1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

DONE DEAL: Dwight Howard to Lakers, Bynum to Philly, Iggy to DEN, Garbage to ORL

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SidDaKid, Aug 9, 2012.

1. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Just more disrespect for Houston.

2. arjun

arjun Member

its all good...we'll get najera..

2 people like this.
  3. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

Before you all panic, remember this - not only are 4 team deals rare, but this could just be leverage. I will believe it all when I see it.

4. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

My goodness, what would we do with all of our PFs/Sfs???

5. Shirt Off

Shirt Off Member

lakers get what the lakers want

6. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

I don't think it's really a matter of "trying" harder... the Lakers have Bynum and he's pretty much a wild card.

Personally I don't think the Magic should be going for a max contract player... that team needs to clean the books and secure young players + picks. But Bynum is a rare big that can play -- the key is where he ends up in this deal.

7. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

8. alethios

alethios Member

YAWN...not giving two s**ts until it actually happens.

9. emcitymisfit

emcitymisfit Member

Bynum to Denver
    Howard to LA
    Gallo, Mozgov to PHI
    Iggy/McGee/Picks to ORL?

Would that even be possible?

10. claydavis

claydavis Member

no way is bynum and mcgee on the same team

11. claydavis

claydavis Member

mcgee was just resigned. i think its chandler

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

[rquoter]The Orlando Magic and Los Angeles Lakers are engaged with the Denver Nuggets and Philadelphia 76ers in a four-way blockbuster that could ultimately deliver superstar center Dwight Howard to the Lakers, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

A deal is not considered imminent, but the talks have grown serious over the course of this week, sources said.

There are multiple moving parts in the fluid talks, but the framework of a possible deal includes Howard and Denver forward Al Harrington going to the Lakers, Philadelphia guard Andre Iguodala going to the Nuggets, Los Angeles center Andrew Bynum moving to the 76ers, and Los Angeles forward Pau Gasol and Denver guard Arron Affalo going to the Magic, sources told Yahoo! Sports.

The Magic would have a better chance of moving Gasol in another deal to get further assets, sources said, and eliminate the risk of Bynum leaving them as a free agent in 2013. Nevertheless, there was still a sense that Gasol's and Bynum's destinations could be fluid in the talks. Either way, one would go to Orlando and the other to Philadelphia, sources said.

The proposed deal includes the Magic also gaining draft picks and salary-cap relief, sources said.[/rquoter]

13. Convictedstupid

I like how you quote the story before Woj even tweets it lol

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

[rquoter]The Orlando Magic and Los Angeles Lakers are engaged with the Denver Nuggets and Philadelphia 76ers in a four-way blockbuster that could ultimately deliver superstar center Dwight Howard to the Lakers, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

A deal is not considered imminent, but the talks have grown serious over the course of this week, sources said.

There are multiple moving parts in the fluid talks, but the framework of a possible deal includes Howard and Denver forward Al Harrington going to the Lakers, Philadelphia guard Andre Iguodala going to the Nuggets, Los Angeles center Andrew Bynum moving to the 76ers, and Los Angeles forward Pau Gasol and Denver guard Arron Affalo going to the Magic, sources told Yahoo! Sports.

The Magic would have a better chance of moving Gasol in another deal to get further assets, sources said, and eliminate the risk of Bynum leaving them as a free agent in 2013. Nevertheless, there was still a sense that Gasol's and Bynum's destinations could be fluid in the talks. Either way, one would go to Orlando and the other to Philadelphia, sources said.

The proposed deal includes the Magic also gaining draft picks and salary-cap relief, sources said.[/rquoter]

15. D12 fan

D12 fan Rookie

lmao this deal is not happening why would LA trade Bynum/Gasol for Dwight/Harrington that's a downgrade.

16. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Probably Bynum to Philly and some combination of Iggy/Turner to Orlando/Denver along with the other bad contracts going to Philly/Denver.

Doesn't make much sense. Denver just signed Javale. Philly just signed Hawes. Neither guy can be moved until December, I believe. And Javale should be BYC. Hawes possibly could be BYC as well. Bottom line...if Orlando is going to the lottery and rebuilding with picks and youngsters, they can't pull a lot out of any deals with those two teams. More Fegan bologna I suspect.

17. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Lakers giving up both Pau and Bynum, which they vowed they weren't going to do months ago?

And Pau to Orlando sounds a lot like exactly what Orlando supposedly doesn't want - a giant contract clogging up the books keeping them in mediocrity.

18. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

Good lord same bluff different day. Let them do that trade good for them LOL.

19. Ming The King

Ming The King Member

i could be:

Bynum to PHI
    Howard to LA and LA takes 1 bad contract
    Iggy to DEN
    DEN gives ORL NY pic + Mosgov
    PHI Gives ORL Pics and takes another bad contract

20. wakkoman

wakkoman Contributing Member

I just hope the Rocket's involvement in this isn't to get Gasol from the Magic.