1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Donatas Motiejunas now a restricted free agent, no qualifying offer for Terrence Jones

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by treyk3, Jun 30, 2016.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I wouldn't want him to play anywhere near 10-15 minutes. You have Ryan Anderson as the starter till he gets injured and then if DMo comes back that should be just about all of the PF minutes spoken for. If there are any left over, or after Anderson gets injured I'd rather play Harrell at the 4.

I know that Beasley can score, but he's just too terrible defensively to make it worth it even in the short term. Now if DMo doesn't return then sure, keep Beasley for backup minutes once Anderson gets hurt and Harrell is your starter, but other than that, he should be 4th string at the 4 and he's not an option at the 3.

2. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Beasley was an impact for us in several Games. It you were actually watching the games, you would've seen those for yourself. Being a stat junkie isn't the way to judge a basketball game.

And again were speaking our opinions here. So stop acting as if your opinion out weighs other members. I've played this game a lot in my days. Ive also watched countless games. So I believe my views are pretty solid.

Beasley did some good things out there for us and he had his share bad things too.

3. basketballholic

Good night Sally. You guys are looking past the pink elephant trying to find a sugar ant.

Here's a question for you to ponder. DMo's agency is Wasserman with BJ Armstrong and Tadas Bulotas. None of them have had one word to say about DMo's free agency or the alleged lack of movement on a contract. DMo is missing the Olympics peacefully and his team is currently undefeated with a decent shot at a medal. Nobody is talking. DMo is vacationing. And not one peep from his agents regarding a contract or the lack of talks.

Why?

Be honest. Why? He's the best player remaining in the market and nothing.

Why?

It's obvious what's going on here. Quit looking past the pink elephant searching for a sugar ant.

4. opticon

opticon Member

No sarcasm at all here. What is so obvious?

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

He's probably going to say something about a trade for Rubio which isn't at all obvious or even likely but it keeps being pushed anyway.

6. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

DMo said around July 20th that talks continue. And why would the agents say publicly that they aren't getting the offers they want, or allow DMo to whine publicly. Landry's wait until late Sept was also a very quiet affair.

My answer to your post is:

Occam's Razor, and you are seeing Pink Elephants.

Regarding Wasserman and DMo in the Olympics...I'll just drop this, which shows that the Olympics was originally the plan, but it fell through due to no good offers.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Donatas Motiejunas recorded his first postseason double-double during this year's NBA playoffs <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/TeamWassinRio?src=hash">#TeamWassinRio</a> <a href="https://t.co/Na00OruwM7">pic.twitter.com/Na00OruwM7</a></p>&mdash; Wasserman (@Wasserman) <a href="https://twitter.com/Wasserman/status/753311077350318080">July 13, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

7. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

The pink elephant is like "WTF??"

8. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Interesting find. I haven't been able to conjure interest in Olympic basketball without any Rockets competing. Not counting Nene.

9. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

And not counting Zhou Qi?

10. koby1868

koby1868 Member

I completely disagree with you on Beasley being the 2nd worst player on the roster. He was literally put in the game to score and shoot at will last year. Nobody was playing defense as you can recall. Plus it was a limited sample size. He's on an extremely friendly contract and well worth the risk for next season I can think of worse players on our current roster.

11. basketballholic

It's obvious that DMo has gotten his contract. He's not willing to lose it by getting injured in the Olympics. He's missing the Olympics happily. His agents aren't talking about him, promoting him, not threatening legal action for the botched trade. No teams are reported as pursuing him or even talking to him other than him indicating he has interest several weeks ago now. And now Hardens comments that DMo will either come along or he won't, as if DMo is an unrestricted free agent that controls his destiny. LOL. It's so obvious what is happening here.

He's got his money. Everything him and his agent team are doing and not doing indicates it. It's a matter of how the trade breaks down with a small chance (basically nil) he stays here on a shorter term deal. There are several hold ups on the trade(s). But DMo ain't sweating it. He's got his money.

But keep those silly occams razor comments coming guys.

Pink elephant.

#1291 basketballholic, Aug 12, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2016
  12. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Oh yeah. That guy too.

13. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Remember last year when bballholic said (over and over) there was ABSOLUTELY NO WAY KLove would sign a multi year extension with the Cavs?

14. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

You see...Love didn't actually sign a multi-year deal with the Cavs. While yes, Love did sign a multi-year deal, which would make it seem like he's incorrect, there are still backdoor inner-workings that we aren't seeing that will prove Rubiohollic to be correct in the end, even if those details don't ever actually come out.

You'll see...

15. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

[​IMG]

STOP looking for the "Pink Elephant"....

I found him, and his future is so bright he has to wear shades!!! :cool:

16. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  17. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

I bash the guy and his lack of credibility as much as anyone, but to be fair - winning a championship changes everything.

Hell, I wouldn't even doubt he has fringe connections to information but so much of what transpires in sports is fluid and based on other dominoes falling that even a .300 batting average is unattainable. (see doc rocket)

18. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Love signed with the Cavs the offseason before they won the championship.

19. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

What really happened was Love signed a bunch of consecutive ONE YEAR contracts. :p

20. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

What are the hold ups?