1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Donatas Motiejunas now a restricted free agent, no qualifying offer for Terrence Jones

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by treyk3, Jun 30, 2016.

1. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Good point.. Lawson is probably looking back on that contract wondering "WTF did I do??". I mean by Giving up last season on a decent contract... there's no way he gets a big contract even with the funny money the nba is going to pay some of these guys. I wonder what happened, even in Indy he sucks.

2. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Yes it is embarrassing that I accept this nonsense statistical "analytical bulls$%#" that suggests that Terrence Jones was actually a contributing NBA basketball player in the NBA for two seasons. What an idiot I am for believing in statistics like Points Per Game, field goal percentage, PER, effective fg%, etc. Shame on me. F-ing nerds with their spreadsheets.

Even despite this "statistical analysis" I was still ALWAYS okay trading Jones if there was anything remotely valuable coming back. That was IT. I was always okay with trading him. Go look back at the original Cxbyy thread when you (as Jopat/BBhollic at the time) were making this bs argument that they should trade BOTH Motiejunas AND Jones (yes you guys wanted Motiejunas gone) for anything you could get because they weren't in the rotation in November.

I counselled patience since they couldn't get value back for each guy, and from that point on, I've been unfairly painted as a Jones only fan. If anything you and your butt buddy alter ego Hollic should be chastised for doing a 360 and claiming to be the biggest F-ing Motiejunas fans ever when he turned it around in December of 2014 and had three great months in the NBA. Because you guys wanted to give him the axe and trade him and Jones for nothing at that time.

So again... Shut the F up and block me if you can't handle reason and logic, and are only going to try and paint me as the enemy you need to make yourself seem like a prophetic hero.... jackass.

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Not surprised by this news.

DD

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

SMH, you would think that someone would have the sense to just eat some crow about being wrong after looking like a fool for 3 years but some people just don't have it in them. It's pretty pathetic, but there's nothing you can do for people like that.

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Houston's Terrence Jones, high upside forward, reaches unrestricted free agency. He is now represented by Dan Fegan and James Dunleavy.</p>&mdash; Shams Charania (@ShamsCharania) <a href="https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/748578228663685120">June 30, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

6. wekko368

wekko368 Member

You were painted as a Jones only fan b/c you denied his weaknesses and exaggerated his strengths.

And if you don't want to engage with Bobby, I suggest you stop baiting him. No more of this:

7. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Jones when healthy is a decent player. He needs to be around older, more mature veterans.

8. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Hmmm. Maybe Fegan simply asked Morey to "cut" Jones if we have no intention to sign him above X amt, just as good faith gesture for time served, so Fegen has more freedom to negotiate deals, like maybe one for less than the required 3 yrs of offer sheets -- like a 1+1 (team option)

That or a fear of him signing the 1yr QO. Just don't see Fegan doing that though

#68 heypartner, Jun 30, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2016
  9. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

For a while, T-Jones was definitely far more effective than D-Mo, but injuries really derailed his upwards progress. D-Mo on the other hand, gave strong signs that the lightbulb had finally come on for him, but then was derailed by injuries. It still remains a HUGE question mark of whether or not he is truly recovered for next season if he is still with us. If he goes elsewhere, meh, who cares?

10. dobro1229

Oh look you again. Jopat's third account. Jopat told me months ago that I have been put on the ignore list but yet he keeps responding. I guess he/you just can't resist.

You're doing the same thing here by calling out this notion that I exaggerated his strengths and denied obvious flaws. Such nonsense. He's denied the fact that he was a role player who contributed because he sucked last year and people want to say that they saw this coming years before. Just shut up and let the guy leave in peace, and live with the fact that he gave the Rockets minutes for two seasons that had SOME value on the court.

Nobody is saying he was the greatest player ever... I sure as hell never did. Stating he didn't actually suck doesn't mean he's great. Only that he simply wasn't the anal cancer plague that you guys painted him to be since he was drafted. I would have been glad to trade him for value back in the day, and I'm happy to see him move on now as its now a lost cause since he's been outplayed by others like Beasley, and Donatas. Something that, as a Donatas fan, I wished we would have seen Jones/Donatas' second year.

So give it a F-ing rest please.

Moving on... despite D-Mo's RFA, I like the Rockets really going out of their way to add this personal approach to Donatas that you rarely seem them making in this situation.

From a pure business perspective, they might have been better off financially (if they really do want to match his offer) making him a RFA, making it seem as though they have little interest in signing him because of healthy concerns to lower his value, and match the offer after offers were cautiously low. Nice to see them add the human approach here. I just hope that its not misleading when they have no intention of resigning him, but want to just play nice on his way out.

11. chievous minniefield

chievous minniefield Contributing Member

12. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

13. glenadyll

glenadyll Contributing Member

Zach Lowe thinks that there is a good chance that TJ still gets thrown $10M+ in this market.

"Hell, even after a wasted season, someone should still throw eight figures at Jones just to see if he can sustain the flashes of canny all-around play he showed in Houston."

Looking at what the Pelicans blogger said, it is easy to see the rationale. If a team needs to blow money to get to the salary floor, it would be easy to talk yourself into the idea that TJ was the victim in the HOU-TJ relationship. That he was a competent NBAer until the Rockets supposedly screwed him up.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/1...-midnight-friday-nba-contracts-flying-shelves

14. wekko368

wekko368 Member

We've gone over this before. You've exaggerated his strengths and denied his flaws many times. And yet you thinks quotes like this are taken out of context:

The fact is that you were wrong about Jones. Everyone can see that. And what's laughable is that when the subject is brought up, you act as if you were right. Just drop it and move on. People won't forget if you keep reminding them.

15. emcitymisfit

emcitymisfit Member

Exiting the playoffs in 5 games > 12th pick > 16th pick > DMO

Rockets hierarchy of value.

1 person likes this.
  16. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Amen.

17. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

18. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

[​IMG]

19. dobro1229

Yes I was wrong that he contributed as a basketball player for the Houston Rockets for two seasons. Shame on me for trusting the misleading troll site basketballreference.com.

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Seriously, has there ever been this much attempt to defend a scrub player not even worth a QO before? I know there aren't many Jones apologists left but the few that are still on about that are fanatical.