1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Donatas Motiejunas (believe the hype)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by hectoro, Jun 23, 2011.

1. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  2. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

I like any guy who walks into the place and goes after Dwight Howard right off the bat. LOL!

3. aeolus13

aeolus13 Contributing Member

People talk about him being another Bargnani like that's a bad thing. Whatever else you think of Bargs, he starts for the Raptors and puts up 20 a game. If we got ourselves a 20 ppg scorer and a starter with the 20th pick in a weak draft, that's about as good of an outcome as you could possibly hope for.

4. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

I know its not a bad thing, but what separated them is how Donatas at 20yrs old already has a very legit low post game that he's still refining. He wants to learn everything there is to know about the low post either it be from McHale, Scola, Yao and hell even Chuck.

On the other hand Bargnani and Nowtizki (guys he always gets compared to) have always shy'd away from the low post. Well Dirk has recently been more willing to make the transition to the post. But never the less neither are good comparisons.

That's why the guy that Donatas is most comparable to is actually Pau Gasol. A guy who can score in the low post with an a ray of moves but also able to stretch the court with his shooting and also a very good passer. Although he has a long way to go in order to reach Pau's level.

5. zxcvbn193

zxcvbn193 Member

Jonas Valanciunas is a good player, but Donatas Motiejunas is way better than him and all Lithuania agrees on that.

few things about him.

1) He will play in NBA this season as Benetton asked for 500k for his release and club paid it.No worries.

2)I don't get it why he got selected so low. He always gives his best, because he is Lithuanian and we all know how Lithuania loves basketball and that they work on defense as much as on offense. And to back up my words: Motiejunas won ''European most improved player award'' (in europe). So he has a good work ethic and good potential.

3) Hey all, I'm new here :D ( Lithuanian )

2 people like this.
  6. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Ridiculous how members on this forum will always compare shooting PFs only with Dirk, Pau and...Brad Miller(wtf). Way more agile than Pau and Dirk, more range than Pau, better passer than Dirk.
    Again, Brad Miller?:confused:

Donatas is way more similar to Bargnani.

7. Mr_Mean

Mr_Mean Member

Cant wait for him to get better and see if he has the potential that everyone says he has. You got the Dragon, and now D-MO. Cool stuff :cool:

8. yaofan07

yaofan07 Member

Here's a pretty decent breakdown of his game rather than a highlight clip. (Not done by me, just some guy on youtube).

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/7uvJ5rTjsNA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

3 people like this.
  9. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Welcome man, I always love diversity on this forum. Was hoping some Lithuanian can chime in on Motiejunas.

10. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Who cares, 20th pick, if he turns out to a jerk or whatever, not a big loss.

11. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

As I see it: Being good on YouTube and talking smack at a Rockets' PR Dog-and-Pony show is one thing. Actually being good against live competition on the basketball court is another thing entirely. Care to guess which of these is more relevant?

12. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

Oh, well, nevermind then.

13. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Almost all truly great players are cocky. No one was ever more cocky than Larry Bird. The guy walks into a room of NBA All Stars and asks who is going to finish second in the 3pt contest and then goes out and wins the damn thing. That is cocky!

14. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

McHale was the same way.

15. gtb

gtb Member

name is:

after he scores his first two points in the NBA on one of those spin moves... you can call him .. "THE DON"

16. gtb

gtb Member

call him ...

and...I suggest we call Marcus Morris
    2M

17. DreamShakeFTW

DreamShakeFTW Member

The people saying he won't get time at center obviously don't have a clue how weak the center position is these days. ESPECIALLY if he comes off the bench at 5. If he has any skills at all, he could start for several teams.

Playing him at C with either Scola or Patterson really opens up the low post for them to operate, while giving them a pretty good option at the perimeter if a double teams comes. Imagine Scola on the low post surrounded by capable 3 point shooters.

18. TheGoldenGreek

haha I was thinking the same thing...Friedman mentioned it as a joke and he just took off lol

19. jman255

jman255 Member

I don't think he's played against GOOD defenses, but I'm excited to see his potential.

20. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

thats the best vid I have seen of Donatas

nice to see someone took some time to break down his plays

thanks for posting it