1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Don't do it Darryl

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SmashillaDaVill, Jul 13, 2012.

1. Numero.Uno

Numero.Uno Member

I say trade all three first round picks for this year, Morris, Patterson, K-Mart, the Toronto first round pick and the Dallas first round pick. The only one's I really want to keep are Parsons and D-Mo. I would really love a front court of Howard, D-Mo and Parsons. Then maybe sign Mayo through free agency and see what you can do next summer at the point.

2. monster

monster Member

Without an extension, I don't want a 1yr rental. I know it's summer game1, but I don't want to watch Dwight leave after next season, and then figure out how we start rebuilding. If we're going to rebuild, we're in a good position to start now. Lock up Dwight or Bynum mid-long term, or let the kids play.

3. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

I doubt we include Patterson. I imagine we want a vet with starting/playing experience at every position.

4. aball1991

aball1991 Member

Lets all calm down with these threads guys. When I next go to the BBS and the GARM and see what thread has the most activity, I want to see a thread that actually matters.

5. OremLK

OremLK Member

1 star thread.

Hopefully the trade gets done pretty soon so we can stop hashing over this with idiots.

6. darksoul35

darksoul35 Member

Could you imagine Howard and T Jones playing at the same time?Swat City in this piece.

7. darksoul35

darksoul35 Member

How True

8. allaroundplayer

i think Leuer will be better as a backup 4 to Motiejunas because there will not be enough minutes for Pat to be happy.

although Orlando may not want Pat, which is why the Rockets need to trade him to another team for assets to use instead.

9. rocketfaithful

I would say I agree wit you but PPatt is terrible. he can fo too. as far as i am concerned he had one good game in his life. and it was last year against the kings. THE KINGS

10. rocketfaithful

Sorry about the typing. I guess I missed a couple of keys

11. SmashillaDaVill

Seems that folks here like name calling. Cool. All part of a fan site.

Regardless, I recall that the last savior we brought from Orlando proved to be something less than extraordinary. I like Howard, but his back issue is nothing to be overlooked, and the likelihood of his resigning doesn't seem great to me.

You guys want to ignore the Randy Johnson analogy. How about Carlos Beltran? The Astros have been buried for five years because we went for the quick fix instead of the longer term player development route (thankfully, that era has past).

I'm under no illusion that a roster that is long on 3s and 4s is going to be competitive. But then, that's kind of the point. Two lottery picks next year, six rookies and first year players. All of the spare parts picked up in the past weeks of trades.

The best path might be to find out which of our 3s and 4s are keepers, add 1s and a 5 next year ... and see if we can get their like OKC has. Not the quick fix that most of you guys seem to prefer ... but far from an idiot action plan.

12. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

This can not be said enough.

13. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

There are a lot of clowns here on Clutchfans. They don't mean any harm. They just like to have fun.

14. Third eye

Third eye Member

Man Kecin Brown robbed us ...but that was mid season
    This is more along the lines of going all out for an aging Clemens ...but morey is bout to rob the L blind! And Dwight isn't signing a MLE to play in a place he prefers for a 30 mil dollar shoe deal he can get in china, and a food deal in the state of Texas-no state taxes dwight:cool:

15. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Exactly.

Nothing wrong with being patient and drafting (as long as you are drafting the right guys) eventually if you draft well your team will find success.

The quick fix option is not always best. Just look at the Knicks.

16. bslimp

bslimp Member

That's funny stuff. Wish I could Gove some credit. What does it take to get and revive the green bars on the side?

17. Third eye

Third eye Member

We went to the world series and got swept the year after Beltran put
    up his only great stats in the playoffs 9 HR a record in 8 games-anyways baseball doesn't have a salary cap that closes off...so rich get richer
    Beltran has been shipped around the L since then
    We are hampered bc the Astros suck, and Pettite sure loved getting paid
    on the bench:p

18. Third eye

Third eye Member

The Celtics got the steals of the draft so dunno why y'all are in love with our rookies
    They'll be good white prob will be a Mayo type-lamb a CLEE/boykins hybrid who knows
    They won't be Dwight Howard