1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Donatas Motiejunas unsure he'll be ready

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ico4498, Sep 11, 2015.

1. Remlap

Remlap Member

OOOPS. MY bad.
    You are right. I skimmed through the article and at first glance it seems he
    is saying that everyone should be back, DMO would be back on Saturday
    AT THE EARLIEST

Sorry about the mis-info. As you were.....:)

2. micah1j

micah1j Member

Feigen on D-Mo (4hrs ago) Hearing stringing together good days of workouts w/out setbacks. Good sign, but sounds like a while before practice.

3. OpenLayup-Why3?

Have you listened to Jalen Rose a lot? Because I have. I'm not calling him racist, but his bias does come up at times. He does like to bring his dissatisfaction that there's way more white coaches in the NBA than African Americans. Let me repeat: dissatisfaction. He lets it show, he doesn't just bring it as a stat, he complains about it. He showed huge dissatisfaction when Kerr replaced Jackson, but couldn't give a ***** when Brooks or Thibbs got canned. And I'm not asking you to dislike Jalen, I like him, he just has these annoying biased moments. And I don't really care that Jacoby is always the one who brings up DMo when talking about Rockets and Jalen always promotes Jones. Well ok, I do care, that's why I'm posting about it. But you can't say I'm making things up. I watched probably every Grantland podcast with Jalen for last couple years and he aint saint when it comes to appearance. In the latest podcast he made fun of Zaza Pachulia's big head. Lol

4. OpenLayup-Why3?

P.S. NBA players were criticizing Jalen after the NBA Draft for his player comparisons, where he compared white players to white players and black players to black players. Don't tell me I'm making things up.

5. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

What does "a while" mean? The season's a week and a half away. Will he miss a few weeks? A month? Longer?

6. OpenLayup-Why3?

A while means that nobody knows for sure. Nor doctors, nor DMo, nor Morey. How can a regular poster tell you what a while means?

7. Normalus

Normalus Member

Did I heard Jacoby say that Dwight is extremely effective in the post & nothing about Motiejunas? Did I heard Jalen say we still have Papanikolaou? It's a stand-up comedy show?

8. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

Yeah that was pretty bad. Nobody mentions DMo being out during the playoffs. He would have killed people in the post last playoffs. Alas, it wasn't mean to be...

I kinda liked it though when Jacoby said he'd Papanikolaou in the club LOL

9. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Still no timetable on return. I'm told he has been stringing together consecutive days of workouts without setbacks. <a href="https://t.co/CPlqPCpvKG" title="https://twitter.com/therealdanzel/status/655397352841216000">twitter.com/therealdanzel/…</a></p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/status/655397773458583552" data-datetime="2015-10-17T14:59:40+00:00">October 17, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

10. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Come on DMO, we need you BACK.

BACK
    A
    C
    K

11. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

I'm starting to get worried about DMO. If and when he does come back the question will be whether he'll be the same player.

12. Normalus

Normalus Member

This ain't real, isn't it? :eek:

Official DMo account on facebook post just minutes ago:

13. elainas

elainas Member

We all know he's unstoppable "two hand amphibian" in post, he shot near .400 in last month he played, and know he rehab all summer and just wanna be on the floor. Can't want to see him on the floor..

14. nobie

nobie Member

thats 74%

15. omgTHEpotential

Dwight shoots 88% from the freethrow line in practices.

16. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Wow - he's making a ton of shots in practice?

Now we just need to get his daughter in front of the cameras and we have an MVP candidate on our team.

17. bmd

bmd Member

I believe it is more like 80%, but yes, people shoot better in practice. But D-Mo isn't staying in the same spot.

He's moving around the arc until he hits 10 in each spot. 74% from 3 while shooting around the arc is a very very good percentage.

A sharpshooter like Kyle Korver will hit about 85% to 90% or so shooting over and over from 1 single spot.

So making 10 from each spot, while also shooting some catch and shoot from off the run at 74% is pretty good. Especially for a 7-footer.

18. OpenLayup-Why3?

I always hated shooting those mid range baseline shots. Probably the hardest spot to shoot on the court. No backboard in horizon, so the rim is kinda hardly defined by your depth perception, distance is not too close, but not far away, so I'd airball it a lot.

19. OpenLayup-Why3?

DMo gonna age so well as a bball player... Shooting, posting up, passing, court awareness are things that don't go away when you age.

20. bmd

bmd Member

I don't think he was shooting mid-range baseline shots.

He was starting at the block and would run out to the corner to catch and shoot.