1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

DONE DEAL: Dwight Howard to Lakers, Bynum to Philly, Iggy to DEN, Garbage to ORL

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SidDaKid, Aug 9, 2012.

1. imarealballer

imarealballer Member

Dwight for Afflalo...makes sense to me.

1 person likes this.
  2. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

So with this apparent Mo Harkless lovefest the Magic seem to have, had the Rockets drafted Harkless instead of Terrence Jones, would the Magic have dealt with the Rockets?

Also, I remember a poster speculating we'd pick guys in the draft the Magic told us they like.
    So... yeah, if there ever was any doubt that there was no way we'd do such thing, I think it's safe to assume now that we didn't.

3. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Orlando is the victim of self-inflicted wounds. From the start to the very finish.

4. HombreDeHierro

its not like they were forced into doing it. they had options.

they just have incompetent management and I find that hilarious

5. imarealballer

imarealballer Member

"Quite frankly, that's above my paygrade." Where do they come up with this sh--????

6. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

That's the new thing. I'm hering a lot of people say that now. It's a douche bag way to say you are not qualified to answer.

7. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

I just noticed the title.

Garbage is right.

We want cap space and high draft picks.

Sends out 2 smaller contracts for two bigger ones, adds middling draft picks at best that will take several years to receive.

8. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

Im still confused.. How does Orlando still have Hedo and Big Baby? lmao

9. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Kobe, Dwight, Nash, Gasol?

It's not quite Miami with 3 guys in their prime, but it ain't bad.

10. spankz141

spankz141 Member

I truly think this was on the Magic's owner....Rob Hennigan is smart enough to know this was a crappy trade.

11. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

Really? Henny is afraid of what fegan will do if they didn't take a lessor deal that puts them in mediocrity for 5 years? Fegan has that much leverage? I mean what about pissing off all the other GM's in the league? You still have to work with GMs and owners too..... That still doesn't add up

12. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

GOOD.

Thank you, God.

13. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

Nash, Kobe, Pau and Howard. Some may be old but they still have a couple of years left before they head to China.

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

Haha no, I created that.

15. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

True.... kinda, but not really.

There were a few other options. Like the Rockets offer, but my take is that the Rockets might of actually dodged a bullet by going all out to trump this offer. The offer they had on the table probably was something lower risk that we could all live with, but if they had to trump this offer then there could have been severe risk involved.

But it just seems like there are about 29 other teams in the NBA that you would have more reasons to throw your hatred upon in you are a Rockets fan that just lost their own "best center in the NBA" a couple seasons ago for nothing in return... or next to nothing in this case.

Only in this case they get to watch their superstar compete for multiple titles in LA just like their last superstar center. At least the Rockets never had to deal with that.

The Rockets probably did themselves a favor here by not giving away the farm for Dwight, and showing restraint.

16. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

The NBA will not lose viewers even if it is rigged. Professional wrestling does great even though everyone already knows it's scripted.

17. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

You would wait 10 years for a playoff win? Because that's how long it took the Texans. And you damn well know you'd be on here b****ing in year 3 of the 10 year plan.

18. liveguy

liveguy Member

School me?

Hahahahahaha....

Dude....you're mad over over the use of "OKC model" vs. "build through the draft?"

really?

You're upset about Dwight that much?

You shouldnt be so mad.

However you slice it....he aint coming and lashing out over sematics isnt gonna change that.

Sorry you're having such a bad life, son. :(

Feel better.

19. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

What the WWF or E or whatever they are now called figured out years ago is that what makes America tune in the most is not to watch someone they root for, but to make someone up that they can root against.

We saw ratings go through the roof when Miami first joined up... why is this... because people were so ready to root against Miami and see them fail.

With the Lakers... well here comes #1 enemy. Hopefully we get some ridiculous spectacle like the Miami victory parade here in the preseason to add fuel to the fire.

I do not think that Stern pulled weight in this one personally, but he knows that A. the lux tax implications will help out small markets pull in extra revenue after the split, and B. Its going to be compelling television every time the Lakers play the "good guys" like OKC or now the Heat.(how quick America forgives) Most NBA owners and Stern probably care less about this trade happening than you might think.

Overall, its probably not that bad for the league. Especially if the Lakers lose on the big stage, and America gets to see the enemy get defeated.

20. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

How did this happen??? Orlando got nothing!!