1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

DONE DEAL: Dwight Howard to Lakers, Bynum to Philly, Iggy to DEN, Garbage to ORL

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SidDaKid, Aug 9, 2012.

1. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

NBA just released a new schedule:

Tuesday, October 30, 2012
    7 PM EDT - Washington Generals vs Cleveland Generals
    8 PM EDT - Boston Generals vs Miami Heat
    10:30 PM EDT - Dallas Generals vs LA Lakers

2. tokenbk

tokenbk Member

Shaq
    Tmac
    Dwight

Might be able to throw Penny in there...

The magic just can't keep their star players, I kind of feel bad for their fanbase.

3. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

I really hope Dwight and Nashs backs start to give them problems!

4. hoopstar39

hoopstar39 Member

Sign and trade LeBron=Cavs get #1 pick

Trade Chris Paul=Hornets get #1 pick

Trade Howard=I wonder...

5. spaceage808

spaceage808 Member

sure this has been posted in this thread and i even saw it in another thread. the only thing that makese sense is the owner of the Magic was guaranteed a first pick.

no other way this makes any sense.

6. ClKent

ClKent Member

HAHA! all the pro trade for Dwight crowd is getting owned today.

[​IMG]

7. imarealballer

imarealballer Member

Aaron Afflalo is the next Kobe.

8. DimeDropper

DimeDropper Member

You are mind-numbingly ignorant.

9. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

I 2nd this. I like my squad and I'm glad Orlando got ****ed in the ass.

10. ClKent

ClKent Member

Somebody rep these two. I cannot. I wish I could. :grin:

11. Ultimate6thMan

Steven A. Smith..just said on BSPN that Howard told him last night that he is expecting to be able to play this season and contribute....sometime around JANUARY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is that one reason why maybe the Rockets didn't up their offer?

Btw...I can't boycott the NBA...love my Rockets too much...but I'm definitely considering strongly boycotting BSPN. I think they had as much to do with this farce as the agents.

12. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

LMAO Well why didn't you think of that when you were telling the world that Dwight would be a Rocket....since you were 99% sure this would happen. Maybe, just maybe you didn't know what you were talking about.

1 person likes this.
  13. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Trade McGrady=Orlando get #1 pick (technically they traded McGrady after, but foregone conclusion)

14. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Absolutely had to refrain their offer since they knew they had to get that team to win games next year to keep him there. The offer had to be something "lower risk."

Now, there isnt too many places for Howard to take less money to go to in free agency next summer, but there was still risk involved if Howard never plays a minute for Houston, and then leaves at the end of the year in the random case that Brooklyn or another team is able to clear enough cap space to sign him to the max in the Summer.

That would have set the franchise back a decade if they trumped this offer and that happened. The Rockets probably dodged a bullet by not trumping this offer.

15. ClKent

ClKent Member

Right? He was one of the main ones. For that I have something special for you too jopatmc

http://www.trmk.org/images/mkdcu/Fatality_Scorpion_01.jpg

Follow the link to your prize. Remember this is a gift from everyone else who is definitely not laughing at you right now.

16. liveguy

liveguy Member

We all feel your pain.....but this is how it HAS to be done clearly nowadays.

This time around won't be a **** show like the pre Yao, Mobley, Francis dribble dribble years.

The way the NBA is structured now, unless you are one of the "haves" you have to build from within because cream of the crop wants to be in NY, LA or MIA. Period.

The "have nots" pretty much have to build from within.

The Rox are set up nicely and the rebuild process might not be as long as most think.

From what I can see, it'll prolly be 3 years, max.

2012 Phase 1 (right now, today - develop core) looking good
    2013 Phase 2 (attempt at FA 2013 - "plug in a star")
    2013 Phase 2a (use 2013 high pick(s) to draft stud(s))
    2014 Phase 3 (look out league...young and ready to smash fools)

17. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

One thing I keep coming back to... all agent conspiracy theories aside (which I think are true), the Rockets just weren't that into Andrew Bynum. They easily could have beaten out the PHI/DEN package of crap and been the third-team facilitator without any drama, but chose not to.

I think that speaks volumes about their commitment to a true rebuild. Whether it was his knees or fear of playing an unproven No. 1 option full max money, it just wasn't worth it for Morey unless it was Dwight. I think that tells you there won't be an Al Jefferson-type move in the near future.

18. David Stern

David Stern Member

LOL...your post Contradicts your plan son...

I'm fine with the plan but you need to stop talking down to people. No need for trolling.

19. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

I'm tired of the OKC model talk? What have they done different from any other team that had good draft picks for a few years? Cleveland did the same thing. They even signed lebron to an extension, got into the playoffs, and lost in the finals. Whose to say that if they don't win a championship in okc, that Durant won't bolt like lebron?

There's no guaranteed way to win unless you are the Lakers and players with ahole agents force their way there. It's mostly luck for everybody else. Where would the spurs be without getting Duncan number one?

20. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Why not test Bynum for the season?
    Could still do sign and trade next summer.

Rocket River