1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Don't Give ISIS What It Wants.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by glynch, Nov 18, 2015.

1. Baba Booey

Baba Booey Contributing Member

I'm not saying we wouldn't get our hair mussed.

2. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What's most telling is aside from Syria and Iran, no other neighbors gives two ****s about them.

Not Israel, not Turkey, not Egypt, not Iraq, not UAE, not Saudia Arabia, not Jordan (maybe Jordan), not Qatar, and not Kuwait. Hell Iran only cares because they have a puppet in Assad.

3. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

This is stupid.

4. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

Please help me understand something, and I'm not being confrontational or intentionally obtuse. I'd really like to understand some trains of thought.

How can you reason with radical islamics?

If you ignore them, they multiply unchecked. If you attack them, they amp up their attacks and lash out to your country

If you walk away, they slaughter their own countrymen.

They are not open minded nor do they wish to discuss anything that opposes their religion.

5. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Muslims policing Muslims is the only solution. Saudi and Turkey leading the fight is the only solution.

6. Acedude

Acedude Contributing Member

TLDR

1) Don't turn away refugees and don't treat all Muslims like terrorists.

2) Don't put troops on the ground. Support the local Kurds, Iraqis, and Shiites militias (for now). ISIS needs physical territory to legitimize its caliphate, so no territory = no ISIS.

3) ISIS does not have and is not allowed to have allies, hence why they're quickly pissing off pretty much everyone else. It will be their demise.

7. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Why don't you quote the post for the person who said "the key is to reason with radical islamics " - by directly addressing the person who made this statement, then maybe you can understand this train better.

8. Falcons Talon

I'd like to read what you think.

9. SamFisher

I don't think the "key is to reason with radical islamics" so why are you interested in what I think? Or is this a new inquiry?

10. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

You really can't reason (almost) anyone out of a position they arrived at which didn't require reason to arrive there in the first place.

Mmm. Not really. If everybody just got together and said "f*** this" and left the Middle East entirely, I doubt that this is an enemy that would recruit like wildfire after that and chase us onto our shores.

If you half-ass it, yeah. But even if you go virtually nuclear the hydra will grow new heads eventually.

An unfortunate reality, but one that we can't always bend over backwards to stop. We can welcome them with open arms, though.

See point 1.

11. Falcons Talon

I'm asking you because I am interested in different perspectives and points of view. I'd like to know how it is you think we should handle the isis situation.

12. TheresTheDagger

It might seem horrible...but a no holds bar all out war to eliminate ISIS once and for all is the only answer. Unfortunately, that means collateral damage.

They will NOT stop coming. They will take any pullback or lifting of bombing/pressure as a sign of weakness and only become more threatening.

THEY WILL NOT STOP COMING WHETHER WE PULL BACK OR GO ALL OUT.

When we finally got serious about killing the Nazi's...when we were willing to take them down despite "collateral damage" we won. And the Nazi's are gone.

13. SamFisher

YOu appear to be most interested in a point of view that nobody expressed: that of "how to reason with radical islamics"

That indicates to me that you are not really that interested at all in an opposing viewpoint, since you are inventing fake opposition viewpoints, to buttress your own.

14. Ubiquitin

Supporting Member

The Nazis aren't gone. Jesus -- I wish I was as dumb and ignorant as a the lot of you.

15. TheresTheDagger

Really.

Name the places the Nazis are in power. Name the big terrorist attacks the Nazis have pulled off. Name the big name Nazi leaders alive directing all this.

16. Falcons Talon

And that what I see too as far as reasoning with them. There is no reasoning. What exactly do they want?

I think these two are tied together though. In a humanitarian capacity, does the free world just turn their back at killings of innocents in this situation? Even if some can get out, what about those trapped or incapable of escaping? It literally looks like lambs to the slaughter.

I guess the question is what is the civilized world willing to do to ensure the safety of innocents against these monsters.

#36 Falcons Talon, Nov 18, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2015
  17. Falcons Talon

No I'm not. It's obvious that there is no reasoning with them. That really was rhetorical I'm simply asking how to deal with these monsters.

For someone that is so outspoken and insulting, you sure are doing a good job at avoiding answering any of my questions.

#37 Falcons Talon, Nov 18, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  18. okierock

okierock Contributing Member

ah, somehow matching wits with Sam Fisher makes me feel safe again...

19. Ubiquitin

Supporting Member

Well Russia would argue that the Ukrainian government is currently chocked full of active neo-Nazis.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014/may/01/neo-nazi-terrorist-merseyside-mosques-ian-forman

http://www.trackingterrorism.org/group/neo-nazis-global

http://www.jpost.com/International/...an-raid-on-neo-Nazi-terrorist-suspects-320139

20. Nook

Nook Member

I know...

I was going to shop at Target last night, but there were large signs stating that it was not occupied by Naziville.