1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Donovan Mitchell upset about Harden's fouls? (Updated with video)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mr. Space City, May 6, 2018.

1. mockster

mockster Member

You mean those and ones. Lets not acT like harden isn’t finishing at the rim Mitchell

2. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Kobe actually shows Ariza lifting Mitchell up and shifting him in his game 1 video, and basically tells him he needs to nut up. I agree with Kobe. The nba doesn't let you "hit" people or push people with extended arms, but if they lift you up with their body and you don't hold your ground, that's on you.

It's no different to backing someone down all the way to the rim, or alternatively, moving them away from the rim, if it's just strength and not additional force (such as a bump or a shove), it's play on weakling.

hakeem94 likes this.
  3. Vivi

Vivi Member

Watching him make those fake laughs when asked about Capela just to kinda make Clint look like a scrub not at his level after he he just got owned by him is nice though.

4. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

You are describing football blocking. Ingles did a football drive block. The NBA rules go out of their way to make sure there is no blocking in basketball. A screener cannot dislodge a defender from his defensive stance to move him out of the dribblers way.

btw: I'd have to look again, but the Kobe play you're talking about is equally Ariza just holding his ground as Mitchell tries to get around him. That's not a screen situation. Neither is an dribbler backing someone down. Don't get theoretical on me and compare different things. This is not only a football block, but a moving screen.

DonKnock and D-rock like this.
  5. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

Anyone have any idea what DM said to Capela? his head was turned but looked like Capela said something like "Ooo I like it, I like it" clap clap clap TECH!

Tfor3 likes this.
  6. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

But..but..ItS sO hArD tO hAtE tHiS jAzZ tEaM..
    [​IMG]

7. glenadyll

glenadyll Contributing Member

I'm not the guy, zero video skills, but I'd love to see a nice little "highlight" video of DM in this series when he goes into the paint. If someone put together a video of him repeatedly getting owned inside we could just tweet it at him over and over.

Vivi likes this.
  8. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Good news everybody! We hate the Jazz again!

9. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Harden whines with his hands in the air whenever he drives and doesn't get the call. Hands in the air whine with the WTF look. All players whine at one time or another. Here's the problem with complaining all the time about refs and calls in the playoffs...the refs tend to let you play more physical. They are not going to call every foul every time. That's why it was getting absurd at one point when Utah was getting every little touch foul call for a stretch there I think in the 3rd. The game was practically at a standstill for a bit there and all fouls were going against us.

Jazz brought whining to a whole new level this game imo. They swarmed the refs after every play whining about a call or no-call is what I was seeing...especially that Ingles dude. Some of that sh_t should have been teed up! Those refs sure put up with a lot of second-guessing and whining in that game.

10. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

This.

He got beaten soundly and still has much to learn, yet he started talking smack. Being humble is a very underestimated trait of being a great player.

rocketstrike and adw like this.
  11. rocks123

rocks123 Member

This kid sure like to talk smack. And to think Harden had given him props in interviews a few times. If you have problem with the officiating then call out the refs and not badmouth the MVP. rockets better give this kid a lesson in humility next game. Annoying af. People giving him a few compliments and suddenly feels he's all that.

adw and bilaal14 like this.
  12. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Um, is that second tweet the VIDEO tweet? Has it been deleted from Twitter?
    cc @Clutch

DonKnock, BigMaloe and heypartner like this.
  13. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Michelle is morphing into a true Jazzhole.

Harden is the least of his concerns. He should be more worried about Capela who has Michelle figured out.

Big mouth for a Jazzhole that is shooting 32% from the field in the series.

Tfor3 and adw like this.
  14. BigTex

BigTex Member

But but ESPN told me he was the best, most mature rookie ever. This dude was all smiles, mr positivity when they were doing well. Facing adversity, not so much.

Killatron 2000, Tfor3 and adw like this.
  15. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Jazz is back on the menu boys!! Dig in!

16. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Edit: looks like it. Here's another attempt

I can still see it in @Clutch's twitter feed, retweet though. I guess it's still in my cache

DonKnock, BigMaloe and Deuce like this.
  17. YOLO

YOLO Member

mitchell's crying now? but I thought it was.....

yeah it is game..blouses for you and your season real soon

DonKnock and Tfor3 like this.
  18. Fantasma Negro

BigMaloe likes this.
  19. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Awww poor liddle b****ell caught a bad case of brickhitus in the first round from Westbitch.

Tfor3 and adw like this.
  20. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

I've got the video and thinking about re-posting it on Twitter. But does anyone know what Mitchell says at the end? It's either "**** it" or "**** him".

DonKnock, Tfor3 and BigMaloe like this.