1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

DONE DEAL: Dwight Howard to Lakers, Bynum to Philly, Iggy to DEN, Garbage to ORL

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SidDaKid, Aug 9, 2012.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Smoke screen.

2. yobod

yobod Member

I think it's just Orlando going through the motions in a desperate attempt to get Houston to up our offer. Dwight Howard and Andrew Bynum are not signing extensions, and we're the only team offering this many draft picks and taking back salary like Turkgalu without a guarantee from Dwight. Orlando will wait until the last minute of the trade deadline before accepting just like Denver did for Melo to save face.

3. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

1) If the Lakers are giving up Bynum and Gasol, the Rockets certainly can't compete from a talent standpoint. Their strength is providing the tools to Orlando for a full rebuild.

2) Orlando would come away with Gasol and Afflalo. LOL... they deserve what they get.

3) "The Magic would have a better chance of moving Gasol in another deal to get further assets, sources said" -- if this deal goes down and the Rockets go for Gasol, and it would be a tailor-made situation for the Rockets to do that, I'll be absolutely disgusted.

4. Willis25

Willis25 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. Raven

Raven Member

Dwight doesn't want to be here.

6. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Makes sense, because Denver and Philadelphia have enough pieces to make such a trade go around, but I have to wonder does this mean Pau Gasol is also in the deal along with Andrew Bynum.

7. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

There was a much more logical deal with LA/Hou/Orl available.

I don't see this deal happening, because Orlando gets very little.

8. teebone21

teebone21 Member

i guess orlando doesnt want to get rid of trash contracts. They arent getting bynum anways in that deal just pau and affalo. Their cap will be hooked for the next 2 years. Bad proposed deal

Sad how houston can give them cap room and young players + expiring contract+ unguarenteed deals and YET they will instead bow down to dwight and trying any way possible to hand him over to LA.

9. ctry2582

ctry2582 Member

Morey knows better. Gasol alone and the Rockets are like a 6-8 seed with a 1st round exit. Last year it made sense, Gasol, Nene and Hayes in the front court. This year, not so much.

10. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Seems like the Nuggets come out golden in this deal.

11. djohn2o12

djohn2o12 Member

Woj reported the Brooklyn story too. Smokescreen. At this point i say pull out.

12. Ming The King

Ming The King Member

I dont see ORL giving Howard for Gasol and affalo. HOU offer is better and NJ offer was better too

13. Convictedstupid

Morey: "No really, take the deal".

What a ****ty attempt at a power grab.

14. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

Haha, that would be quite an awful deal for the Magic. Also, how the Sixers would be able to land Bynum for Iggy is beyond me.

15. emcitymisfit

emcitymisfit Member

What do you think a realistic package for Gasol would be? A draft pick and Royce White, along with taking back a bad contract?

16. yobod

yobod Member

Pau alone is a bad contract.

17. rocketseagles07

I love how everyone is so sure that all this is just to get us to up our offer like we have some great package. Anyways, don't see it happening. That is unless Orlando and LA plan on doing exactly what they said they wouldn't do. I agree with whoever said, "i hope our involvement isn't getting gasol". Him and asik would be a nice tandem but they don't make us a contender and that takes us out of "rebuilding mode"...

18. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

LOL. I'm tweeting back to Woj, Mejia and the whole bunch:

Welcome to Houston, Dwight Howard. This is just more drivel from Fegan and Hennigan.

19. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Someone from ORL probably leaked this to Woj in hopes of generating some artifical demand for Howard.

20. rocketseagles07

Thats not enough for gasol, and I don't want to give up much more for him. I don't think the deal would work for either side unless orlando seriously just wants to dump his salary...