallas. He's definitely NO wang zhizhi who was utilized by dallas in garbage time to score over 100 points for free chalupas back in the day.
    <object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tVVzGm8SbOM&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tVVzGm8SbOM&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

2. DUHK

DUHK Member

Are you serious?

1 person likes this.
  3. killakim

killakim Member

he's really not that good...

4. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

5. DontTradeOswalt

Who? Jeremy Lin isn't even worth googling and am on my G1

6. koopa

koopa Member

And you have such high standards for a steve novak fan? rofl...and u don't have to be extremely muscular to make it in the nba..just ask joey dorsey ..so much muscle but he sucks.

7. tofu--

tofu-- Member

Uh. Yeah. Let's not get ahead of ourselves.

I personally like Jeremy Lin and think he's a decent third PG. But you don't sign him to replace Lowry. Lin is a superb slasher and finishes unexpectedly well, but his major problem is his ability to create and ability to take care of the ball. Lowry is excellent in that regard, not to mention Lowry's build and attitude makes him an absolute bull on defense.

You simply cannot compare the two and Jeremy is by no means "ripping it up" in summer league. He's going to be lucky to get a spot, though I hope he does somewhere.

8. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

How is Lowry injury prone?

9. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

rofl

I love it, starts talking about positive physical attributes and sticks chinese american in the middle. Yeah Les wants to corner that apple pie asian market. :grin:

10. kevtse

kevtse Member

I 'd rather have Sun Yue, the chinese PG who is 6"7, at least he got some height

11. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Worst post ever?

1 person likes this.
  12. devilsdandruff

noone knows nor cares about this dude in China.

1 person likes this.
  13. Iamshawnstay

Iamshawnstay Member

Confucius say..................I'm fuggen confuciused!!!!!!

14. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

Lowry is injury prone? Why? Because he landed on someone's foot and sprain his ankle? .........

Anyway, Lowry is the heart and soul of the Rockets bench and the main reason for their success last season. When Lowry was out with a sprain ankle, the Rockets found out the hard way why Lowry is so important to this team. His tenacious style of play is a big important factor to this team. You don't have to worry much when our starting PG Brooks sit out because Lowry is a great back up point guard.

So basically you want to replace the heart and soul of the Rockets bench for an undrafted PG that did somewhat decent in the summer league? I doubt Lin can even crack an NBA's rotation not alone replacing Lowry... Lin is best fit for the NBADL as a back up point guard. I don't think he can even be a starter for the NBADL.

Playing well in the NBA summer league does not mean anything in the NBA. Half of those guys are just fillers anyway. Most of the NBADL guys are better than half of those guys in the summer league. The NBA is a whole different breed from the summer league. Lowry is a proven player that can run an NBA team. Lin isn't anywhere near Lowry. He can dunk and all but what are the chances of him jumping up and dunking on guys in an NBA game when its more physical and tougher?

So...... NO NO NO!

1 person likes this.
  15. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

I thought Patty Mills looked good so far just saying..

16. redwhiteone

redwhiteone Member

Jeremy Lin is that you? :grin:

17. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

nar bro. this guy is a dud. jeremy lin is crap. sign me. im better

18. daeyeth

daeyeth Member

Wow, lighten up guys, beejezus

19. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Dude can ball. Probably should've got a scholarship from a D-1 school but nobody gave him a chance and instead his parents had to pay for his Ivy league tuition (apparently Ivy League schools don't give athletic scholarships). This sucks cause people were so quick to judge by the cover.

This dude is definitely D-1 quality, but I don't know if he is professional quality much less NBA quality. I think half those shots in the video would get blocked in the NBA.While he's solid all around, he's not exceptionally quick, strong, athletic nor does he have an amazing shot or handles. From the video I didn't see one single aspect of his game that would set him apart from everyone else in the League. I hope he can improve his game overseas for a couple years and maybe he'll get a shot one day, hopefully. But right now he sort of reminds me of Jordan Farmar for some reason, especially his one handed dunks.

20. koopa

koopa Member

SOrry guys, maybe the disappointment of rockets not making much changes and watching every good team get stronger after pursuing chris bosh. And also the likelihood of the heat winning the title for the next 10 years while the rockets are making very small changes in their lineup and only having brad miller in the rumor mill for them. I woulda been happy if we got al jefferson or al harrington. But they're both gone. JOrdan Lurch Hill still has some potential hopefully but it looks like the same lineup as last season.

But Jeremy Lin should be given a chance for a guy from the summer league since he's got as much potential as the other players in the rockets that were given a chance and good pg's are hard to come by these days. And don't compare him to sunyue pls..that guy's 6'7 nd slow..u nd quickness as a nba pg. Sunyu is a fake pg that tricked coaches..all he can do is shoot jumpers.