1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Donatas gone

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Amel, Dec 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. topfive

topfive CF OG

Yeah, I wasn't refuting anything you claimed. I was taking on Texasasiafan's nonsense about DD's ignoring the facts and needing to "have to open your mind and eyes to accept the facts."

2. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

It's over. He's not a Rocket. Time to accept it and move on.

3. vator

vator Contributing Member

The Nets take on the situation is that the Rockets didn't like what they saw in his physical.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.nets...ts-no-go-for-d-mo-say-cba-rules?client=safari

#783 vator, Dec 30, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2016
  4. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

glad to see this thread is getting its second wind o_O

5. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Bet that mf wished he took the qo now.

If he's smart...

But he's still parading around with his clown agent so who knows.

6. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

at least they still have their rights

arabrocket, hakeem94 and xtruroyaltyx like this.
  7. vator

Sorry I'm sick of DMo too, but I hate the agenda posts that aren't substantiated with actual facts, but instead are full of speculation and conjecture passed off as absolute truths.

We're saying that some things ares simlpy a matter of common sense, but if the 2nd contract the Rockets entered into with DMo was somehow deemed inappropriate or a violation of the rules, wouldn't that mean that it was never valid in the first place and thus the 1st contract should be honored?

We're being told the Rockets tried to sign DMo to a contract that was not allowable and are being punished by the NBA. There can be no middle ground here. Either the new contract was valid and recognized by the NBA or it wasn't. If it was deemed not allowable it should not be recognized by the NBA and thus the original contract should have still been in place here. That is obviously not the case because DMo is not in BK after the Rockets said they didn't want him. The terms of the 1st contract are not being upheld here so the NBA obviously recognizes the 2nd one.

#787 vator, Dec 30, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2016
  8. rocketjunkie

rocketjunkie Member

This is my thought too. It seems to me that if the rockets had been the ones to screw up, the league could just not recognize the second contract as valid and forced them to go back to the first one - either pass dmo (he's a rocket) or fail him (he's a net).

In addition, feigen insisted that the rockets could have still declared dmo an RFA and start all over (minus nets). They apparently chose not to do so and instead just waived him when it would have cost nothing to see if another team makes an offer. Unless this was all false, that implied that the rockets were not really being punished for a breach of rules.

vator likes this.
  9. vator

Yes I remember that too. Feigan tweeted that the Rockets had the option to return DMo to RFA instead of UFA and chose to make him unrestricted.

10. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

according to CBS...
    This is a rather surprising move as it hints that Houston ultimately decided it didn't want anything to do with Motiejunas because of his physical. The Rockets could have announced that Motiejunas failed his physical and made him a restricted free agent again so they could have more leverage in future contract discussions. But instead the Rockets are letting Motiejunas go.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/d...motiejunas-rockets-ends-in-a-parting-of-ways/

11. HayesIsBack

HayesIsBack Member

My bad. I failed to catch up with the thread. I assumed DMo failed his physical being the reason the Rockets didnt end up activating him or going through with the contract.

12. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

You know what are the nonsenses?

1. Rockets are under the league's investigation and probably made some under the table deals to cover all these up.
    2. Just wait for it, the truth will come out one day.
    3. The Rockets will have no choice but to release Dmo to be a FA again and then he can sign a multi mils contract with a new teams, Morey is just evil.
    4. Sources said Utah is interested, oh wait.
    5. Actually several other teams are also interested and ready to fight for the right of Dmo, maybe even GSW.
    6. These are all calculated moves by Dmo's team.
    7. This makes the Rockets looked really bad.
    8. The Rockets not only lost a great asset, and they got hit hard on the future because a great player left.
    9. It is so awesome that finally the Rockets had been forced by the league and set Dmo free!!!
    10. Dmo is actually evaluating multiple options and then he will decide to sign with which contender to give him the best chance to win, money is not the major concern here, he will do just fine.

=======================================

Above are all the shlt that Dmo fans mentioned in the last few months and you want to talk about nonsenses?

BigShasta likes this.
  13. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If the league was enforcing the situation then DMO would still be a RFA - not an UFA. The Rockets decided to make him an UFA - they had a choice. That's the big hole in your theory.

14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I don't think they did, I think the league forced their hand, because they tried to usurp the spirit of RFA, when they voided the original match. Because that knocked out the Nets, and that was not how it is supposed to work, if you match, you match and the player has no choice, but the Rockets matched as low as possible to force DMo to renegotiate year 2's guarantee.

That, IMO, is the crux of the matter, the league stepped in and said, nope, nope, nope and slapped both the Rockets and DMo....

DD

15. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

16. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Huh, what? It is (was) or is not (was not) legal, licit, legit etc etc et alia. I mean, what? You and yule c are so off on ridiculous tangents on this whole ficockta mess. Sheesh. Get some facts, dispense them, or dispense from all this bull-oney.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  17. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The Rockets renounced the rights to Dmo, they did not lose them. Why would the Rockets do that?

18. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

19. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

On this team . . . at best he would be redundant
    At worse . . . .Chilling at the #15 position on the Bench
    Trying to get in before Wilter

Rocket River

20. The Hunted

The Hunted Member

Ficockta.

Thread Status: