1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

1. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

can't rep again but nice. ;)

2. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="dzyrUl2"><a href="//imgur.com/dzyrUl2">View post on imgur.com</a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

3. Jmcballer88

Jmcballer88 Contributing Member

My thoughts said by another breh

4. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Go away and good riddance.

5. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Red Glares

Rebuilding is a unicorn people foolishly believe leads to a leperchauns treasure.

Denver has been rebuilding for years since the Carmelo Anthony trade.
    Utah has been rebuilding for years since the Deron Williams trade.
    Minnesota has been rebuilding for years since the Garnett trade.
    Orlando has been rebuilding for years since the Howard trade.
    Sacramento has been rebuilding for years since Adelman / Webber.

Rebuilding offers no more assurances to success than our current path.

6. Ultimateian

Ultimateian Member

I like where your post is heading. I'll elaborate. Problem is most teams are looking to develop their own standout player combined with the fact that people, as in regular fans, can now see potential at a distance. Every team wants their own brand and potential is few and far between. It's surprising because the same teams have been stockpiling talent for years in the top ten of the draft but haven't been able to equate that to meaningful success. Something is the matter with the youth when it comes to basketball. They just aren't having the success that past generations have had.

7. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Wish I could rep! LMAO!!!!

8. flusched

flusched Member

I'm a fan of the Player Efficiency Rating. Boban Marjanovic had the third highest PER this past season:

1. Curry
    2. Durant
    3. Marjanovic
    4. Westbrook

League rules say that Marjanovic can't receive more that 5 Million next year and San Antonio can match any offer, but you can backload a deal like Houston did to get Lin from NY. I'd backload a deal for 20 Million a year for 3 or 4 years.

It's a high risk, but what if he is the third best player in the league? Do you let SA get to keep him another year for 2 Million?

9. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

It's absolutely not hindsight. I wanted both of those things to happen during the season, and so did many other posters on this forum. Playoff teams make millions of dollars for making it there. I assume Dawson wanted that money, instead of looking towards the future and doing what's best for the team.

And your'e right that is exactly why I said I'm going to follow the team minimally and focus on school. Unless I see something that makes me think this team isn't just trying to tread water.

10. Red Glares

Red Glares Member

Did Golden St go through the draft?!! Did OKC go through draft?!! San Antino Draft enough said and a lot today with the organization as a whole. Guys dish it out but I can tell you I've seen it all and I well shoot right back!!

11. Red Glares

Red Glares Member

Ryan Anderson 4 yrs 80 million Rockets. Thoughts I would like to hear. Smh

12. lionaire

lionaire Member

this.

13. Red Glares

Red Glares Member

Yep big talk. Truth and real talk hurts !!

14. TheresTheDagger

Thank GOD OP....you finally told Red Nation where you stand!

We were all waiting with baited breath. :rolleyes:

15. UTKaluman597

UTKaluman597 Contributing Member

Please, be done with the rockets and this board. Oh, and take 90% of this board with you. Let's make the GARM great again!

16. Red Glares

Red Glares Member

UT... Who you referring too bud?

17. wiseguyX

wiseguyX Member

Is Morey's 'Big Three' Plan Over?

Draft Picks

- No first round pick
    - #37 - Chinanu Onuaku - D League
    - #43 - Zhou Qi - will be in China for maybe 1 - 2 more seasons.
    - Undrafted players - D League

- Our own first rounder - most likely 12th - 16th
    - Denver's second rounder
    - Portland's second rounder

- Our own first rounder
    - Our own second rounder

Young Players

Terrence Jones - 24 years old - didn't move him before - now has no value and he walks.
    Donatas Motiejunas - 25 years old - has value and FO wants to keep him apparently - has an important role on the team
    KJ McDaniels - 23 years old - played a total of 268 minutes in 2 seasons with us. We have no idea how the FO feels about him.
    Montrezl Harrell - 22 years old - played 379 minutes in 39 games rookie season. Feel like FO likes him. good defensive potential with some offense.
    Sam Dekkar - 22 years old - played 6 minutes rookie season. have no idea how good/useful he will be. all he's done so far is tweet.
    Andrew Goudelock - 27 years old - just a 12th man - 0 value.
    Michael Beasely - 27 - playing for a contract this season - has value only to specific teams.
    Big Boy Clint Capela - 22 years old - entering his third season - has important role on the team next season - probably our most valuable young player.

Useful Vets & Role Players
    Corey Brewer - lol
    Trevor Ariza - on a good contract - would be wanted by a lot of teams but also has important role here.
    Patrick Beverley - on a good contract - would be wanted by a lot of teams but also has important role here.
    Ryan Anderson - our second best player - best thing about him is we didn't have to give up anything to get him.

Star Players

The Beard - our only reason to stay competitive - maybe one of the 10 most valuable players in the league value-wise - FO declares him untouchable but he would fetch a pretty big haul from some teams.

In conclusion,

First off - I am not being pessimistic, trying to be as realistic as possible.
    Morey always believed you need stars to win. That's been his motto since the start.
    So how does he get 2 other stars now?

He doesn't have a lot to work with in terms of assets like he did a few years ago.

No high draft picks.

Our young players are all 22+. We'll be lucky if they even become good rotational players this season.

There are teams with assets stacked to the ceiling ready to pounce on the next available star player. So trades don't look too feasible.

Getting Restricted FAs will be near impossible now since teams aren't worried about cap space.

I don't see any realistic targets for another star player in 2017 Free Agency. Westbrook, Blake Griffin, CP3, Rose, Serge - I don't see any of them coming here to play with James Harden, Ryan Anderson, and Clint Capela.
    There are some decent role players in 2017 but we would have to overpay to convince them to sign. And none would even make us contenders.

The teams that were better than us got more talent (Spurs, OKC, GS, Clips, Griz)
    The teams that we were/are better than will have young break out players (Blazers, Jazz, Wolves, Suns)
    The horrible teams will draft high again (Kings, Lakers, Nuggets)

So what I am asking is..
    Is taking the shortcut to build a contender worth it?
    How long will it take to recover from this and re-collect some assets?
    How long will we be in the 8th/9th seed for this time?

18. jae713

jae713 Member

Every year it's the same **** with you fairweather fans. Do us a favor and go root for Golden State or the Cavs.

19. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

When you think about it, everyone who doesn’t win a championship sucks. That doesn’t mean to turn on your team. I wouldn’t want you on my team. Rockets can’t control what grown men decide to do. I could see if this was a trade that went heavily in another teams favor.

Rockets fans underestimate the power of a star player feeling like he should get the ball more the entire season. The Rockets have improved just by letting Dwight go.

20. wiseguyX

wiseguyX Member

oops meant to start new thread