1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Donatas Motiejunas - X Factor

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DudeWah, Nov 23, 2014.

1. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Exactly. Posting out of context stats to push a narrative is lame.

D-Mo's stats at the PF position, next to Black, Dorsey, and Howard were good. His stats at center with TJ next to him were terrible, which isn't all that surprising since Jones is one of the worst defenders on the team.

2. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Is DMO 100 percent health wise right now?

3. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

He is undergoing rehab. He is expected to be ready to play by the opening day of the new season.

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Not at all, but from all indications his rehab is right on schedule. He's already back shooting, which is nice.

5. basketballholic

Hey now. Let's be nice to Mr. Terrence. He is, after all, one of the top 450 defenders in the NBA. ;)

6. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

I think we have been saying how bad Jones is for years now.

It's funny that some still think he's an impact player for us even after he's been exposed two years in a row.

7. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Physical health shouldn't be the only concern with Dmo right now, it's gonna take him a while to get back in his groove mentally. He seemed kinda shaky mentally already, hopefully he recovers well.

8. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Wow really starting to overuse that joke

9. OpenLayup-Why3?

If u remember, DMO entered the league very confident, cocky. Then McHale did all he could to erase his confidence for 2+ years. After successful summer leagues and training camps DMO was stacking DNPs to start the seasons, after every bad game DNP game was next. After every single mistake bench for the rest of the game was following. So don't you dare criticize his confidence and mentality now, when this team did everything it could to **** with it.

10. roslolian

roslolian Member

Yup exactly so there isn't really a stat out there for it, because only a human person can say whether the opponent passing the ball was due to DMo's defense or just someone making a random play. That's why I don't really believe in individual defensive stats that are publicly available, none of those measure the actual impact since most of those just measure the shots opponents took which missed. This gives a sizeable bias to players that hang back and then block or contest shots (ie Camby, Jordan)vs guys that get down and dirty on D (Ariza, Battier, Bowen and probably DMO).

11. nobie

nobie Member

Yup and to me DMo passes the eyes test very much. I already noticed his really good defence while he was playing for his NT last summer. Only problem was, he wasnt really converting his postups on other end. Then once NBA season started he finally had his chance once both Dwight and TJ went down. And he showed same kind of defence, plus he started really converting his postups.

12. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

LOL, D-Mo only fan?

13. Down19

Down19 Contributing Member

No he's still rehabbing his back

14. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

DMo got plenty of time his rookie year, he was just horrible.

Light went on for him in the first Sacramento home game this season, he was terrible before that.

I laughed at this post, lol.

15. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

He had a few good games year 2 as well. I'm thinking a home game against Memphis where he showed up big in the fourth.

Consistency came year 3

16. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I know tjones gets blasted on this board and rightfully so but off the bench he is actually not that bad. I don't want him anywhere near the starting lineup or even close to 30 min a game, but he can be a real asset to the team coming off the bench and getting a sold 12/6 in 20-23 min a night. We could do much worse is all I'm saying.

17. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

I have a feeling Dmo won't be the same until Dec or Jan. I don't know why.

18. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Lmao look at his user name and sig...

It's literally a rant about the Rockets offense, and about how he feels when players shoot 3's on fast breaks.

19. nobie

nobie Member

I heard McHale was praising DMo in Summer League?

20. linkz1993

linkz1993 Member

Talking about how he was at times our go to guy when our offense wasnt going anywhere and how he stepped up big when Howard/Jones were out