1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Don't hesitate to flame me but Iverson can contribute in this team

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RoxTurk, May 25, 2009.

1. RoxTurk

RoxTurk Member

First of all I'm not a fanboy of Iverson. Everybody here knows that we need more offense while Tracy is injured and I dont think T-Mac will contribute again to this team. Iverson has some problems, yes but you know he can still play and his specialities are exactly what this team needs. He's gonna be FA this summer and I think he'll take anyting between 7-10 million dollars. If McGrady declares that he's not gonna play next year we can use the half of Mc's money to sign Ivy, and I don't see any FA can contribute as Iverson can.

Plus he can show some tricks to Brooks. Like '' Practice? We're talkin about Practice Brooks? ''

2. langal

langal Contributing Member

We already have a small scoring pg in Aaron Brooks. Brooks may arguably better at this point.

I just don't think it is a good idea.

3. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Maybe you can use the other half of T-Mac's salary that you didn't use to sign AI (we'll just pretend that's the way things work) to buy yourself one of these:

[​IMG]
    ;)

4. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

Nuggets suddenly become one of the best teams in the league after they trade Iverson while the Pistons, a perennial eastern conference powerhouse, suddenly becomes less than mediocre. He's done. No to Allen Iverson.

5. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Brooks is a young cheap version of Iverson -- no need to make a big move with a proven solid player on your roster.

6. RoxTurk

RoxTurk Member

Iverson can play shooting guard.

7. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Fixed

8. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

To be fair -- it was hardly sudden - the Pistons would have been less than mediocre if Billups had stayed.

9. Evil Empire

Evil Empire Member

imagine him beside Brooks as SG, that might be the smallest backcourt in nba history

10. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

Allen Iverson MUST be a star in the offense to be effective. The Pistons did not adjust at all for him and he played terrible, the worst I've ever seen him play.

I don't think another team will give Iverson as much control as he needs. It might be time for him to retire.

11. wekko368

wekko368 Member

You're forgetting about Mugsy Bogues.

12. YallMean

YallMean Member

13. logicx

logicx Member

No thanks to AI. I enjoy the team playing as a team.

After everything that's happened, we don't need anymore drama.

14. Strawman

Strawman Member

Bad idea. We don't need 2 undersized scoring PGs.

15. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

IF we got an injury credit, this is completely possible and intriguing.

When he wants to go to the hole, he can still create and is an offensive force. Would not mind for a year or two at all.

16. Raven

Raven Member

AI could help any team if he simply accepted the fact that he's best suited for the role of a sixth man, but he's too stubborn to do that, and it wouldn't surprise me if he ended up in Europe next year, so he could keep playing the way he wants to play.

17. apollo33

apollo33 Member

no.. just no..we have brooks, we dont need a aging ball hog. adding iverson will add nothing to the chemistry plus iverson has ****ty D. look what happened to detroit and Denver

18. Wooderson

Wooderson Member

I just can't see any way in which Iverson would be a positive addition to this team. I can't see him giving up the ball to Yao, much less guys like Scola, Landry or even Artest. If we had some of the McGrady money freed up then we could spend it much more wisely than on Iverson - like on a solid backup center who can take pressure and minutes off of Yao.

19. Cowboii

Cowboii Member

Brooks > Iverson

20. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Iverson really does not solve the tmac problem because he is still an aging scorer who does not shoot a high percentage.