1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Donatas gone

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Amel, Dec 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hakeemthagreat

No DMo is trying to get his own self out the league by overrating his skill set. His agent is only following instructions his client gives him.

Maybe DMo reads clutchfans and really thought he was a star like the fans here said he was

Stormy1234 likes this.
  2. T for 3

T for 3 Member

have you guys forgotten that asik cant catch/finish? there is a reason he is glued to the bench in NO....

Rocket River likes this.
  3. Bravoexo

Bravoexo Member

Will he have to pass a physical again with the Pels?

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Considering the only one he has failed is the dubious one in Detroit then yes.

DD

5. rocketjunkie

rocketjunkie Member

I've explained a possibility many times dd. Maybe the rockets and nets were trying to see if dmo could go to the nets and got the league involved. They said no, once the rockets matched the nets were out. Maybe the rockets said we don't really want him now that we see the physical results and the league said then you should keep him rfa or waive him and make him UFA. There are variations of this. The fact that he is getting a vet min when he had $8m/year offer before (and got rejected by the lakers) is VERY telling.

heypartner likes this.
  6. DaDakota

Supporting Member

I agree this is a possible scenario - but I don't think the lack of a decent offer is telling at this point, he screwed himself by being out so long and now teams are looking to take a low cost risk.

If, that scenario is true, then BJ really screwed up, as he had already passed the NJ physical - and was HAPPY with that contract, the fact that the Rockets low balled him should have been forseen and locked up tight in the NJ deal, it wasn't....so he settled with the Rocks, then something happened....

He took and allegedly passed the Rox physical on Friday - and D'Antoni was ready to add him to the team on Saturday and was sent home.

Anyway, he is gone, and I will still cheer for him in New Orleans when they don't play my Rockets.

DD

7. txn

txn Member

You are too high of expectation for him on the contract. Ryno was the best shooting big man on the market and fit to our system perfectly. He is paid for his ability to stretch the floor for James. D-Mo might have been a good low-post player (based on last year performance, he's not as dominate as pre-injury D-Mo in the low post) and OK 3 pt shooter (in his whole career, he only shot over 30% from outside in 1 season). However, none of his skill set can reach to "GREAT" level which worth for 20m per season for any team. 12 - 15m is the highest I would value him and he has to return to pre-injury form in order to get that 12-15m. Otherwise, MLE might be more realistic for him.

8. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Can it be a rule now that all DMo posts must be made in the Dish?

9. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

SMH. The Lakers seemed to have made more sense. But whatever. Let's see how he plays out.

10. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

We don't know if Lakers offered just the remainder of the season or wanted more. DMo's likely demands are remaining UFA for this summe and being given real PT, if you aren't going to match the Nets deal.

11. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

12. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

"If we want a lowball offer, we'll take the damn lowball offer!!! We know our rights!!"

Deuce, kevtse, vator and 5 others like this.
  13. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Didn't certain posters assure us that D-Mo was going to sign a huge contract that gets him paid? Didn't those same posters assure us to hell and back that T-Jones was trash who did not belong in the NBA. Interesting how D-Mo is now backing up T-Jones again for the exact same contract and on the same team as Asik no less. Funny how the world works when one can only spout bullshit and pretend it's insider information. Also, NOLA really must have a fetish for Morey's sloppy seconds.

Codman likes this.
  14. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Good for DMo, better for the Rockets in the long term.

If this is his final destination for the rest of the season, do the Birds(s) free somebody up, perhaps?

Also, DMo isn't helping any team reach the playoffs. Sure, he might contribute, but he lacks any sort of leadership and his stats aren't pushing any team up the standings. We're nearly half-way through the season, and he's just starting. The hype is baffling, almost to JLin levels.

15. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

They can do one thing he cannot .. . pick an agent
    Make a shark business decision

Rocket River

16. heypartner

craguin likes this.
  17. heypartner

Minny actually had capspace...And where the hell is Utah in all this. I feel like that cyberx thread was one long distraction on old news, now, or something...although it did flesh out some BS by holic claiming he knew Utah was in play

BJ cancelled meetings for a min contract. Lulz. So fitting

justtxyank and craguin like this.
  18. DaDakota

Supporting Member

I am hoping they promised him a starting spot or something.

DD

19. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

"Under the table $$$"-YULE C!

On the real though, he should have no trouble taking mins away from Tjones, Cunningham, Ajinca since Dmo actually can create offense for himself. I think he could complement Davis pretty well once he gets conditioned.

20. heypartner

Starting next to Davis. I could see that

Plus I suppose I'd hang up the phone on Ricky Rubio too, if he tried to tell me he'd help my development along with Towns

Easy likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.