1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dont give in now..

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by derrick, Nov 7, 2008.

1. derrick

derrick Member

Truth: The Rockets ARE NOT playing well right now. Defensively they are allowing too much penetration in the paint. Offensively they are not being very efficient. Yao is playing the worst he has played in a long time, and the team is NOT running RA's offense.

Most Rocket "fans" want t throw in the towel, say Artest really "can't" play defense, talk about Rafers shooting woes, question the teams toughness, say Brent Barry is really a bust... I can go on and on.

BUT.. The season is still young. The Lakers and blazing right now, but that’s fine. I think this team is going to begin to show us something in a few weeks. Shane will be back and we will be the BEST defensive team in the league. RA's offense will begin to click and this team will begin to run through teams. So don’t jump off the bandwagon yet. This team is built to contend for a title and they will do just that.

2. GMAC

GMAC Member

We didn't play real defense until midway through the 4th. That's when we completely shut down the Blazers and came back from that 10 point deficit. Once Battier comes back, we'll be legit. Right now, it seems like our boys are coasting till it matters.

3. ShadyMcGrady

ShadyMcGrady Member

Yes. Good thread.

Still can't believe Roy made that shot. We could have stolen a W.

Oh and for all the haters, isn't Yao allowed to have slumps too?

Or is he supposed to be perfect? Tell me so I can judge him differently :rolleyes:

Stop hating on Yao. Yes he has his shortcomings. So does T-Mac. So does Ron Artest. So does everyone. The guy is in a little slump. You all know he's better than that. Give him a couple games.

4. YallMean

YallMean Member

I see very few fastbreaks. When we don't pace up, opponents keep crashing onto the offensive boards, and we lack size and quickness right now. This is a glaring weakness.

No freaking ball movement. Defensively, we get picked off way too easily. Losing games may help us put that D swagger back on.