1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Donatas Motiejunas - X Factor

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DudeWah, Nov 23, 2014.

1. Ol Bill Worrell

I had to take a break from this.

You can not make an argument that Dmo isn't our best Low post player.

You can make an argument that he passes up easy shots or isn't aggressive enough etc. but he is leaps and bounds better than Dwight on offense. GET DMO THE BALL!

Let Dwight get the offensive rebound and putback. Be Deandre Jordan. That's who you are, Dwight.

2. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

It's really by 3-4 people that keep spamming threads with posts every day.

3. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

That might be the casse. But that does nto change the fact that kingkingstons post was idiotic.

4. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

I think for DMO that will take a season or two for him to be a bit more selfish, I would rather see the kid shoot the ball more on anything under the free throw line.

5. ktbballplaya

ktbballplaya Member

Dmo is not a focal point of the offense so his stats are erratic. He may get a post up here and there, but until he's a focal point night in and night out you can expect this.

6. kemah

kemah Member

lol

Wow. No way can anyone think that Dmo should be the focal point of our offense. We would not even sniff the playoffs every year if we did that. Even Harden and Dmo would mean an early exit if we even make the playoffs. Dmo is not even a starter of an east coast team if they expect to make the playoffs. :eek:

7. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

DMo looked horrid in Wed's game. But he looked very good in the previous 3 games against the Warriors with Green defending him. I'd say he just had a bad game Wed.

Harden is the only guy who looks for DMo in the post. I remember one sequence when DMo posted up and Harden hesitated the pass. DMo thought that's the end of it and started running to the weak side. Harden actually called him back (you could actually hear Harden's voice on TV calling "D-Mo!"). And DMo went back to post and received the entry pass and scored on his trademark triple pump fake move. If it was any other ball handler, that would be another wasted post up opportunity for DMo.

I do agree with those who say that DMo should get part of the blame. He needs to be more persistent in establishing post position and demand the ball, rather than just run away when the ball handler shows a little hesitation.

8. ktbballplaya

ktbballplaya Member

Don't know if that's sarcasm/trolling either way I'll bite..

D-Mo is a better offensive player than dwight hands down it's not a debate anymore. D-Mo is our 2nd best offensive player on the team. However Mchale doesn't do any coaching he just sits there and watches as a fan, which he has admitted. People have no vision and just roll with the sheep because they are comfortable that way and that's Mchale and posters on this board. D-Mo has been talented since day 1, but the ONLY reason he got to shine is because of injuries otherwise without those injuries D-mo is playing for another team today.

9. kemah

kemah Member

lol

No the debate is not over. Just because you wish he was a better offensive player doesn't make it so. Dmo is not and never will be a great offensive or defensive player. There are only a few that says Dmo is so and that doesn't mean that the others agree so there is no debate on that.

Mchale has done a great job with what he has been given to try and compete with because he is expected to play Moreyball as the GM wants. Dmo has over 2 years to shine and showed himself to be a bust but we got lucky that his shot finally started to make it in the basket. I will give you that his post moves looked pretty up to that timer but he was a choker. Now his shooting is cooling off and he still can't rebound and unless Howard who is a DPOY is on the floor his defense has sucked. Dmo will never be able yo compete against elite defendents and elite teams unless he has a a great team around him and those are few and far between. Dmo or Cuban has to be paying y'all to come here and stir up chit.

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's obvious trolling, no one is legitimately that foolish.

11. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

How has his shooting cooled off? He's shot 50+% over all of the last 10-11 games or so, with the exception of the last Warriors game. There are 3-4 games in that span where his FG% was upwards of 72%.

12. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

Just ignore him. He is obvious a troll.

There are many thing people can say about dmo. Like his rebounding is subpar. Or he does not block shots. But for everybody who has a brain it is obvious that dmo is a very good offfensive post player.

13. kemah

kemah Member

lol

Then let's make him the focal point of the offense then huh. The lottery has great players coming out in the mid range I think that LA can use. Look y'all can love Dmo all day but that does mean we make him the focal point of the offense. He can't bang when he is the focal point. He can do some things when he has great players taking the heat off of him like Howard and Harden. We have a bunch of great west conference teams coming up and let us see what Dmo does against elite teams and defense. I will bet some tip jar money he fails again as usual, any takers?

14. ktbballplaya

ktbballplaya Member

This is my last response to you because your rational about what I said is all over the place.

I NEVER said D-Mo would be a better defensive player than Dwight I said better OFFENSIVE PLAYER. I don't think its debate if you really and truly understand basketball then you see the obvious difference in skill set btw dwight and Dmo. And when did he have chance to prove he's a choker? The last 2 years he never played because Mchale doesn't have a innovative bone in his body. He went with the athletes instead of the better skilled player. D-Mo has already shown when he gets touches he can score on the noah's and anthony davis's of the world so what are you talking about? You know what never mind this isn't going anywhere.

15. kemah

kemah Member

lol

Good to blame others for ones failure. Great argument. Take care.

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

There were Rockets fans on another site arguing that Draymond Green is better defensively in the post than Anthony Davis, so maybe this Kemah troll thinks that as well. It's possible that's why he's unimpressed by DMo putting clown shoes on Davis, Noah and Marc Gasol.

17. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

My post was in direct response to your statement that he is "cooling off," which is just a really weird/inaccurate thing to say about someone who has been consistently shooting anywhere from 50-74% over the course of the past several weeks. If that's cooling off, I frankly wish the rest of the team would follow suit.

Harden is obviously the focal point of the offense, but I do believe DMo is the best/most efficient secondary offensive option on the current roster. My opinion might be different if Dwight would stick to his strengths, but he does not -- and everyone else is fairly dependent on Harden for their opportunities. And contrary to what you posted, DMo performs pretty well in lineups without Harden or Dwight. Some of his best offensive moments have come with lineups including Papa/Ariza/Brewer/Josh, etc.

18. Ol Bill Worrell

Laughable. Let's ask the GM of the team, oh yes that's right he's already stated that Dmo is the 2nd best offensive player on the team and has all star potential.

19. ktbballplaya

ktbballplaya Member

LOL WOW!

20. marky :)

marky :) Member

Did you forget who we have on this team? It's not hard to be the 2nd best offensive player on this team.