1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Donatas Motiejunas out for the season

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Snow Villiers, Apr 8, 2015.

1. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

this dude straight up posted a pic on insta yesterday saying he's close to coming back...

now today, he's out for the season

the curse is real on houston rockets basketball

1 person likes this.
  2. eslate22

eslate22 Member

i agree he had by far the best offensive post game of anyone on the team but how often in our offense do we throw it down to the post? we are pretty much a PnR team... I wouldn't say he was out of position, there were many times he would grab a board and the opposing player would just snatch it from his hands... it's like he doesn't try to box out players

3. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

If it wasn't for the rumored back surgery, I'd almost believe that.

4. alethios

alethios Member

We really needed his >50 % FT as well as his defense and post moves.

Maybe he'll be available sometime during the playoffs, if not the 1st round, maybe the 2nd round.

Because I believe we'll make it past the 1st round, that's why.

5. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Well, now I don't want to work any more this afternoon.

1 person likes this.
  6. imasonamagun

imasonamagun Member

Whoa guys.......I know the DMO going down for the count isn't a good thing but keep yalls chin up.......NEXT ****ING MAN UP!!!!!! Go ROX

7. omgTHEpotential

I think with Harden/Dwight/DMo Rockets had a chance of contending for the title. Now it seems unlikely.

8. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Oh My Goodness. . . . . . .

Rocket River

9. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

WAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! ARE YOU FN SERIOUS!??!?!?!?! NOOOOO!!!!!
    We can still win this. Thank goodness for Dwight & TJ getting back and acquiring Josh Smith. Capela is a lock for the playoff 12 man roster now.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  10. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

GGAAAAHHHHH **** THIS TEAM

11. rocketman72

rocketman72 Member

F***. Did not expect this. More minutes for Capela.

12. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Not happening. If the Rockets are ruling him out for the playoffs already, they know his injury is serious. I just wish we could find out what the hell his injury is and when it happened. I remember seeing him late in that Pelicans game appear to tweak his back. He played through the final couple minutes, but he's been out ever since.

13. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Damn... I'll have a drink, or 2 or 3 or 4...., for D-Mo tonight

14. CisBuds4U

CisBuds4U Member

How DMO being out for the playoffs impacts the Rockets:

1) Rockets lose a go-to scorer in the post. Most effective offensive scorer in the post--better than Dwight, Jones and Smith.
    2) Lose his 30 min a game presence on offense and defense. This means a player who otherwise would've received limited to no minutes in the playoffs will get heavy minutes (i.e. Dorsey, Capella, Papa)
    3) Likely Forces Dwight and Jones to play heavier minutes. Both players dealt with serious injuries during the season--potentially putting them at risk
    4) Dwight will try to post up more when the offense stagnates or while Harden sits--this is a general negative to the game the Rockets like to play --could hurt more than help.
    5) Rockets lose a solid defensive presence at PF and more importantly LENGTH at the C/PF position which is crucial in the playoffs. Lose a post player for when the game slows (and the PNR)
    6) Rockets lose his 3 pt prowess...this is a big hit since the Rockets are so dependent on the 3--DMO helps stretch the floor better than Jones/Smith/other next to Dwight
    7) Lose his underrated passing ability. Smith is a good passer too and will have to pick up the slack

Conclusion: This loss will hurt. BAD. Its amazing also considering that he was a non-factor last year in the playoffs so we'll have to wait another year to see his impact. A key cog on the team is gone so Harden and (hopefully a healthy Dwight) will need to burden the workload as far as they can take us.

15. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

16. BigTex

BigTex Member

Damn he was at 37% from 3pt land. Only behind harden & terry

Wonder if Mchale will give Capela any playoffs minutes. Dmo never got off the bench in that Portland series

17. tenguin

tenguin Member

We still have mchale! Ye have little faith. Lol

18. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

Fire the entire medical staff from Kieth Jones to every Strength & Conditioning guy.

And throw that stupid Centaur Treadmill the effin garbage!

[​IMG]

19. roflmcwaffles

roflmcwaffles Member

Waste as in so much potential to have all 3 this year, and we never even got the chance to see it. (That's my understanding at least)

20. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

If your saying that this season hinged on DMO then I don't know what to tell you bro. Losing Beverly was a bigger loss IMO. The deepest position the rockets have is the 4 spot and DMO has not fared well at the 5.