1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Donatas Motiejunas finished his Euroleague season!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rivers, Dec 22, 2011.

1. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Howard would be fighting for the rebounding lead with Kevin Love if they played Euro ball.

2. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

It's probably the same way hockey works. Over there you have skilled players who make shots and then thugs who all they do is try to incite fights, commit dirty fouls, get fouled and sell it themselves, and maybe even injure a player here and there. Think Matt Harpring on the Jazz.

Those guys are probably not good enough to make it over to the US so we don't see them and never hear about them unless it's that time of the month for OHMSS again.

1 person likes this.
  3. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

This is a silly statement. I have never seen an american superstar in his prime do badly in the euro league.

4. Jontro

Jontro Member

The only reason if this were to happen would be because Howard will be too busy hitting 3 pointers for more challenge.

5. topfive

topfive CF OG

Easy to make shots when nobody knows how to play defense.

6. sinobball

sinobball Member

And top scorers (V-Span!!!) only average slightly over 20ppg.

7. valorita

valorita Member

what does he do when the season is over? should we bring him to HOU and "red shirt" him? so he can familiarize himself with the NBA

8. Alugeris

Alugeris Member

NBA fans talking about defence. Priceless.

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

OHMSS part 73 alert !!

DD

10. da_juice

da_juice Member

He hast returned!

11. rn_xw

rn_xw Member

WORD!

/OHMSS

12. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

Is it really that hard for OHMSS to stay away from a Rockets board? He posts on like a gazillion different places and he hates our team anyway.

13. BDswangHTX

BDswangHTX Member

noob making himself look like a douche on his first post. priceless?

14. cod

cod Member

As long as posters reply, he'll soak up the attention.

15. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

didn't he sign the 2 year contract there because of the lockout? i'm sure if this was a regular season the rockets would've brought him over.

also, i can't wait to see what mchale can make of him.

16. Raven

Raven Member

I'm guessing the reason why we won't see this kid in a uniform is because the Rockets want to try and develop Thabeet?

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You shall never say his name again.

18. Alugeris

Alugeris Member

Ahh... The GREAT paranoia of OHMSS.
    Can't you guys understand that it's just a different game, hence different defence. And if you do not understand how it works, it does not mean it's inexistent. In Europe there's a lot of team defence involved in gameplan which you rarely see in NBA. The game is run on sets mostly and not on the individual performances. The whole idea is to get your guy for a best offensive opportunity you can get (and for defending side - to prevent that), hence -> less shots taken, better shooting accuracy -> less rebounding possibilities. I hope it's not hard to understand.
    I agree that most of NBA players are individually stronger in both ends (offence, defence) than european, but in Europe you outplay your opponent not with your legs or arms, but with your head, by running tons of different sets in defence and offence, performing true zone defence and other stuff.
    So returning to the original point - the fact that players are weaker individually does not mean that it is easier to hit shots, the shot selection is just simply better.

P.S. I don't want to look like trolling, but your inadequate comment forced me into this. Cheers from the other side of Atlantic ocean ;)

19. mylilpony

mylilpony Member

What fence?

20. cod

cod Member

Feigen said the Rockets were going to sign him before the lockout happened. His current coach happens to be lithuanian. I wouldn't be surprised if his dad agreed to honor his contract even though he had a buyout because they're countrymen.