1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Donatas Motiejunas last season with HOU?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Ns575, Aug 6, 2015.

1. Ns575

Ns575 Member

He's getting a max if he stays healthy because of these ridiculous contracts as of late. Do you people feel as if we'd be pushing for him to stay, or would we be letting him walk and signing/trading for somebody that's cheaper?

Discuss.

2. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

he won't get the max

3. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Careful with those words...

Cuban takes them as fighting words...

4. Ns575

Ns575 Member

If he avg's 14/7/3 then someone will max him.

5. Zen Tabak

Zen Tabak Member

they won't give him the max, they might give him $15 million which would be a max deal this year but next year that number jumps way up. ain't nobody gonna give DMo a $21 million max deal though

6. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

see what he looks like coming back from injury.

7. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

If he is even close to being worth the max then we will be a championship team and will the price to keep the team together OR Trade Him for Durant.

8. Ns575

Ns575 Member

We're already a top championship contender. And you're acting like all players that have the max are worthy of being traded for Durant. Like right I'm gonna trade DeAndre or Wes for Durant. ffs

9. conquistador#11

you give him enough touches in the paint, not the three point line and he can consistently give you 18 a night. his footwork and touch around the basket are that great. he doesn't get the nick name white hakeem for nothing.
    18 pts and 7ft tall, that can run plus chew gum at the same time =$$

10. hakeemthagreat

Offensively he's a 2nd or 3rd option. Defensively he's worse than Jones. Rebounding he's non existent.

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL really? Defensively he's leagues better than Jones. Are you sure you didn't mean "When it comes to rebounding he's worse than Jones"? Because that would have been something that makes sense.

12. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Defensively, he is better than Jones. He knows how to rotate properly. Jones doesn't. Jones is a better shot blocker than him. There is no doubt that rebounding is D-Mo's biggest weakness.

13. Ns575

Ns575 Member

If he can improve his rebounding I'll love him long time

14. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Dmo is a way better defender than Tjones. Man sometimes I wonder if some folks around here actually watched some games this season. The only think Tjones may do better than Dmo is dunk and Rebound.

15. basketballholic

This is what happens when you just look at numbers on a paper or computer screen and don't actually watch games.

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

No worries, we will get the next big Lithuanian, just do not stash him too long overseas

17. bread and budin

Click bait garbage voted 1 star. If your going to post something like this, first of all Im sure you could find the proper thread to put it in, secondly don't use a title like you have - try something like "Do you think DMO is worth a max contract?"

18. underrated015

underrated015 Member

We haven't even seen Dmo go HAM in the playoffs and he is already Max player? Lol Dmo is a nice solid player but the hype he is getting is kinda crazy.

19. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

The chewing gum and running part makes wanna cough. I have a problem with food going down my wind pipe lately and can't imagine gum down there... :(

20. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

I guess you attribute defense to blocked shots?

Because that's the only way I can think T-Jones is better defensively than D-Mo, he has more 'awwww shh******t' inspiring blocked shots.

D-Mo is far and away the better positional defender.

I won't be upset one bit if he demands max money from the Rockets. I've stated before that I can count on a couple of fingers the players who are better skilled offensively in the low block than D-Mo. And even that's debatable.

If we however let him go because he's getting paid the max... I'm going to be sick to my stomach watching he become the focal point of another teams' offense and light it up.

#20 Downtown Sniper, Aug 7, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2015