1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Donatas Motiejunas - X Factor

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DudeWah, Nov 23, 2014.

1. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

He needs some veteran to teach him the post game. We have no one on the roster to do so. Scola would be that nice veteran.

2. photojoe

photojoe Member

It would just depend on what we traded Jones for. If we were pursuing a PF, trading Jones wouldn't be bad. If we were pursuing a PG, trading Jones would leave our already thin frontcourt in even worse shape

3. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

I just ran into DMo at Walgreens. I didn't take a picture out of respect. He was with two older people that I'll assume are his parents although I am a bit skeptical.

4. SLRokJok

SLRokJok Member

agreed. That ticks me off the most. Black does the same thing.

5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I've seen D-Mo play in person several times. He's one of my all-time least favorite players. He's always been ridiculously soft. He disappears in the moment. A kid amongst boys. But I was there Saturday and I saw a different player (well, for the first 38min of the game). He brought some toughness. Rose to the occasion. That was by far his best game in the league IMO. But I'm still not expecting it on a regular basis. If he's a significant rotation player then we're not a contender.

6. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Really? D-Mo has been a plus defender for about a year.

7. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

When DMo plays like his testicles have descended, he does well. He just needs to do that more often.

8. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

Man, you are worst than the LOF's... He's a decent backup.. you keep trying to force feed the garm BS disguised as caviar...

You are truly D-Mo's #1 FAN...

[​IMG]

T_Man

9. omgTHEpotential

And you must be D-Mo's #1 hater... The guy (jtr) is speaking the truth, DMo has really improve his defense.

10. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

You think so? I have been saying that D-Mo is as good as the Rockets are going to do for a backup C/PF this season. Is that so far fetched?

You do need to moderate your testosterone levels.

11. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Horrible finisher and shooter

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

not to the extent he actually believes.

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

its funny how its pretty quiet around here when dmo has the typical Dmo like games and struggles, which happens more often than none.

14. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

But absolutely excellent on the defensive end. Where 50% of the game is played.

15. Zergling

Zergling Member

It's pretty clear that D-Mo is very solid on defense. This is why acquiring a starting PF like Millsap is critical. This allows us to move D-Mo to backup center. With his solid defense, D-Mo as a backup C is more than adequate compared to our current options. So getting a PF actually kills two birds with one stone.

16. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

A very good point. D-Mo currently is a very good backup at the PF/C positions due to his defense. But the Hawks are in the chase for EC seeding. I doubt that Millsap is available.

17. Zergling

Zergling Member

Yes, we need to root for them to lose just as much as the Pelicans. ATL lost to the Lakers at home but are still a 5 seed currently. With Millsap being an unrestricted free agent, they have to mull the consequences of losing him for nothing versus getting a potential high lottery pick and other assets from Houston.

18. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Trade deadline stuff. Not for November.

19. Textroets

Textroets Member

D Mo is one of the most frustrating to watch players I've personally ever seen on the Rockets. I don't mean that I think he's terrible, it's actually sort of the opposite. He will have games when I think he doesn't belong in the NBA (games when he looks absolutely lost, throws up garbage shots, gets pushed around, shoots air balls from the 3 point line).

Then theres are the games when I think he can really be a major contributor (when he plays great d, slows the game down and stays out of foul trouble and has confident and crisp posts moves)

He absolutely drives me crazy with his inconsistencies. I still can't make my mind up about him.

theimpossibles1 likes this.
  20. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Notice how all of your points are on the offensive side of the ball. Watch a few games paying attention to the defense.