1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Donatas Motiejunas unsure he'll be ready

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ico4498, Sep 11, 2015.

1. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Jones for 2pat would be a dream come true for the way our team is built.

2. BigShotBob

BigShotBob Member

Carl faints.

Speaking of which, I havent seen Carl post in a while.

3. OpenLayup-Why3?

Morey also said that they're not talking days till DMo returns, "more than days". That can mean it's weeks, months or even years till we see DMo on court again. And then the next day McHale said during practice that DMo doesn't even run, but no one knows how to interpret that.

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It would be one of the only ways Jones could be traded for a PF worse defensively than he is but Pat can shoot, so in some ways that might work coming off the bench. Either way, I want nothing to do with him.

5. OpenLayup-Why3?

This is VERY unrealistic. I don't know where you're getting this information, but Jones doesn't fit in Toronto AT ALL. I watch as many Raptors games as Rockets, they have a lot of average PFs there, but Patterson is youngest, improving and on a good contract. Also shoots 3 what Raptors indicated as an important attribute to their PFs.

6. malakas

malakas Member

yeah well Ppatt doesn't fit in Toronto either since they will have horrendous defence in the frontcourt this year.
    And before you claim that Biyombo is a good defender , shot blocker =/= defender.
    You need an Ibaka next to Valanciunas to fit , because Val's PnR defence is awful.

7. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Why would we do that, Jones is better than Patterson.

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Eh, it would be pretty much a wash. Patterson is even more pathetic defensively but he can actually shoot the ball. If you are a contender, you don't really want either of them to be getting that many minutes in the playoffs if you can help it.

9. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

This by far is the most interesting thing to me right now on CF.

I mean, in my mind, Codman totally called the Lawson acquisition back in February.

Who could this PF be?!?!?!?!?!?!

-------------------
    1) "Watch four the vet."

2) "Just be patient. We'll be jumping soon." (With regard to the Power Rankings and where we are underrated)

3)
    "security is a concern"

"There once was a international player that held out on his contract until Dwight decided where he was going (pre-Htown)"
    " Sorry, Stan, you messed up. "

"..."He's not Drake, that's for sure."..."
    "6 is poppin' right now."

"Do you believe in a home-return or is the price too high? I don't know, but security sounds important."

-------------------

PPat wouldn't move the needle with power rankings, IMO.
    Tristan Thompson? International, from Canada, Home-Return, played for Texas, price too high, currently wants a small fortune?
    Ersan Ilyasova? Pau Gasol? Nothing matches or makes sense. A needle-moving PF trade that ships TJ or D-Mo....GAHHH I want to know!

*sending today's round of positive thoughts and good vibrations your way Codman. Thanks for sharing what you know and making the boards fun.

10. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Patterson is a very smart player, and I would love him on this team. Fits perfectly. Plus player both offensively and defensively.

Don't like the second year of his contract because I think we have a strong position in the Durant game.

11. malakas

malakas Member

that's right, I agree. But it's about contract.
    Also PPat's weaknesses next to Dwight would be less obvious.

Many times even when a player is better than the other, the contract situation makes his value better or worse. Ppatt's has a great contract for two more years.

12. malakas

malakas Member

some of those refer to Scola.

13. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

I see what you mean: return of Ex-Rocket. Vet. International. He just signed with Raptors this offseason. 2 days ago he put his house in Indian up for sale. Could also be seen as more reason for 2Pat to come back to Bayou City.

If it's TJ for 2Pat, then 1 Kentucky guy in & 1 Kentucky guy out.

14. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

What would happen if it was DMO for PPat? How long is it going to take DMO to come back to 100% this season, he hasn't even been able to run in half a year much less mix it up with physical contact and that doesn't happen overnight.

15. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Dmo is not cleared to play and we're still trying to trade Jones. Fans in their horrible dreams. We don't need to make a trade people. Give it up already.

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Then the Rockets would have by far the worst defensive PF rotation in the NBA unless Harrell took over as either starter or primary backup.

17. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

That would be stupid for the Rockets. Why would they trade their best post player and a guy who can get you a bucket when you really need it?

18. malakas

malakas Member

Well because also of the Stan you messed up, because I think that there was a trade proposal for Dwight while in Orlando and it involved also Scola's contract or smth.
    Scola can't be traded until January. PPatt can be traded.

well that would mean two things. A) DMO's agent has made it known that he is aiming for a max contract that the Rockets arenot willing to match B) His health problems are moreserious that we know.

19. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

There are no trade talks involving Jones or Dmo. It's just fans with their pipe dreams. We're going to stand pat until the All star break. If a trade is done, it will be a minor one at best.

20. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Think Luis held out for a bit... and considered going back to Tau...

- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luis_Scola

This was probably what Cod was referring to about Stan messing up...

And yes his salary is a bit costly(2.9 mil)...but Houston and the front office really love Scola...Guessing Scola wants the "security of remaining here..."

Anyways thanks Codman for your info, and with ur reference to lymphoma and radiation...hope things are well BOSS