1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Donatas Motiejunas unsure he'll be ready

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ico4498, Sep 11, 2015.

1. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

We all are molded differently, therefore some heel faster than others. This could very well be the case Bobby. If he was ready to go I don't think McHale will hold him back because we have D12, Beard and Ty.

2. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

I predicted earlier that he will more and likely be ready around December. We have enough talent who can hold down the Fort until he comes back. But if Dwight is taking games off this season. We might be in for a long ride.

3. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

That video prob got me more hyped than anything I have seen all offseason. I know what James can do he's the best player in the league imo. I know dwight is a monster come post season I don't worry about him at all. Ty is ty he's been the same guy since I watched him on those Roy Williams title teams in the 2000s he's stud and more ppl will take notice this season because, well I know most won't agree but houston is a big city with a lot of money and we do get major coverage because of that and success also having harden helps a lot he's in the news every day.

But man o man if dmo can play like that every night we will beat every team this season and I don't mean beat I mean Molly whop these teams over the head like my granny did to me when I was acting up. He's so perfect for our offense can hit the corner three at atleast a dryamond green 33% can pass in and out of the high post and runs the floor like a mad man. I don't need to speak on his post game because we all know it's the best in the league.

With dmo and dwight Down low we have something no other team has and Thats two 7ftrs with complimentble skills. What dmo lacks in rebounding and help coverage dwight excels at what dwight lacks In passing and outside shooting dmo excels at. I'm so excited for this combo to abuse teams down low going into the playoffs.

By years end we might have the most explosive backcourt rotation in the league in Harden/ty/Bev and the most explosive front court rotation in the league in Howard/dmo/jones/Clint. Only teams with comparable rotations are the Warriors and clippers and those might be out biggest challenge for a title.

Good things are coming rocket fans I cant wait for the regular season to begin.

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Oh I wasn't saying that they'd hold him back if he was ready to go, just that they won't rush him back since they should have enough star power to make it for a while at the start of the season without him if it came to that. Then again, Howard is missing the first game, and we still don't know how long Ty is going to be suspended for, so let's all just hope DMo is good to go by the start of the season.

5. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

We did great without D-MO last season when he was out. This season we will do better because we have more players who can make a difference.

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

He was greatly missed last season in the playoffs and him being out is a large part of the reason the Rockets had no chance against the Warriors. If he misses time this season, he'll be missed just as much or even more since there isn't Smith to fill in as starter. Maybe the hole at starting PF won't hurt as much with Lawson, Howard, and Harden in the starting lineup, but it'll still hurt if it happens.

7. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

True. The group that went to the WCF was mentally tough and hopefully that carries over to this season especially in the beginning. Hope our big's worked hard on their rebounding this off season.

8. elainas

elainas Member

Even know Dmo is questionable for season opening, but DM in media day interview said DMo is great(basically in good enough), but wait for doctors to clear. But there is one, but even known that its good for DMo for full rehab and more. Its even better for DM. It allow play TJ, Capela and raise for possible trade value, I bet DM hide DMo to trade deadline if he can :D

9. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Boss BimaThug would have to explore this, but even in my lymphoma daze, and as deep as we are, I've heard that security is a concern with DMo and TJ holding down the fort.

There once was a international player that held out on his contract until Dwight decided where he was going (pre-Htown) Sorry, Stan, you messed up. Money is a little high, so I don't know how it works. "He's not Drake, that's for sure." Again, just an ear to some of this...

And, the 6 is poppin' right now. Do you believe in a home-return or is the price too high? I don't know, but security sounds important.

I'm not Doc, I'm not Cyberx, I'm not Oeilpere, I'm not Popeye....I just work in the field and share HOW I can.

Burn me all ya want, it can't be any worse than the radiation. But, I love my fellow fans enough to share tidbits I hear. Hey, at least you guys didn't flame me when MT decided to revitalize his career here.

Love is love.

Cod

2 people like this.
  10. Normalus

Normalus Member

Actually I heard McHale say he's not running, at all.

11. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Not only Lawson but players like Capel (after a full second season), McDaniels and Harrell (if they get him in the rotation early) make this an almost totally different, yet better team than last season.

12. malakas

malakas Member

Codman I appreciate your posts even if I'm not sure I believe everything you say and I certainly appreciate your will to help and share info even with your bad health.
    I hope you are doing fine and that the Rockets will have something to help cheer you up soon. A championship. Keep strong. I send all my best thoughts your way.

I think you mean Patterson. I thik that the Raptors pf depth is still too weak to part with him so I don't know. They aim to be a contender afterall. - in the East-.

13. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

I don't expect much from Harrell. We all know how Mchale is towards his rookies. Harrell will have to force Mchale to give him some minutes after preseason.

It's going to be hard for KJ to get on the court due to log jam at the 2 and 3.

14. YOLO

YOLO Member

KJ is going to get a chance to play at some point. there's going to be stretches where KJ gets minutes and Thornton doesn't and vice versa, especially depending on how well either/or are playing when they get a chance. But KJ will get his chance and hell have to take adv of it when he does to earn PT.

15. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

Harrell has a decent shot at playing time imo. rebounding is supposedly his strength, we need rebounding.

16. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

link?

17. marky :)

marky :) Member

The thing with Codman is that he doesn't try to pass himself as a true insider but just someone passing on stuff he hears unlike someone who shall not be named. So I appreciate anything that Codman has to post regardless if it completely true or not.

I was thinking that also. Even if we could get PPat I still don't see him defending the West PF's.

1 person likes this.
  18. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Wish you the best with getting your health back Cod. Hopefully you mean TJ is popping right now and agree with Malakas in you possibly are hinting on Patterson from Raptors.

19. elainas

elainas Member

There "It looks great" it seems DM doesn't concern about that.(If it be serious, doubt he talks like that)

20. malakas

malakas Member

Yeah. I am not the insider police anyway. If someone believes or not it's their right (Codman, cyber or the one who shall not be named).
    Afterall this inside info even if true most of the time won't happen because the teams discuss a million trades that don't come through.

PPatt would be a good fit next to Dwight. But I just don't see it for the Raptors.
    They will want a pf. But the ones we have they will need to get paid next year. And Toronto has to pay Derozan (he asks for 20 per LMAO!) and throw something at Ross.

I can't even think of a good fit next to Valanciunas.

Maybe Jones for Ppatt will work..

Would you be for trading Dekker for Gibson? (if he's back to 100% health in christmas? )