1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

DONE DEAL: Dwight Howard to Lakers, Bynum to Philly, Iggy to DEN, Garbage to ORL

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SidDaKid, Aug 9, 2012.

1. Nook

Nook Member

The Rockets as constructed are not a playoff team. If the Rockets make the playoffs next season, McHale deserves to win COY.

2. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Yes, they are. This team, right now today, is better than last year's team. Martin will look crazy great in his contract year, coming back healthy, able to play off Lin. Parson is improved. Our interior defense, which has been our biggest nightmare for the longest, is much improved. Scola's one-way offense is gone, replaced by young guys with multiple skills like Motie/Royce/Jones, and we got another young perimeter scorer in Lamb comign off the bench. Not to mention, Patterson is a two-way big, while not the offensive threat Scola is, he is much better defensively and will be much improved offensively. This is a playoff team.

3. teebone21

teebone21 Member

Our offense will struggle and.we lost our best defenderd how will we be better?

4. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

I wonder who sold Wojnarowski on this pile

5. Ender00

Ender00 Member

Who will be getting the bar contract? What Orlando think they can get via trade for Paul gasol ?

6. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

dude, are you kidding me? If there was any truth to that last statment, the Magic would be putting all of their chips on Bynum.

The Magic GM comes from an organization which was successfully built from scratch, starting from the ground up. Every "informed" magic "insider" has said that Henny wants picks, prospects, and cap relief. That doesn't sound like a guy wanting to circumvent the rebuilding process. Houston is still the Magic's best hope for a satifactory resolution to the Dwightmare, and these rumors are being leaked as a ploy to get Morey to pay a little more.

7. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

Man, Dwight's agent is the hardest working guy in showbiz right now.

Dude is on option what... 831B?

Next up, a 5-way trade between the Lakers, Magic, Kentucky Wildcats, Toronto Argonauts, and Real Madrid.

8. Houston288South

I'm going to think about this statement over lunch. I'm sorry, but I can't see it...

9. Ender00

Ender00 Member

Yep everybody got better except for Orlando

10. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

We got a better defender than our best defender (Asik), we're getting Patterson back healthy, martin is healthy, and we got tons of young talent to round out the bench and run teams out the building. This is better team than last year.

We essentially lost a point guard (Lowry/Goran) and a scoring PF (Scola). We got back a young PG (Lin), and a whole pile of young guns to replace Scola's offense (Motie/Jones/Royce). We did not have a healthy Martin for much of last season. He will be back healthy. And we got a nice young gun (Lamb) htat will be an improvement over Chase. We traded Camby for Asik (Asik is younger, longer, better rim protector). This is a better team, man.

11. jank1434

jank1434 Contributing Member

Then Houston flips all the rookies to ORL for Gasol. Lose-lose!!!

12. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

thta's a bold statement. I have seen the rockets rank in the bottom 5 of MOST power rankings and mock boards.

13. madmonkey37

madmonkey37 Contributing Member

I was wondering who was going to be next up in Hennigan's leverage tour.

14. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Orlando gets Pau and AA.

LOL

They can't even bluff right.

15. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

:confused: credibility going ...going ...gone.

16. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

This is even less logical for Orlando than the Brooklyn crap. Yes, I know it's Woj, but he was duped by the Brooklyn hype as well. Don't forget that.

Gasol and Afflalo is a ticket to mediocrity for the next five years. No cap relief for at least two years, no premium draft picks, not good enough to contend and not bad enough to be a lottery team in the East. Could they deal Gasol down the line while keeping Afflalo (who, by the way, is mediocre)? Maybe - but it would be beyond irresponsible to trade Dwight f'n Howard on the off chance that maybe you can eventually deal Gasol for the picks and cap relief you need. If that's what Orlando wants, they'll use Howard to acquire it. Pretty simple.

Yawn.

17. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

I actually agree somewhat. Don't think we are a playoff lock, but I think we are going to be much better than most people think for all the reasons you listed.

18. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

I was thinking that too, but do Omer Asik and Jeremy Lin really make us a playoff team? I doubt those 3 rookies will make any big difference since they're rookies. Jeremy Lamb should be a nice player, but losing courtney lee did kind of put us at a deficit in shooting guard strength. It all depends on wether Omer and Jeremy live up to expectations imo...

19. madmonkey37

madmonkey37 Contributing Member

Looks like saying this outright just gives Morey more leverage.

20. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

Disagree. I think there are at least 8 teams better than the Rockets in the West (OKC, SAS, LAL, LAC, MEM, MIN, GSW, DAL). Maybe more. This team may be more talented, but talent doesn't equal wins. Too inexperienced of a team. No continuity. Too many rookies. No defined roles.