1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Donatas Motiejunas unsure he'll be ready

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ico4498, Sep 11, 2015.

1. dmoneybangbang

Lol. TJones has been by far the most consistent big not named Dwight since Jones was drafted. DMo has the potential with a whole 1/2 season of looking like a legit all star combo pf/c coming off a back injury. Your opinion of jones is widely mocked across two rocket fan sites. TJones doesn't have to drastically improve but build on how he started last season.

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

My opinion of Jones is widely shared with the vast majority of Rockets fans, it's only the relatively few (but incredibly loud) Jones fans who see him as something more than he is.

DMo is the best PF on the team and it's not particularly close. I expect Jones to be a pretty good player off the bench this year and then walk in FA.

I honestly can't believe you used the word "consistent" to describe Jones when the only things "consistent" about him has been his inconsistency and his consistent failure in the playoffs. You seem to be in need of a good dose of reality.

3. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Tip jar is always cutting up other members, especially when they don't share the same opinion as his. And why haven't he posted DMo's video of making all those three's in 2 hrs.

1100+ put up in 2 hrs, that's around 6.2 sec/shot. LOL Ok

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Is it your theory that DMo was lying about it?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">2 hours, 1134 three point shots taken - 750 made. What's your score? ;) <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Pursuit?src=hash">#Pursuit</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/HoustonRockets">@houstonrockets</a> <a href="http://t.co/8iI7yh8NmY">pic.twitter.com/8iI7yh8NmY</a></p>&mdash; Donatas Motiejunas (@DonatasMot) <a href="https://twitter.com/DonatasMot/status/652169500578725888">October 8, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

5. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Show me the video

6. AstroMechPLZ

AstroMechPLZ Member

Are you really that petty? What incentive does Dmo have to publicly lie about it? Plus if he was lying he would know he can't get away with it, given there are trainers there when he was shooting.

7. Normalus

Normalus Member

If he didn't count breaks between shooting then it's possible.

8. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Hey man I want to see the video. You have people posting videos of Jones. So hook us up with the vid man.

9. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Why does the time even matter? These guys never shoot multiple shots back to back during games, so it's not a significant factor in improving their accuracy. DMo was probably rounding off the number and just wanted to show he was putting in work.

And FWIW, that was an off day for the team.

10. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I'm not sure what I'm reading. You don't think it's beneficial to shoot a bunch of shots during practice?

11. dmoneybangbang

Like I said, you've been widely mocked across two fan sites. I don't think anyone disagrees with DMo's potential over Jones, but the extent that you disparage Jones is comically inaccurate and shows a clear bias.

Based off how many games of his entire tenure as a Rocket?

It's actually very close until DMo can prove he can consistently be at the level or near that level he showed in only a half a season....

He's been consistently slightly above average in the regular season, something DMo can't claim.

I could care less about the playoffs with Jones, as he actually played while his counterpart wasn't good enough to play against Portland in any meaningful way and was injured last post season.

Again how many games or minutes has DMo played in the playoffs?

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Laughably false statement.....but there's no point in going into it with you, like the Lin fans that came before you, while you're disruptive now, in a few years you'll be someone else's problem.

13. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

No you were right, that was what you were reading

14. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Yeah that's typical Bobby and I know what other Rockets forum you talking about to. LOL

15. dmoneybangbang

Lol. Again, DMo the you're getting a hard on only showed it for half a season before he went an injury slowed him down and ultimately took him out of the season.

Half of a season out of three.... I'm high on DMo but I'm just stating the facts here...

16. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Dmo has followed a typical player development for someone of his type (skill/iq based) where the game is out of reach early on until they finally get it, and has a large upward spike, they usually start to get it around 25 and peak late 20's, early 30's, if they don't get it by season 3 they never will but the first 2 seasons are usually pretty non-descript.

Jones has done much the same for a player of his type also (length/athleticism/low iq), they peak sub 25 and are usually who they will always be by about season 3 or 4.

Dmo was always higher risk, higher difficulty, higher reward, but it also meant if he surpassed Jones, he was only going to keep pushing further ahead because skills increase as you age whereas athleticism declines.

17. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

What I like about Dmo is that he came in to the league ready to kill anybody in his way. Jones doesn't have that mentality.

18. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Basically, this thread is DMO vs Jones

Moderators, update the title!!

19. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Hilarious. He was banned at another Texans forum.

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, true story, but Tim doesn't matter anywhere else, so that's literally the only place that I'm banned at. It's a Tim thing, not a me thing.

Of course you probably know that.