1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Donatas Motiejunas now a restricted free agent, no qualifying offer for Terrence Jones

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by treyk3, Jun 30, 2016.

1. malakas

malakas Member

So heypartner you dont think theres any chance he gets s+t? Just straight up signed?
    How much you think Morey will agree to pay him?

2. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Are you forgetting that giving him the ball in the post is generally a bad idea? Or does that not matter because of his salary?

3. sabesque

sabesque Member

Hahaha you're right.

Oh well, I tried.

4. malakas

malakas Member

But there must be smth wrong/strange with how they count post touches. Because I watched most games of two teams last year and Monroe got to post up 10 times more than Dwight but hes not even in that list?

5. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yeah but they were basically never without one between KD and Wes, also this year they don't have Ibaka.

The Mavs are a more complete, balanced and experienced team, and i can see them ahead of the Thunder.

6. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

sure.

When I say "signed" in this thread, it's shorthand for DMo signs with us vs delivers an offer sheet to match. So, "Sign" includes the "S" part of SnT.

A SnT could drag out, because all three parties (Rockets, DMo and Other Team) have to agree. Morey would do it to reduce roster spaces in a 2 for 1, to make room for more rookies, and something like getting a better backup for Ariza. And DMo's motivation would be about fit...like a guaranteed starter role. Third team would have to want DMo and really want to remove a bad contract from their roster...that's the hard part, imo.

Without that perfect mix of mutual interests, I see Morey just signing him (to trade later, if wanted), DMo liking D'Antoni, and 3rd Party not wanting to take extra contracts.

7. alethios

alethios Member

Pretty much any thread that Bobbythegrate and bballholic participate in will deteriorate into a free-for-all.

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Not if people ignore it.

But this is why I thought it would be cool to have a board style "Ignore" function where if a person got on enough Ignore lists, the board would ignore them - their posts would only be visible to themselves or others on that list.

And I mean completely invisible.

:)

DD

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Usually due to people like yourself trying to derail things by making threads about me. Talk less about me, and talk more about the topic of the thread and fewer threads will deteriorate.

10. alethios

alethios Member

I'm just calling it like I see it. This is a DMo thread, right? Since TJones and Dwight are gone, I think we can safely stop talking about them.

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Look at the title, it's a DMo and TJones thread.

Call it accurately instead of how you see it and it'll help things out.

12. Rokman

Rokman Member

I have a feeling Movie Jonas and his agent are treating this summer like Eric Bledsoe and his agent did a few years ago where the whole summer was eaten up waiting for that deal to close and when it finally did, Bledsoe got PAID. I think this is the same strategy.

13. Rokman

Rokman Member

Corrected. Movie Jonas is a funny autocorrect though

14. finsraider

finsraider Member

Doubt it. I don't think Houston would mind DMo taking the QO. Gives them another year at a low rate, and a better chance at creating space for a max free agent next summer.

15. heypartner

In general, yeah, I can see DMo dragging this out until the last week like Bledsoe and threatening to sign the QO for one year.

But a couple of differences, Phoenix had already offered him 4yr $12m/yr back in July, and he signed for 5yr $14m, so there wasn't much of a difference, likely they met half way.

Second, Minnesota reportedly was trying to work a SnT saying they'd take him for $15m/yr, so they gave Bledsoe/agent more bargaining power in the last week.

We don't see any offers like that being discussed with DMo. So, it's just as likely DMo gets Carl Landry treatment as it is he gets Bledsoe treatment by waiting...or DMo signs the QO.

btw: Rubio availability started with the Minn SnT rumor, and still hasn't died out. That's when we were all like Bledsoe, Dragic or Rubio. sigh

16. basketballholic

The chances of DMo taking the qualifying offer flew the coop a while back and it was confirmed with the signing of Nene.

17. heypartner

Hogwash.

We've explained this to you ten different ways,,,Nene has no connection to DMo's negotiations. The likelihood of DMo signing the QO is the same as it has ever been. In fact, one could argue the Nene signing make DMo less vital and more likely to give Morey reason to play Landry hard ball resulting in DMo betting on himself and signing the QO, just like Bledsoe was threatening in the last week of the 2014 deadline

18. basketballholic

You don't know what you're talking about. He's not taking the qualifying offer.

If there was any chance he was taking that qualifying offer we would have waited to sign Nene.

19. heypartner

That makes sense on paper and at RealGM, but it isn't the way things work.

You play the QO card all the way until the last week deadline, if you have to, just like Bledsoe did. And no way Nene waits that long. And besides, Morey made a promise to Nene to sign him immediately upon end of Summer League so they could sign Nanuaku first. There was no waiting on DMo's decision to convenience Morey as an option. Nene wanted a contract before the Olympics started, and Morey got him to agree to a deal with that as a condition.

bottomline: This has been explained to you before. You're just in some world of cap figures and spreadsheets and RealGM fantasy maneuvering games, and not in the world of listening to reality.

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The difference being Bledsoe had his best season while Dmo had another meh meh season.